Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
avalanche
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by avalanche »

Pfloyd I would not want to be #1 anymore. Your two #1 teams have lost now back to back. :-D

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 46 River Valley 35

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL ... avalanche - sort of like being on the cover of Sport Illustrated LOL ... coaches will be begging me to move them to 2 or 3 ! ... the kiss of death as it were ... as I pointed out avalanche - any team going into I'town has had/will have trouble coming away with the W ... OT in I'town "ain't" all bad in the eyes of the committee of one - me ... Saturday's game at the Convo vs Waverly will be BIG - we'll see how the Peake deals with tonights' setback ... I'll be in the Cheap Seats for that one ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks jottings on the Gallia Academy score ... for YOUR records the Logan JVs lost tonight to Bloom Carroll JVs 45-54

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... this score REALLY surprised me ...

Belpre 72
Waterford 65 ...

... thought the Eagles would win this one going away ... according to the updates Waterford was leading late in the one...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 70
Athens 44

Dylan Newsome with 32 pts and 10 rb

One of the best games I've ever seen Jackson play. They gave a top 10 performance tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... let's add Coal Grove to our Tuesday Night winners list ...

Coal Grove 51
Boyd County 47 OT

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ... looking forward to seeing the Ironmen next week vs my Purple here at Jim's Gym ... Jackson will have to bring their track shoes as the Chiefs want to get up and down the court, put up 60 shots in their loss tonight ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson will be ready for the Meet......fresh legs with no games for 10 days...and we run way more than I'm used to...and well.

Huntington was beaten by Southeastern 49-47

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford over Clay by 30

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd....Redstreaks looked really good again tonight! Defensively this team is solid with quick guard play and two skywalkers inside! They are very intimidating IF you get past the guards. Brush did get into foul trouble early, but was able to play through it the second half and make some BIG TIME SWATS! I don't know there has been a more athletic front line than Southworth and Brush in SE Ohio for a long time. Between them both they had 10 blocks again tonight. Add that along to Legg's floor game. Most importantly, Zane Trace was held to under 30% shooting until the subs were put in the last 2 minutes of the game. Piketon was up 30pts with around 2min. to go, and ZT hit a couple buckets and cut it to 20 against the JV guys. Maxwell (ZT) was held to 11 pts on the night. We are preaching DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!! So far, we held Hillsboro to 28%FG and tonight was 30%...

I will have to give you updated stats once I get them, but I'll do my best with a few Napkin stats for now....

Evan Legg- 28 pts, 5 assists, 4 steals
Caleb Southworth 13pts, 14 rebs, 4 blocks
Keenan Brush- 7pts, 6 rebs, 6 blocks, 1 charge taken
Helton-8 pts
Vulgamore 5pts, 2 steals
Lewis 4pts, 3 steals

Maxwell (ZT)-11pts.
*one other note, ZT was without Gabe Haynes, who we hear may be out the remainder of the season with a shoulder injury. Gabe is a great kid, athlete; we wish him nothing but the best and a full recovery! Hopefully, he makes it back!

We still have a lot of work to do, but we're heading in the right direction! The effort is definitely there. Redstreak nation can be proud of this group. Tough game, though, Friday night at Huntington (Ross)--league foe who knocked us off last year. Streaks will be ready!

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

Belpre. 78
Waterford 67

Tate led the Eagles with a triple double with 25 points 14 rebounds and 11 assist. Sims chipped in with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Lots of fouls called lots of turnovers for both teams. Just like the Fort Frye game this team is proving to be a 4th quarter ball club. Playing clutch when it counted making the plays they had to make and hit the free throws they had to hit.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Floyd - u have Warren way too high up the list! Looks no different in Vincent than it has any other year - tons of talent, unable to score, and now we refuse to rebound the basketball.

I hope I am wrong, but I see 12 to 14 wins and an early tourney exit. Kind of par for the course I am afraid.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

speaking of not being able to score.42 points for the Trojans on thier home floor,Could be another long season in Portsmouth

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

runhallerun wrote:Floyd - u have Warren way too high up the list! Looks no different in Vincent than it has any other year - tons of talent, unable to score, and now we refuse to rebound the basketball.

I hope I am wrong, but I see 12 to 14 wins and an early tourney exit. Kind of par for the course I am afraid.

It's a little early in the season to be making these kind of statements. If you are a supporter then give these kids some support if not SHUT UP and go on.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

runhallerun wrote:Floyd - u have Warren way too high up the list! Looks no different in Vincent than it has any other year - tons of talent, unable to score, and now we refuse to rebound the basketball.

You being a Warren fan, I was wondering why you think it is that they quite often have trouble scoring? I have seen them many times over the years but obviously not as much as you. I have noticed that every time I see them they are long, athletic, fundamentally sound, play great defense, rebound, and struggle to score. Why do you think that is? Just looking for some insight from an insider.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

datchillicav ... the last time I spoke with Coach Maddox was at the Shriners Preview in Athens a few weeks ago, I told Coach that his teams have a common quality in their MO - the Warren teams "seem" to have stretches during games when the offense disappears ... 3, 4 , 5 minute stretches during crucial times - this has killed them in BIG games over the years ... imo ( and we know what they say about people having opinions lol) but for what it's worth since you asked ... what I have seen over the years is that the Warriors - for whatever reason - tend to go away from their strengths during these "scoreless stretches" ... ie. imo the strength of Warren offensively has always been - physical strength of the entire team, the ability to get to the rim ( due to their physical strength and quickness) ... for some reason during the scoring droughts during games WHS offensively goes away from driving into the paint, getting the rim - settling for the three ball ... when WHS stops getting into the paint/penetrating they stop 1) getting to the rim , 2) by NOT getting into the paint and putting pressure on the defense they DON'T get to the line either ... IF the Warrior's stuck to what they do well - using what gives them an edge over their opponents (physical strength across the board, quickness, the ability to penetrate, the ability to put pressure on the D) they would STILL be able to get the 3 ball with the difference being the shot selection of the three ... it would be where Warrior players would be take the outside shot from where THEY want to take the shot ( ie. penetration putting pressure on the D, the ball then getting kicked back out to where the scorers want to shoot the ball vs the shooters having to CREATE to get their perimeter shot which may or may not be the shot the offense wants or needs to be taking - IF I'm preparing to defend vs the Warriors I'm going to force those perimeter shooters to "move" - not setting up to shoot from where THEY want to shoot the ball) ... during the scoring "stoppages" the 1st option - penetrating/getting to the rim/getting to the line , stops - replaced by settling for a much tougher option - trying to create a shot from the perimeter ... datchillicav - that's what I've seen from the cheap seats over the years ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

From reading others post over the years Its seems Warren has had trouble when the opponents extended thier defences ,isnt that what Chilli did to them over the last couple of years?

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Post by fhs_shl11 »

So who do you guys think should be #1 now? cause i sure wouldnt want to be 1 lol

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

fhs_shl11 wrote:So who do you guys think should be #1 now? cause i sure wouldnt want to be 1 lol

Warren should whats wrong with winning ulgly early,Burg and Peake didn't two moves to one IMO.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”