Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 60
Canal Winchester 42

buckingred67
Waterboy

Post by buckingred67 »

Pfloyd I have been off of here for a while but I have been hearing some good things about the dragons. Going to have to go see if the talk is for real. I think it mi :evil: ght be the Salyers kid is a beast.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

MSL BUCKEYE SATURDAY DECEMBER 10TH

1. Hamilton Township@Amanda Clearcreek
2. Canal Winchester@Bloom Carroll
3. Fairfield Union@Circleville
4 Teays Valley@Logan Elm

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

2 big svc games this weekend for Piketon @ Huntington Friday and @ Westfall Sat. good early tests for the young Streaks.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

not alot of love for the div 4 schools on floylds lists. Maybe he should consider a big and small school list

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Sheridan 34
Philo 26

New Lexington 49
West Muskingum 41

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... one game on tap for tonight 12/7/11 ...

Circleville
Washington CH

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

G.W.A. wrote:not alot of love for the div 4 schools on floylds lists. Maybe he should consider a big and small school list
D4 is down.....pfloyd mentions every team. He puts a lot of time into this....he's not going the change, nor should he. The very best D4 teams will be around the Elite 8 this year. In the past he has had D4 teams at #1 and often top 5. I'm not sure there are more than 3 very good D4 teams, time will tell. Feel free to do your own list....several will join in and comment.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Reedsville Eastern has cracked Floyds top 8 numerous times over the years ... Manchester has slipped in their on occasion as well and I think I have seen White Oak in the top 8 (it may have been awhile ago - but I seem to remember them up their at one time or another.)

I usually bust Floyds chops if he doesn't look out for the 'little guy' - its kind of a yearly occurence ... :mrgreen:

BTW ... How about the Tornadoes Floyd??? Any chance of Southern sniffin the top 8? Perhaps South Gallia? The Rebels have size, experience and can really shoot the three.

Or here is a real good question: How about WAHAMA?

That's right Floyd ... The White Falcons do in fact possess a 'LEAGUE AFFILIATION PASS' my friend - they definitly qualify and I don't even see em on the 'Tree Hugger' list? What gives? Do you not think there is any 'TREE HUGGIN LIBERALS' down in Mason? Just becasue they are south of us doesn't mean they're in the 'deep south' where every family is republican ... lol

"FREE THE MASONITES," I SAY.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill and South Webster have been #1's at the end of the year.

Manchester is the perceived best and I'd GUESS them around 10th....South Webster and Whiteoak are in the next boat and probably 15th-20th.

Time will tell in D4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as I92 and 93dog have pointed the D4 contingency WILL always get the just dues - now it MAY TAKE TIME for them move thru the ranks to get "into a position" to move into the rare air of the Elite 8 but I feel I give ALL schools no matter the division a fair look ... I DON'T intentionally snub ANY school or team ... the committee of one - me - look at the TEAM, their opponents,opponents record, obviously wins/losses ... BUT I also put a great deal of weight in the "sniff test" - comparing the elite teams based on personally having seen these teams in action at different times of the season ... I have seen a lot of hoops in my years in the cheap seats - I feel I have a pretty good "rubric" of qualities that make teams competitive, what makes a team good defensively/offensively, whether a team has been schooled in the fundamentals ... I feel I KNOW what makes a team a quality TEAM ... besides if I'm wrong there ARE folks on SEOPs who I listen to for their own "opine" as to who I should get out and see "in person" (doesn't mean that the team or teams are jacked up the list on their say so - sorry guys LOL) BUT it does mean that I take note of the team or teams- read the press, read the "napkin stats", AND I try to get out to see the team/teams ... I also feel that "who the head coach is court side" has to go into the equation as to which teams start in what positions - there are TEAMS every single year who WILL get a good look based on their head coach - Coach Persin (Oak Hill), Coach Maddox (Warren), Coach Kellough (Chilli), Coach Stiverson (Logan Elm), Coach Caldwell (Fed Hocking), Coach Skinner (Athens), Coach Brusco (Fairfield Union), Coach Petty (Bloom Carroll), Coach Aronhalt (Zanesville), Coach Davis (Chesapeake), Coach Collins (Portsmouth), Coach Lisath (Piketon), Coach Lefon (Ironton), Coach Combs (Vinton County), Coach Secrest (Marietta), Coach Buecler (Eastern Brown), Coach Barrick (Wheelersburg) ... throw in those coaches who have recently left the bench - Coach Van Matre (McClain), Coach Young(North Adams), Coach Urigh(Huntington), Coach Osborne (Gallia Academy) ... others Coach Ford (Jackson) ... these gentlemen KNOW/KNEW how to teach/coach the game! their TEAMS, their "system" ALWAYS get a look EVERY SEASON ... no matter the personnel they have coming back I KNOW what their TEAMS will look like, what their TEAMS are built around/on (fundamentals, DEFENSE, their players understand their positions/the game of basketball) ...

... IFFFFFFFFFFFF none of those things work ... I turn to my 35 year old Ouija Board ;-)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

To keep my "pain in the butt" status you left out Pat Hines of Whiteoak....he and Howie took turns dominating D4 in the SE District for a good while.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Circleville 51
Washington CH 39

Circleville dominated this from the tip, leading 15-8 after 1. Widened that to 30-16 at the half. WCH went an amazing 0 for their first 14 3s! They knocked down a couple in the 3rd, but Cville still took the lead to 40-25 after 3.
John Hamman knocked down all 4 of his first half shots, 3 of which were from downtown and Nathan Moats completely dominated the interior.

Circleville is much improved, but this is not a normal WCH ballclub. Not real athletic and still looking for a replacement for Kyle Sloan. If Circleville could handle the ball better, this game would have been a much larger deficit.

Circleville with 21 turnovers, WCH with only 11.
Moats led all scorers with 21, Hamman chipped in with 13.

Circleville is now 2-0 while Court House drops to 0-2

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

danicalifornia wrote:Circleville 51
Washington CH 39

Circleville dominated this from the tip, leading 15-8 after 1. Widened that to 30-16 at the half. WCH went an amazing 0 for their first 14 3s! They knocked down a couple in the 3rd, but Cville still took the lead to 40-25 after 3.
John Hamman knocked down all 4 of his first half shots, 3 of which were from downtown and Nathan Moats completely dominated the interior.

Circleville is much improved, but this is not a normal WCH ballclub. Not real athletic and still looking for a replacement for Kyle Sloan. If Circleville could handle the ball better, this game would have been a much larger deficit.

Circleville with 21 turnovers, WCH with only 11.
Moats led all scorers with 21, Hamman chipped in with 13.

Circleville is now 2-0 while Court House drops to 0-2

I thought they would be improved.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... I CREATED A MASTER LIST OF ALL THE LEAGUES IN-AND-AROUND SOUTHEASTERN OHIO (with each team listed) ... That way you can see who owns a pass and who doesn't ... BUT according to the list - MORGAN, which is in the MVL, should be allowed in the top 8 ... lol

Here is the list: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

(scroll down below sectional records)

I plan on leaving that list up throughout all the sports seasons - its always nice to have 'handy' information like that in one place.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Beat me to it on the CHS-WCH game. We'll find out more about the CHS when they take on Fairfield Union on Saturday.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

C'mon Bulldog, you've got the MSL and SCOL, but no SVC?

Bman- WCH is amazingly the first team I've seen so far(out of 12) that looks to have taken a big step back this season. LE and VC seem a little down for what they normally are, but are still going to make noise late in the season as they just seem inexpierenced for now. From just 6 games, it seems like its going to be a fun year for fans across the SE district.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm and Vinton County are two teams I agree that should get better as the season goes along. LE is basically playing two sophomore guards that are learning the varsity ropes, but have a lot of upside.

Circleville looks better. ZT looks better, and Westfall definitely looks better and is a sleeper if they can get good enough play at handling the ball.

The SCOL, from watching three of its teams so far, and knowing Trace lost a lot from last year and got blasted in its first game, looks to be down some from last year. WCH is obviously missing Kyle Slone and the post player they had last year (name eludes me right now). Hillsboro is okay. McClain has some younger kids to watch out for eventually.

I'll be taking in Unioto at Westfall on Friday, so I'll get a look at Coach Hoops' squad for the first time. Then watching Teays-LE on Saturday.
Last edited by bman on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Madison Plains(Unioto's 1st opponent) has been the top SCOL team I've seen so far, the best PG out of the 5 teams I've seen and some nice outside threats. They are a decent interior player away from being a runaway winner in that league. They got into some foul trouble and lost their composure late against Unioto(to be honest, the refs struggled) but if they can keep their cool, I like their chances this season.

Trace is WAY down.

Unioto @ Westfall will be mighty interesting, they match up well size and athletically, but I think Murray will be the difference. Once Stonerock gets his flexibility and fitness back, they are going to be a scarier match-up the 2nd half.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:C'mon Bulldog, you've got the MSL and SCOL, but no SVC?

Bman- WCH is amazingly the first team I've seen so far(out of 12) that looks to have taken a big step back this season. LE and VC seem a little down for what they normally are, but are still going to make noise late in the season as they just seem inexpierenced for now. From just 6 games, it seems like its going to be a fun year for fans across the SE district.
What do you mean? The SVC is right next to the MSL danicalifornia.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”