Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Dec. 30th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

IMO South Point is either better than I think or very lucky. They should have won some of their games by big margins but win in the last seconds in two games.They really haven played any hard teams yet. I hope they win at Fairland but don't think they will pull it out. If the weather holds out I hope the Pointers can prove me wrong. ;-)

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Focused wrote:pfloyd ~ Great job, as usual..................... always enjoyable to read..

Belpre plays Eastern Brown Sat @ Rio Grand

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... was reading on another thread that Racine Southern has 6 wins on the season ... I wasn't impressed with SHS when I saw them in the Athens Preview BUT 6 "Ws" are 6 "W's" ... in the thread their last win was vs a pretty good River Valley team of Coach Layton ... 6-4 ... so I know about wins over RV and South Gallia ... anyone have the results from the rest of their 07 schedule so far (both wins and losses) ???

... the Tornadoes should be somewhere on my "lists" based on their record anyway ...

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

They have beat Meigs and Wellston

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... so far wins over South Gallia/River Valley/Meigs/Wellston ... RV is the best win in that group ... the others aren't so much quality "W's" BUT they are wins ... the other 2 wins? and who has beaten the Tornadoes? ...

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Southern is a good team pfloyd. They have 3 guys that could score 20 any given night and they all have at least once this year. . Weston Roberts, Kraig Kleski, Brian Harris. . . and Ryan Chapman has been in double figures a few times.

They have also beat Eastern, the game in which I saw them play. Good team. . . and Jeff Caldwell, their new coach is very good.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Southerns wins have been against Wellston,Meigs,Eastern,Grove City,South Gallia and River Valley. There losses have been to Vinton County,Wahama,Waterford and Oak Hill. In there 4 losses they have been beat simply because they shot horrible that night. I know against Waterford they shot 20% :shock: .But they are working hard and I see them being a team to watch. :-D

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

mhs82 wrote:Still a lot of questions about this McClain team. They are the typical McClain defensive team, but are having a lot of trouble scoring. The saying "Can't throw it in the ocean while standing on the beach" comes to mind when talking about the Tigers offensive product during several games this year. They learn to score and they will pull an upset in the tourney; however if they continue the current pace, baseball season starts early.

I don't understand why Greenfield has had trouble scoring. They have some very good athletes on that team. They shot 29% against adena and 34% against fairfield, and their FT % has been horrible. Lucas Polly has shown he can score: he had 22 in the Madison Plains loss, and Zollo has shown he can score inside and out. Hopefully they can improve as the season progresses.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

I wonder if it is just a confidence thing. Dante has been the go to guy for 4 years and now the pressure is on everyone else. Just a guess.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Circleville picked up a 64-49 win over Westfall.

McMahon 24 points and Clanin 19 for the Tigers.
Boring 12 and Cobb eight for the Mustangs.

CV 6-4, @ Teays Valley, Saturday.
WF 3-5, vs. Southeastern, Friday.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman- Is it me, or does Cobb not get the ball nearly enough? The kid is one of the best athletes I've seen this year, yet, probably doesn't average over 10PPG. He can put the ball in the hole and get to the basket really well also.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great athlete doesn't at all mean great shooter.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

dani, I think he could get the ball more but that isn't the real problem. Too many turnovers. I'd be interested to see them push the tempo down a notch or two and work for good shots for Cobb, Gibson, Boring, Keller, Burleson, etc.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman- I definetly understand that, but he doesn't shoot from the outside too often, because he can get to the hoop.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Dani, ultimately the coaches are around the kids a lot more than any of us and know what they can and can't do. I know they have to be disappointed in the record but maybe they can start to turn things around tonight against Southeastern.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Preview for Friday, January 4

It's the 1st weekend of 2008 and we only really have one BIG matchup, but there are a couple more that could be very interesting!

Unioto(2-3, 2-7) @ Huntington(5-0, 9-0)
The Huntsmen are on a mission and are rolling, while the Shermans have won their last 2 in the SVC. This isn't a very good matchup for Unioto, so they will definetly have to play their best just to stay close enough for an upset. Huntington is led by a trio of senior guards, with a decent bench and they don't want to slip up at home. The Lady Huntsmen were upset by a 2 win team at home last night, so I hope it will happen again tonight.
Prediction: No more predictions on Unioto games, but if the Shermans can stay close through 3, it could be an exciting 4th. But, that's a huge if.

Southeastern(0-5, 1-9) @ Westfall(2-2, 3-5)
Both teams have fallen on tough times, Westfall has dropped their last 5 games after a red-hot start. Southeastern has just had an ugly season all around. They are tough to beat at home, but on the road, not so much. Westfall has more athletes and more "basketball players" Southeastern needs to have it's senior backcourt step up if they want to win this matchup.
Prediction: Westfall, 68-51

Paint Valley(1-4, 4-6) @ Zane Trace(1-4, 3-6)
Two teams going in opposite directions, PV is coming off a huge holiday tournament victory in Williamsburg, as things just seem to be getting worse in Kinnkinnick. This is a big game for the tournament draw and could mean big things for each team heading into the 2nd half of the SVC season. ZT dropped one starter this week, while PV is on a 3 game winning streak.
Prediction: ZT, 52-49

Game of the Week
Adena(4-0, 6-2) @ Piketon(4-1, 7-2)
Both teams have hot coming into the game and both feature outstanding scorers and defensive stoppers. The Oven should be burning up tonight, as the Redstreaks look to stay hot in the new year, but the Warriors won't be backing down one bit. Look for Logan Hauserman to make a big impact in this game. The Warriors should pound it down low to loosen up the Piketon D, IMO. Piketon will want to get out an run and Cody Smith does that very well.
This game will be on 94.3, WKKJ out of Chillicothe and 100.1 out of Piketon
Prediction: Piketon, 67-65

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I don't think Adena will let the score be that high, they average about 38 a game. I think piketon will pull it out late in the game.
Piketon 48
Adena 40

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as soon as you have the results for tonight's action Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - post em! include the scores AND yes there is ALWAYS an "and" - throw in some key "napkin stats" as well lol ... thanks ... everyone be safe out there tonight ... best of luck to all the teams Below the Line ... bring your "A" game, give em all something to talk about in the morning ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace 71 (4-6, 2-4)
Paint Valley 44 (3-6, 1-5)
Last edited by Bozo on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Piketon 66
Adena 61

OT

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”