Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East moves to 10-6 on the year with a win tonight

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

Southern is 7-6 with a big game Friday (1-25) at waterford.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Westfall 65 South Gallia 43
Westfall calls off the dogs in the second half. They play Adena tonight.

Boring 17, Gibson 14 and Kritsch 11 for the Mustangs which are 8-6.
Duncan 15 and Fellure 11 for the SG Rebels which are 2-13.

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Wow for the last time Southern is 8-6 overall and yes the game is a big one for them on Friday night against the Wildcats of Waterford :-D !!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak beat 14-1 North Adams on a nuetral court 63-61

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...any word on the Chesapeake vs Wayne or Fairland vs Huntington St Joe tonight from the Huntington St.Joe tourney???

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Peake over Wayne 87 - 42. Kyle Rase opened the game with a 3 point shot and the Panthers were rolling. Rase, Shoemaker, Copley and Webb all in double figures and plenty of playing time for all.

Didn't stay for the Fairland game, but Michael Lamb did not dress for the game. I hope he is OK and can play on Friday night.

jottings
SEOPS H

Gallipolis 54 River Valley 51 (single ot)

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis edged River Valley 54-51 in overtime at URG this evening. GAHS now 4-10 overall and RVHS dropped to 4-11.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Hope you Southern fans arent gettin your hopes up to high for this "BIG" game at Waterford. Waterford is huge and athletic and has been playing unbelievable defensively of late and no one has been able to rebound with them yet. They outrebounded Southern 51-18 in the first meeting, and have been playing better as the year has went on. Held rival fort frye, one of the better teams in the area better than any tvc teams to just 20 points a couple weeks ago and have been rolling ever since. I do know that two of the cats key players have the flu right now so u can hold out a little bit of hope tornado fans. Waterford is 10-2 by the way their two losses being a 60-55 loss vs. North Adams at the convo way earlier in the season in a game in which they led by 10. Their other loss was to Federal Hocking 49-47, in a game in which they blew a 46-40 lead with just 1:23 remaining and the ball. That was a completely miserable permformance by the cats i cant think of one player that played good that game and still had a chance to win. Waterford gets the rematch at Fed Hock next friday with a week to prepare for that game i believe it will be a different story this time. But the cats have maybe their toughest task of the season the following nite at fort frye with the cadets being rested for that one and a little extra fired up after what transpired in the first meeting. Those two games are back to back tough intense road games on snr nites for both fed hock and fort frye, should be tough. Then the last game for the Cats on sr. nite is at home vs. Vinton County, which should be an unbelievable game featuring the bests of the TVC.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

throwitdown wrote:Hope you Southern fans arent gettin your hopes up to high for this "BIG" game at Waterford. Waterford is huge and athletic and has been playing unbelievable defensively of late and no one has been able to rebound with them yet. They outrebounded Southern 51-18 in the first meeting, and have been playing better as the year has went on. Held rival fort frye, one of the better teams in the area better than any tvc teams to just 20 points a couple weeks ago and have been rolling ever since. I do know that two of the cats key players have the flu right now so u can hold out a little bit of hope tornado fans. Waterford is 10-2 by the way their two losses being a 60-55 loss vs. North Adams at the convo way earlier in the season in a game in which they led by 10. Their other loss was to Federal Hocking 49-47, in a game in which they blew a 46-40 lead with just 1:23 remaining and the ball. That was a completely miserable permformance by the cats i cant think of one player that played good that game and still had a chance to win. Waterford gets the rematch at Fed Hock next friday with a week to prepare for that game i believe it will be a different story this time. But the cats have maybe their toughest task of the season the following nite at fort frye with the cadets being rested for that one and a little extra fired up after what transpired in the first meeting. Those two games are back to back tough intense road games on snr nites for both fed hock and fort frye, should be tough. Then the last game for the Cats on sr. nite is at home vs. Vinton County, which should be an unbelievable game featuring the bests of the TVC.

My pocket schedule must be all messed up. Are these the only games Waterford has remaining?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

GW, if you are referring to the VC/Waterford game, it was moved from a Tuesday night to Feb. 9th, a Saturday. And rightfully so, two schools on the outer most edge of the TVC geographical map.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

GW, I was just referring to the three tough games that Waterford has left at Fed Hock and at Fort Frye back to back nights and then closing at home vs Vinton County but waterford's remaining schedule is:

1/25 vs. Southern
1/26 vs. Miller
2/1 at Federal Hocking
2/2 at Fort Frye
2/5 at Eastern
2/8 at Trimble
2/9 vs. Vinton County

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

thanks.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons beat St. Joe to set the rematch up Fri. nite. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger_1992
Waterboy

Post by tiger_1992 »

Greenfield McClain loses 36 to 44.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

McClain held Plains to just 26 points in first three quarters but just fell apart in the 4th. Inexperience showed tonight. Tigers up by 4 with around 4 minutes to go, Tigers were in the bonus, but for some reason they continued to try and attack a zone that had caused them problems throughout the game. Twenty years ago Coach V would have forced Plains to play ball instead of letting Plains dictate the game with their zone. Plains just needs to beat Hillsboro or WCH and they will win the league. Wonder when was last time, if ever, Plains has won the SCOL? Plains Coach gave good interview on WVNU after the game - seems like a classy guy. Good luck to Plains the rest of the year and hope they go far in the tourney and represent the SCOL in the Central District.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

the hillsboro times gazette had an article on when MP last one the league.....I thought it said 1981...but I also thought it said they never ahve?...but it's in there

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Waterford beat southern 61-32

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Logan Elm 51
Fairfield Union 36

Largent 16 and Adam Blake 15 for the Braves.

LE 12-3, 9-1 MSL
FU 8-8

LE hosts Miami Trace Saturday.

Canal Winchester 74
Circleville 55

Circleville led this one for most of the first half but the depth and talent of Canal Winchester made the difference in the second half. If you haven't seen this team for a while, CW is playing much better than they were earlier.

Hartinger 20, Williams 18 for Circleville
Mullens 29 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks for Canal.

Circleville 10-6, 6-4 MSL
Canal Winchester 14-2, 10-0

Circleville hosts Logan Elm Tuesday.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Ironman92 wrote:the hillsboro times gazette had an article on when MP last one the league.....I thought it said 1981...but I also thought it said they never ahve?...but it's in there

An older couple from Plains that sat behind us said that Plains won the league during the "Downtown" Dickie Brown era. I remember him and that they had a few really good years (think they made a run through tourney also) but can't remember if they won the league. I thought Hillsboro won the league in 1981, but could be wrong or maybe they shared. Looks like the win the league this year and with the looks of their reserve team they should battle for a couple of years. Plains has a good team and very good crowd support. The atmosphere in Rick VanMatre gym was like it was a Hillsboro/Greenfield game.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”