Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Senator Tressel
Riding the Bench

Post by Senator Tressel »

pfloyd you mite wanna get a gas sponsor driving the 'hoe' to 12 games in 5 days. lol

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Great time of year pfloyd. The Convo is warming up for the invasion of Southeast hoops mania. I can smell the free hot dogs already.

Logan Elm led 22-8 after a period and won convincing 78-46 over Northwest. Congrove 23 points, eight of 10 shooting, Bryant Blake and Chad Holbrook 10 each. Steve Largent eight points and 10 boards and Adema Blake eight points and seven assists. LE hit nine of its first 12 shots of the game.

Leslie is a nice player for Northwest - 24 points. Nice piece for the Mohawks to build around.

Fourth straight sectional championship and ticket to the Convo for the Braves.

Washington CH ended Circleville's season 57-51. Wilson had 20 and about eight boards and Sloan 11 for the Blue Lions. Harris is a quick little guard. Had four steals in the fourth that was a difference. Circleville couldn't handle Wilson. If this team can cut down the turnovers, I think they'll give Vinton a very good game. CH is now 15-6.

Circleville had 21 turnovers and shot 4 of 10 at the line. Williams 13, McGlone 10 and Hartinger nine for the 11-10 Tigers.

Tomorrow night, the Northwest Territory watch heads down for the hospitality of the Waverly Downtown Gymnasium to watch a Scioto Valley Conference battle between Westfall and Piketon.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... b618 enjoy Tiger town's game tonight ... always great to watch a game in the "House that Hawhee built" ...

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

you kinda had South Point overrated pfloyd, cant getem all right. Did they play with a full team or did they have somebody out.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chilli

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Have you seen an easier trip to the state than Chillicothe has this year? Wow, They won't see even Dover until the Regional finals! This is not a flame on any school in any way, just an observation on how the cards have fallen! Is anyone capable of upsetting the Cav's?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: chilli

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Have you seen an easier trip to the state than Chillicothe has this year? Wow, They won't see even Dover until the Regional finals! This is not a flame on any school in any way, just an observation on how the cards have fallen! Is anyone capable of upsetting the Cav's?

tbreeze....Keep that quiet. We don't want to awaken any sleeping giants. Actually if we don't play better then we did today, we will have a tough time getting out of the Districts. Also, turn about is fair play. Look at our road last year. It was brutal compared to this year, but you still have to play and execute. Kids have to take it one game at a time.

Last year, we played Hillsboro in the Sectional Final and they were a very tough solid team. Then we had to play Vinton County (undefeated), Greenfield (unbeaten), Zanesville (brutal), and then Columbus DeSales. No one had a tougher road last year. We have it a bit easier but records can be deceiving.

GO CAVS!!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

tropicalbreeze wrote: Is anyone capable of upsetting the Cav's?

I think Logan Elm and VC have the talent to pull of the upset. Last years VC squad played with Chilly untill the final period and I believe had a 2 pt lead at the half. LE if on could beat anyone in the SE and are a dangerous team. Same with Vinton Co, if they are clicking on all cylinders will be a tough out for anyone.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Is anyone capable of upsetting the Cav's?

IMO, no.......about the only thing in the way of Chili not getting out of the Convo would be their complete Choke, and the game of the year from any oppenent. Otherwise, no one in this D2 region can hang with them.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Just don't think anyone has anywhere close to the talent Chilliocothe has this year...Hitch, you right about the killer tourney run last year, but I hope it doesn't work against the Cav's this year on down the road.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Yes chilly has more talent than anyone in the area, but that doesn't mean they cant be beat. Look at Greenfield last year with Mr. Jackson, everyone outside of Chilly thought they were unbeatable, but they were beat. Same goes for the Cavs this year, they may have more talent, but talent doent win every year. LE, Greenfield or VC on the right night have the talent to "upset" Chilly. Without a doubt I would say Chilly is the favorite, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them go down. For people to say they have an "easy path" is crazy. VC is ranked 12 in the state for a reason. They are very good. Same for Logan Elm. No team is going to lay down for the Cavs, nor do I expect the Cavs are thinking this will happen. I look forward to the upcomming games. This will be a great run for whoever comes out of the SE.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bluegrassvike,

As Bill Cosby would say, "I like your style Colt Kirby". My hope is all of these teams are up for the Cavs and force us to play our best. We are at our best when the competition rises up. Would I like an easy path? Of course I would, but that does not prepare you for the tough ones down the road.

Marietta gave us fits down on the river in early January. That should humble us for Thursday. Right now, that is the only one the team (and the Cavs faithful) should be looking at. It is easy to peak ahead, but anybody that does that is foolish. Same goes for anybody peaking ahead to try and prepare for the Cavs.

Good weekend for the SEOAL, but unfortunately one of us go down on Thursday night at the Convo.

GO CAVS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the "stage" is different - MOVES to the Convo but the game remains the same - "Survive and Advance" ... as I posted earlier today - the SEOAL sends 5 Sectional Champions to the Convo this week ... looking forward to "Basketball Thirty" :

Thursday 21st ...

Chillicothe vs Marietta ... 6:15 tip off
Warren vs Logan Elm .... 8:00 tip off

Friday 22nd ...

Vinton Co. vs Washington CH ... 6:30 tip off
Greenfield McClain vs GAHS ... 8:30 tip off

Sunday 24th ...

Ironton vs Peebles ... 2:00 PM tip off
North Adams vs Fairland ... 3:45 tip off
Huntington vs the Peake ... 5:30 tip off
Wheelersburg vs Piketon ... 7:15 tip off

Monday 25th ...

Western/Portsmouth ND vs Symmes Valley/Reedsville Eastern ... 6:15PM
Waterford/South Gallia vs Ports. East/Green ... 8:00PM

Tuesday 26th ...

Oak Hill/Miller vs New Boston/Leesburg Fairfield ... 6:15 PM
Manchester/WhiteOak vs Southern/Trimble ... 8:00 PM

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

looks like I will be "trying" to make sundays and mondays

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Get the Oldsmobile moving south on US 33 to the mighty Convocation Center Thursday. What a doubleheader. Get to see Chillicothe and Logan Elm on the same night.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

games on sunday?

anyone about Farfield (leesburg)

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

tropicalbreeze, if your Cavs keep playing down to the level of their opponents like they did last night, then Warren and Logan Elm would be more than happy cash in! Both of those teams are good enough to make someone pay for that.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

pfloyd's 8

Post by tropicalbreeze »

I think Chillicothe has already beaten Warren by about 25 this year. I know anything is possible, (that's why they play the games), but gobraves, have ya seen Chillicothe this year? I "do" know how tough Logan Elm can be. What game do ya feel Chillicothe has played down to their competition and what was that final score?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: pfloyd's 8

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:I think Chillicothe has already beaten Warren by about 25 this year. I know anything is possible, (that's why they play the games), but gobraves, have ya seen Chillicothe this year? I "do" know how tough Logan Elm can be. What game do ya feel Chillicothe has played down to their competition and what was that final score?

OUCH....

tbreeze, you are correct. As a beloved Cavs fan, I have been harder on the Cavs then most. However, even when we struggled and played sloppy or did not have the defensive intensity I like, we still are winning big.

Cavs Season Stats have us at a 27 pt differential in the games. We are scoring at 75 ppg and giving up 48 ppg. That includes games against State Powers Dayton Dunbar, Cincy North College Hill, Zanesville (2 times), Wheelersburg (D3), Newark, and Brookhaven. 7 of our 21 games against teams that very well could end up with District Championships (at the least). Also includes games against four SEOAL foes that ended up winning sectional championships.

I compared last years scores against this years and there is no comparison. This team even when it does not play well wins by 20. The tourney will be tougher, but in the Districts, somebody is going to have to give their best and we have to be subpar to beat us. It can and has happened, but I think the ferocity I have been looking for will come out Thursday night (and continue).

GO CAVS!!!

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

You might want to read my post again, tbreeze. I think I did say who you played down to! Yes, you won that game. Yes, you have won 18 or 19 others against some excellent competition, but my point still stands. You guys think you can just win this district by just showing up? You guys think Chillicothe is just going to be handed a trip Columbus? I don't think so! The Chillicothe Cavaliers are going to have to do this just like everybody else has done it, win one at a time until there is nobody left. If you do that, fine. You'll get your props. If you beat Logan Elm or Warren or Marietta by 20 plus along the way, or even by one along the way, fine. You'll get your props. But with the attitude you have displayed here on this forum, you will get no props from me until that day comes, if it comes. It amazes me that 2 years ago Chillicothe was floundering, and now you seem to think the rest of the SE district is just going to bow to you because now you are so much better! The rest of the SE district is not going to just bow to you. They're out to try and beat you! That's how it works. So, you might just want to make sure that the Blue and White are to play Thursday night against Marietta before you start printing out your Final Four tickets!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I've watched both Logan Elm and Chillicothe several times this season. Is Chillicothe the most talented team in the Southeast District? I would say yes and that includes every division. But do upsets happen? Yes, they do. I know Coach K and the Chillicothe faithful have to be a little worried about how things aren't clicking fully right now, but I believe when the good teams, like Logan Elm or Warren, start lining up the Cavaliers will answer the bell.

Logan Elm can be competitive with Chillicothe. If they are playing their best ball and get a couple of breaks, they have a chance to pull an upset. But Logan Elm has to beat a good Warren basketball team and Chilli has to defeat Marietta.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”