Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by pfloyd »

... borrowed from OKAY!!!! I stole it from jchitwood's thread lol ... the SHL menu of action :

Tuesday, February 9

*North Adams @ Eastern

*Manchester @ Fayetteville

West Union @ St. Patrick

*Fairfield @ Whiteoak

*Ripley @ Lynchburg

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps are 11-2. We beat Burg at Burg.

we'll crack the elite after this week.

I believe you play Waverly this Friday. Martin is healthy as of now.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

will we crack the elite 8 if we pull down the W in that one?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

we will be receiving another 18 inches of snow in the East, what are you getting down on the river. I want the Trojans to get some mo going.....Beat those pesky Fighting Tigers

HotChickenWings
Waterboy

Post by HotChickenWings »

Pfloyd,

Word has it that Oak Hill has went from 14-1 to 15-0 due to St. Joe (WV) having to forfeit their first four regular season games because of a(n) ineligible player(s). How will that affect your list?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HotChickenWings,
Oak Hill is a good basketball team but if I were Pfloyd, which I'm not, that forfeit wouldn't affect anything. Oak Hill still lost the game on the court.

Waiting to see what Pfloyd thinks.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Tonight's Jackson at Gallipolis has been postponed and rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 13, with the freshman game to start at 1 p.m. Reason for the early start is because the school's annual Valentine dance is slated for the GAHS gym Saturday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

HCW ... I saw the other thread that had St Joe forfeiting their first 4 games, even went to the WSAZ website and read the article that explained the situation ... with the seemingly many "paperwork" issues (apparently in Ohio and WV) due to changes in the way transfers are reported, imo state organizations (ie OHSAA) should look at how/when THEY distributed the information , and how THEY may have been part of the "forfeit" situations ... schools/players/teams being effected "it appears" more than usual - maybe it is just more "visible" now but it seems to be an "issue" to be addressed "better" than it was so everyone was/is on the same page with the "transfer eligibility paperwork" ...

... the particular issue as to how the St Joe situation will effect the Elite 8 AND more importantly how this will effect Oak Hill HS has been brought to the committee of one - me - after careful deliberation (over a ham sandwich and chips) ... the committee feels that a precedent has been established during the season by the committee for such incidents that result in teams forfeiting of games (ie Hillsboro HS having to forfeit 3 games yet in the eyes of the committee won on the court ) ... the forfeited game will be awarded to Oak Hill , their record will go to 13-0 ... as far as moving up or down the Elite 8? due to the fact that Oak Hill did lose "on the court" in the game in question/ strength of schedule did not change it is deemed that their position will remain the same on the elite list at the 4 spot ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotChickenWings
Waterboy

Post by HotChickenWings »

Sounds like a fair evaluation. As you always do, thanks for the great explanation.

BTW Pfloyd, I sent you a PM. :)

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

pfloyd,
i agree that forfeits should not play a role in ranking the teams. you might want to post two records for the teams that have won or lost games because of forfeits. the on floor record first and in parentheses the forfeit record.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Reedsville Eastern is now 14-1
And im not sure about forefits..hmm..Oak Hill is solid though guys

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... where am I missing all of these games??? LOL ... I assume makeups and the like but I haven't seen the results for games posted on seops anywhere ... this is one of the drawbacks to posting team records - it's almost impossible to keep up with the team records and be accurate ... to those that are helping with corrections - thank you ... if you would please note the game results ie team played and a score ... again that is appreciated to help keep the napkin stat sheets as accurate as they can be - sooooo many scratched out marks on the sheets now LOL ... the committee of one - me - needs a vacation LOL ... 3 weeks at the Convo should help ! ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironton was coming to Portsmouth tonight to make up tuesdays game,,,but then it got cancled also..no make up dat yet...

the Trojans will travel "or are supposed to" Galipolis on Friday, then home with Chesapeake on sat,,,,travel to Marietta on Monday "I think"....then,home with Logan friday

WOW.....

may I make a suggestion.....lets just move on to the playoffs from where we stand,and get on to...

BASKETBALL 30

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ONLY 1 game played so far in the Week that IS !!!! ... Thursday's are usually reserved for the ladies - Friday/Saturday will be it this week apparently ... wow - Mother Nature is "ticked off" at someone LOL - probably trojandave !!! LOL ...

... we do have the Sectional seedings coming up on Sunday - THAT will be interesting in itself ... heck the seedings will be more anticipated than this weeks Elite 8 !!!!! lol ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Up here in the Northwest territories, we are going to have some weird boys nights. Logan Elm and Roundtown boys are playing at home on Monday. LE boys also playing Friday and Saturday this week and Tuesday and Friday next week. Busy times for many in the Buckeye state with all the snow.
Last edited by bman on Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I agree bman about the weird boyz nights in this next week - just got the call from the Logan Hocking SD board office - the Logan Schools are CLOSED for the 3rd day in a row as we are out again Thursday ... wow ... the outlying roads, areas must be not passible ... this snow storm is STILL effecting us here in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

pfloyd wrote:... ONLY 1 game played so far in the Week that IS !!!! ... Thursday's are usually reserved for the ladies - Friday/Saturday will be it this week apparently ... wow - Mother Nature is "ticked off" at someone LOL - probably trojandave !!! LOL ...

... we do have the Sectional seedings coming up on Sunday - THAT will be interesting in itself ... heck the seedings will be more anticipated than this weeks Elite 8 !!!!! lol ...

pfloyd, this is the main reason I honestly feel that sectional seedings are done a little prematurely. A team can make the seeding, only to have a meltdown. A decent team could have started out slow. But, this time of the year, the weather can hurt your current record just as bad as a loss. Say that a good team has lost 3-4 games, but is starting to gel and comming up to a good looking strech, in their schedule. This can hurt them due to the fact that instead of getting judged as a potential 13-3 team, they are getting judged as a 9-3 or 10-4 team. By the same token a decent team with a 13-3 record now, could be facing the roughest part of their schedule, over the next 2 weeks, proving them to be a middle of pack team at best. With seeding this early, and with weather not cooperating, there can be too much pressure on schools and coaches to try and hurry up to make up games. This is a potential receipe for disaster.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The seeding was moved a week closer to the end of the regular-season this year. I'm ready to finish the regular-season and get ready for the Road to the Convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... anyone have the schedule for Zane Trace this weekend? would like to see Haynes/Maxwell play more than 2 minutes together (Haynes was hurt in the first game of the season in the first 2 minutes) ...

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

pfloyd wrote:... where am I missing all of these games??? LOL ... I assume makeups and the like but I haven't seen the results for games posted on seops anywhere ... this is one of the drawbacks to posting team records - it's almost impossible to keep up with the team records and be accurate ... to those that are helping with corrections - thank you ... if you would please note the game results ie team played and a score ... again that is appreciated to help keep the napkin stat sheets as accurate as they can be - sooooo many scratched out marks on the sheets now LOL ... the committee of one - me - needs a vacation LOL ... 3 weeks at the Convo should help ! ...

Latest victory for Reedsville Eastern was against Wahama. Won by a score of 55-52 (a little nail biter). Hosting Southern Friday night (whom I believe is 11-3) for a nice matchup. Only walked away with an 8 point victory earlier this season (I believe it was 64-56..not sure 100%). Only loss was to Athens with a score of 45-42 in the Bulldogs favor.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”