Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace ... Coach Alley should have a contender for the SVC title this season after their 3rd place finish last season ...the Pioneers return 4 starters in Gabe Haynes (13 ppg/3 rbs/3 apg), post man Rick Chamberlin (7 ppg/8 rbs), forward Joel Tripp (4 asst/gm), forward Kirk Maxwell (17 ppg/6 rbs/4 assists per game) ... keep in the backs of our minds Haynes/Maxwell had 70 steals between the duo and Chamberlin 30 blocked shots - the boyz play defense ... the Blue and Red will have our attention early on in the 2009-10 campaign ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Pre-Season Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio 2009-2010 ...

1. Wheelersburg

2. Warren

3. Chesapeake

4. Logan Elm

5. Zane Trace

6. Piketon

7. Chillicothe

8. Peebles

... Treehugger Wannabees and Teams on the End Table (in no particular order)...

Hillsboro
Oak Hill
Waverly
Reedsville Eastern
Lucasville Valley
Minford
Vinton County
Ironton
Gallia Academy
Logan
Greenfield McClain
South Point
Athens
Alexander
Circleville
North Adams
Southern
Manchester
Eastern/Western Pike
Northwest
Trimble
Symmes Valley
Eastern/Western Pike
Federal Hocking

... additions have been made based on input from fellow posters ...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

-2009-10 Vinton County Boys Basketball Schedule-

Fri Dec 4th-@ Paint Valley
Fri Dec 11th- vs *Athens
Sat Dec 12th- vs John Glenn **@ OU
Tue Dec 15th- vs Trimble
Fri Dec 18th- @ *Belpre
Tue Dec 29th- @ Southeastern
Sat Jan 2nd- vs Zane Trace
Fri Jan 8th- @ *Alexander
Tue Jan 12th- vs *Meigs
Fri Jan 15th- @ *Nelsonville York
Fri Jan 22nd- vs *Wellston
Sat Jan 23rd- @ Logan
Fri Jan 29th- @ *Athens
Tue Feb 2nd- vs *Belpre
Fri Feb 5th- vs *Alexander
Tue Feb 9th- @ *Meigs
Friday Feb 12th- vs *Nelsonville York **Hall of fame night**
Sat Feb 13th- vs Piketon **@ OU-C
Fri Feb 19th- @ *Wellston
Sat Feb 20th- vs Jackson **Seinor Night**

IMO- VC's toughest games will be against- In order of toughest*

1. Piketon- Piketon took it to the Vikings last year in a lopsided victory. I believe they lost 2 or 3 of their better players from last year. Hopfully with their losses and the Vikings returning almost everyone, this year will be a more competitive game. Piketon is the early season favorite in the SVC.

Edge-Piketon...They throttled VC last year and im not sure the Vikings will match up with their size inside.

2. Zane Trace- Last year ZT beat VC by a point or 2 @ ZT. The Vikings had every opportunity to win that game, but couldnt get it done. ZT is returning almost everyone from last year and is picked to contend with Piketon for the SVC.

Edge-VC...I think with this game being in McArthur this year, the Vikings will pull it out in a close one.

3. Logan- Last year VC beat a solid Logan team @ Home by 1 point. Logan is a very strong team and return many of their standouts from last year. VC matched up well against Logan and i think this year will be much like last.

Edge-VC...I think VC gets another W against the Purple for the second year in a row..The Vikings i believe are a better shoting team, and with a strong defensive effort, they should pull it out in Logans beautiful new gym.

4. *Athens- Last year these two teams matched up well scoring a lot of points in the first matchup. The Bulldogs will have a great chance to beat the Vikings at least once this year with all of the talent returning.

Edge- Draw...I would not be surprised if each team wins on their home floor...These two games will be great! I believe the TVC will be between the Vikings and the Bulldogs. Possible co-champs perhaps.

5. Jackson- Last year the Vikings melted the Ironmen in Jackson early on. Jackson did however improve all season long last year. With coach Jordan at the helm again this year, i think Jackson may be the sleeper in the Seoal.

Edge- VC...I feel like the Vikings will pull it out @ home on senior night. The Vikings will look to finish the season on a winning note in front of a packed house. The atmosphere should be great and i look for the 6th man to help the Vikings win it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Good stuff Dundas ! ... keep us informed this season about those VC boyz ... the Chiefs will be more than happy to show the Vikings some "hospitality" even some "home cooking" as well LOL ... best of luck to Coach Combs & Co. - look forward to seeing VC in action on more than one occasion this coming season - have been a big fan of Grillo/Allen since they were Freshmen ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas ... shoot me an e-mail at trivalleyconference@yahoo.com

thx!

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Will there be a trivalleyconference.com for basketball ? girls and boys ? what about the seoal ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Purple Menu 2009-10

Dec 8 Bloom Carroll
Dec 15 Fairfield Union
Dec 18 Jackson
Dec 22 Gallia Academy
Dec 29 Warren Local

Jan 5 Marietta
Jan 8 Ironton
Jan 9 Newark
Jan 12 Athens
Jan 15 Portsmouth
Jan 19 Chillicothe
Jan 22 Jackson
Jan 23 Vinton Co
Jan 29 Gallia Academy
Jan 30 Lancaster

Feb 02 Marietta
Feb 05 Warren
Feb 09 Chillicothe
Feb 12 Ironton
Feb 19 Portsmouth

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

My ELITE 8 in Southeastern Ohio

1. CHESAPEAKE
2. WHEELERSBURG
3. PIKETON
4. OAK HILL
5. WARREN
6. CHILLICOTHE
7. PEEBLES
8. NORTH ADAMS

Just out of the Elite 8
IRONTON (Coach Lafon always has a solid ball club) dont count them out!!

Chesapeakes first 2 games will show how good they are They play Wheelersburg @ home and Ironton on the Road!!

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

1 question Peake? You do not have Waverly, Logan Elm, Hillsboro,or Zane Trace ahead of Peebles and North Adams. Wow very surprising.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

AMAZINGHOCKS .... MOST DEFINITLY! IN THE WORKS NOW TO BE BIGGER, BETTER, MORE INFORMATIVE THAN THE FOOTBALL STUFF!!!!

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd--

Great to see you once again...Look forward to a great season once again.

The boys in the Village of Piketon are ready to get back to work. There is still a BIG hunger in our boys to play for a state championship. Last season was great, but it's over....and we must refocus our efforts. Our offseason scrimmages are all on the road, and there will be no cupcakes on this schedule this season! Look forward to seeing you at the tip off classic at ZT!

GO STREAKS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Kelley! always good to be back - THIS is a great time of the year ... the majority of schools are getting ready for roundball season ... scrimmages are starting this next week... AND the Tip Off Classic in ZT is less than a 4 weeks away ... what's not to like?!!! ... old Pfloyd is putting together his hoops agenda for seeing in person the teams and players across Southern/Southeastern Ohio in the 2009-10 campaign - I'm lovin' it ... looking forward Coach to seeing the Piketon boyz vs Hillsboro in the season opener ... curious to see how Piketon replaces the offensive output that graduated this past year, with that said - you know the importance of the PG in basketball - Piketon has THE pg in Southern Ohio this season in Evan Legg , the kid caught my eye in the first game that PHS played last seaon, knew he was the real deal then - he went on to prove himself, more than warranting the praise he received throughout the year ... my curiosity is peaked to see the improvement of Keenan Brush - my early imo is that PHS goes as Brush goes offensively , he will have to do it offensively - at least be a threat offensively ... all in all what's not to like in a team led by Evan Legg, a couple of 6-5 boys in Southworth and Brush , juniors Vulgamore and Helton along with Lewis to spell Legg at the pg position ... I have your boyz starting the season at #6 ... lots of room to move up the list ...

... Coach Kelley thanks for the shout out, best of luck to you, Coach Lisath and the boyz from Piketon this season, will definitely get out to see PHS more than on one occasion this year ...

Ohioguru03
Waterboy

Post by Ohioguru03 »

I believe Chillicothe is ranked a little low and Warren to be too high.

The Cavs three-headed monster will be better than a lot of people believe. Logan Elm and Chillicothe are the two best in SE in D2.

Keep up the good work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Ohioguru03 - you're probably right in both cases concerning Chilli and Warren ... more so now with the football injuries that Warren will have to absorb - Ellenwood (wrist injury) , Jeremy Fivecoait broken ankle ... imo Warren will still be strong (Ellenwood's wrist is not broken - has started practice) ... so I wouldn't drop the Warriors too far down the list ... Chilli WILL have the opportunity to move up the list , London,Turner and Ragland WILL make sure the Cavs of Coach K stay in the mix all season ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd, unfortunately the tribes at Logan Elm and Logan were eliminated from the gridiron playoffs but it's time to get those round balls out and get basketball season underway. Should be an interesting season for the Elmers. These are the type of teams where I think Stiverson does his best job with. How do the Chiefs look this season?

I'm sure we'll both be down at Zane Trace for the tip-off classic.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman! good to hear from you again for yet another hoops season ... as you posted football is now over here in the Land of the Purple - still a great season by the Chiefs ... the worst part associated with the FB loss is the injury to Patrick Angle ... still waiting to hear the severity - although he did sit out 2 quarters of last night football game with ice on the knee, it isn't a good sign - I'm sure nothing can be decided until the results of an MRI is known, we'll hope for the best that's for sure ... as for the Chiefs on the hardwood ... Coach Myers has added two head varsity coaches from schools in the area McNeal - Athens and Koons - Trimble to his staff this season ... as far as the boyz go - the Chiefs should be able to put their best talent in years on the hardwood - Angle, Mays, Rutter, Dietz, Congrove (transfer pg from C'bus East I believe) ... the inside size from last years jv team will be the biggest help imo for the Chiefs - J. Rutter, Montgomery et al. one of the best spot up perimeter shooters that the Purple has had in years in Clinton Schrader will open up the inside for this years size , strength, and quicks ... now will all of this add up to "W's"? it remains to be seen ... the Purple will start out with 3 straight home games, 5 of the first 6 will hopefully get LHS off to a good start, at least until the football Chiefs can get their hoops legs under them ...

... oh yeh, you know that I will be at ZT both Friday and Saturday that first week in December ... look forward to seeing those LE boyz of Coach Stiverson this season on multiple occasions , you ARE right about Coach Stiverson - he IS a coach, a teacher of the game , the fundamentals that the LE boyz have been given coming through the ranks shows when they reach "the Coach" on the big stage of the varsity ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Very sad to hear about Angle. A top notch QB to say the least. Best of luck to the purple.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

DON'T COUNT THE GROVE OUT!! THEY'VE CAME ALONG WAY!!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

There is a LARGE difference between these teams and the Grove! Not to knock Coal Grove but these teams are known for winning! I hope they can compete with them i just dont see it happening!

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Peake ,
Howd the scrimmage go yesterday with Valley,NA and Zane Trace?

Someone told me the Maxwell kid from ZT was not there. They said he was at OU on a visit for Baseball or something.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”