Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by danicalifornia »

Friday Night's SVC action:

Westfall(1-2, 0-2) @ Huntington(3-0,2-0)- Many folks have said that 3 or 4 losses will win this year's SVC, well Westfall will be desperate to keep any hope alive as they travel to the Hills tomorrow night. Westfall's length could give Huntington problems, should be a interesting ball game.

Paint Valley(1-2, 1-1) @ Piketon(1-1, 1-1)- Paint Valley has been a slight surprise so far, with Harrison Hermann averaging nearly 24 a game, but the Redstreaks haven't lost an SVC home game in 3+ years(21+ games)

Adena(0-3, 0-2) @ Southeastern(1-2, 1-1)- if PV has been the positive surprise, Adena has been the negative surprise, starting incredibly slow out of the gate. Adena has some athletes and with them, could make some noise, but the youngish Panthers will be looking for a bounce back before hosting Piketon Saturday.

WKKJ Game of the Night
Zane Trace(2-1, 1-1) @ Unioto(3-0, 2-0)- Mike Smith and Tom Beard will have the call tomorrow night in front of what should be a packed house tomorrow night in Frenchtown. If the Pioneers can get hot early and silence Unioto's hostile crowd, it could be a real interesting night. Probably the 2 most athletic teams in the SVC in this matchup. Beam vs. Detillion will be a big matchups between 2 of the top post men in the SVC

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm bored, so I'll preview Saturday night's SVC games as well. Now, I might be able to see a couple of games, because the SVC is having all of the boys and girls games mixed together, starting at 1PM Saturday. It will go something like: Fr Boys/JV Girls/JV Boys/Var Girls/Var Boys. Gonna be a long day for someone who has a kid play Fr/JV and wants to watch the varsity, I have a feeling it's going to kill crowds.

Huntington @ Adena- Should be a big win for Huntington, but Adena's depth could help them out a lot in the back-to-back setting.

Unioto @ Paint Valley- Quick stat, Unioto has more boys on their varsity roster(15) than Paint Valley has playing...overall in the entire program(14)

Westfall @ Zane Trace- A very athletic game, should be a fun game to watch. If ZT loses Friday, this could be their biggest game of the 1st half, gotta protect your home court, especially in this year's SVC.

Piketon @ Southeastern- Should be the game of the night. Should be a good PG matchup between Dylan Miles and Ike Brabson, Michael Brown vs. Zach Farmer will be another matchup to look for.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few more to add to our list ... should have all of the teams in action on Friday night across Southern/Southeast Ohio ...

Miami Trace 53
London 43

Clinton-Massie 73
Greenfield McClain 70 2OT

Hillsboro 62
Washington CH 49

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Portsmouth/Warren is the game I have circled on the schedule. Pfloyd will you be attending this one?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... What variation of the gauntlet will you be running Saturday? I know you want to watch Warren play - so does that mean your starting their and staying throughout?

I'll be sure to holler at ya ... Your never hard to find anymore ... lol ... I've got locating Floyd down to a science.

1) Check for the shorts first! PFloyd might be the only person in a crowd of hundreds (or even thousands) that will be sporting shorts in the dead of winter. "See legs - see Floyd."
2) When in doubt - search for the purple. (That's a bit harder, expecially if a team like Chesapake is playing at the Convo.)
3) I use to look for the faded pink hat - but I think Mrs. Floyd finally made him retire it for good.
4) When walking around the inner ring inside the Convo - just check for a pair of Chuck Taylors dangling over the rail.
5) Ah yes, the notepad! That is a dead give away and usually the deciding factor in how fast Floyd can be located.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

93Bulldog wrote:FLOYD ... What variation of the gauntlet will you be running Saturday? I know you want to watch Warren play - so does that mean your starting their and staying throughout?

I'll be sure to holler at ya ... Your never hard to find anymore ... lol ... I've got locating Floyd down to a science.

1) Check for the shorts first! PFloyd might be the only person in a crowd of hundreds (or even thousands) that will be sporting shorts in the dead of winter. "See legs - see Floyd."
2) When in doubt - search for the purple. (That's a bit harder, expecially if a team like Chesapake is playing at the Convo.)
3) I use to look for the faded pink hat - but I think Mrs. Floyd finally made him retire it for good.
4) When walking around the inner ring inside the Convo - just check for a pair of Chuck Taylors dangling over the rail.
5) Ah yes, the notepad! That is a dead give away and usually the deciding factor in how fast Floyd can be located.
This is funny!

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

pfloyd........I have a feeling that Fairfield Union`s stay in your Elite 8 will end early this weekend with back to back losses to Bloom Carroll and your purple boys from Logan on Saturday night. It was at least nice to get some recognition that we haven`t had for a while. Coach Brusco seems like he is doing some good things so hopefully we`ll be back in someday.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bloom up 10-4 after one at FU

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Carroll 33-14 at half. Ouch!!! Carroll won't lose a msl game.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Tied at 16 after one in Ironton.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

43-21 carroll

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Tigers up 29-23 at the half.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Canal 33 Logan Elm 25 @ the half

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

59-34 final. Bc over fu.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Final
South Webster 60
Oak Hill 35

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

45-39 after three. Tigers with the lead.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Ironton wins 62-54.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 66
Zane Trace 55

Unioto was down 42-38 after 3 and dominated the 4th. Cole Murray led Unioto with 20 pts, Chase Detillion with 15, and Bryce Arledge with 9 on 3 big 3s. ZT was led by Wes Beam with 16, Ian Carle with 12, and Jesson Hill with 11.

Unioto is now 4-0, 3-0 in the SVC and plays at Paint Valley tomorrow
Zane Trace is now 2-2, 1-2

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

Marietta- 39
Dover- 38
Good win for the Tigers

32, 16, 6
JV Team