Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by Kickinurz »

I totally agree with you. Lisath (Piketon), Stiverson (LE), Alley (ZT), Robertson (Waverly),and Kellough (CHS) play tough non-league schedules every year. You may take some losses, but it takes away big game fear factors come tourney time. Kudos to those guys for their guts to give us all great non-leagues games to watch each and every year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pfloyd....right now (having seen ZERO games of SHL teams this season)

Eastern Brown and Peebles are top 8 worthy and the best it appears. Peebles destroyed Southestern @ Richmond Dale, beat a Ripley team (that always seems to play very hard) by 2 @ Ripley, beat Zane Trace without one of their best players (ZT was without). Eastern possibly has accomplished more this season with the 9 point win vs Manchester, 30 point win over Whiteoak, beat Fairland by 9 to give them their only loss and beat the same Ripley team that gave Peebles a scare by 12 points.

Fairfield, Manchester, Whiteoak are the next best it seems (considering only the SE district schools) Fairfield and Whiteoak have both defeated North Adams about the same, Manchester has beaten Ironton but lost to Whiteoak and Eastern....but played Eastern WAY better than Whiteoak. Fiarfield has also beaten Fayetteville and played HIllsboro pretty close.

Lynchburg isn't far behind those teams above. Whiteoak beat them by 6.

West Union and North Adams are struggling....but will win agasint some team that maybe they shouldn't as the year continues. North Adams keeps losing...but their scores are pretty close in every game....don't count them out.

Right now just guessing I'd rank them this way so far:

1. Peebles
2. Eastern Brown

3. Whiteoak
4. Manchester
5. Fairfield
6. Lynchburg
7. North Adams
8. West Union

#1 and #2 can be interchanged right now as can #3-#5 and #6-#8

Peebles @ Whiteoak should be interesting...so far Whiteoak has followed every solid win with a rough defeat.....they are due for a rough defeat...but they have one of their key starters back from a pretty serious knee injury...he's not full-time but he will certainly help them.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd...Streaks battled tonight against the Mifflin Cowpunchers until the end...With both our bigs fouling out with 4 minutes to go in the 4th, the streaks down 10, made a run and regained the lead by 1 with 4 seconds to go... when Mifflin hit the game winner, 85-84.

Piketon had their chances, once again. But great effort against a 4-0 Columbus Mifflin team. Once again, it lets us know where we're at. We have some work to do. However, the effort is there, and as coaches, that's what we want! This group battled after a long road trip and tough night last night at Westfall, so can't fault their performance.

Napkin stats: Piketon vs. Mifflin
Legg 30pts
Southworth 19pts, 11rebs.
Helton 10pts.

Last night, the streaks were able to make the journey to Westfall where the Streaks finished with an 18 pt victory. The Mustangs look to be a tough team, especially come tourney time, with lineup of 6'8, 6'7, 6'5, 6'3, and 6'1, and their bigs shoot the ball well from outside the arc. They rebound extremely well. Nice to get a big road win and get back on track in league play.

Napkin stats:
Legg-32, 3 assts
Southworth- 15 pts, 15 rebs., 3 blocks
Helton-19 pts
Brush- 7pts, 8rebs, 3 blocks

This week, Piketon follows up Friday with Paint Valley visiting the village. Will finish a long, tough 3-game week! Go Redstreaks!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Have the Trojans stepped it up a notch and are they ready to compete against thier tough schedule, or are the Pirates just not as good as expected. Hope the former. Go get em Trojans

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I would say a little bit of both. Portsmouth played a whole lot better than in their first 2 games and they will only get better. They will struggle in the league though this year. And Wheelersburg is not as good as everyone expected. With Shankweiler out for season probably and a couple of players deciding not to play this year. They lost to Chesapeake and Portsmouth in close games and had to overcome a 17 point deficit in the 4th quarter to beat Northwest. Burg is a good team just not as good as expected. Waverly will win the SOC this year.

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

I was disgusted with the way the Burg played on Tuesday.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Was at the Piketon vs. Mifflin game, and I have to commend the Restreaks on a GREAT effort.......Evan Legg was OUTSTANDING for Piketon.......as I recall, he never came out of the game.......in a very uptempo pace.......the kid is in GREAT shape.

But it is no shame to lose to 4-0 Mifflin.......the Punchers were EASILY the most athletic and quickest team I have seen this year.......and PHS took them to the wire......if they had made a few more free throws, it would have been a Piketon win.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

trojandave wrote:Was at the Piketon vs. Mifflin game, and I have to commend the Restreaks on a GREAT effort.......Evan Legg was OUTSTANDING for Piketon.......as I recall, he never came out of the game.......in a very uptempo pace.......the kid is in GREAT shape.

But it is no shame to lose to 4-0 Mifflin.......the Punchers were EASILY the most athletic and quickest team I have seen this year.......and PHS took them to the wire......if they had made a few more free throws, it would have been a Piketon win.

I dare not say how blasphemous that sounds for Trojandave to refer to Piketon as PHS, however correct it may be. And yes Piketon in the scheme of things is more relevant than Portsmouth right now at the present moment but could you just call em the streaks or something Dave. I mean seriously. If the Piketon faithful come on here and say PHS fine. But when a Trojan alumn says PHS the first thing that comes through my mind is the mighty men of Troy. I digress... We are!! Trojans!!...moving up, hopefully this week on the list.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd the Dragons will have a test against South Point Fri. Bloomfield's hand is getting better. He shot the ball and handled the ball better than he did last Saturday. Coal Grove's coach tried for 15 min to get the refs not to let him play. :lol:

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

The game I'm looking forward to is the Waverly vs Piketon rematch in the Pike County Holiday Classic. In my opinion, Legg is one heck of an athlete. But if they play Waverly, he's gonna have some fits with Malone all over him. He shut down Chesapeak's best scorer who has been averaging 20+ points in ever Varsity basketball game he has played. They also have Johnston to guard him if Malone would happen to come out. Waverly probably has two of the best man-to-man defenders in the area. Should be a heck of a ball game though.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Trivium5 - saw the game at the Convo where Copley was "shut down" so to speak - problem is Copley was being double teamed as the Tigers DIDN'T guard the CHS point guard ...they dropped off the pg/dared him to shoot the ball while clamping down on Copley - just wanted to point out that although as you posted Malone does a nice job defensively - he had a whole lot of help in stopping Mr. Copley ... IF the Waverly vs Piketon game materializes IT will be a classic - would be a game that old pfloyd would have to hit the road to see in person from the Cheap Seats ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ....

SORRY OLD PAL THAT MY WEB SITE HAS NOT BEEN FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND USEFUL TO YOU JUST YET ...

GODADDY.COM & ITS 'GENIUS-TECH-CRUE' ARE IN THE MIDST OF COMPLETELY RE-DESIGNING THE SITE SO I CAN HAVE FULL ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER IT 24/7 ... I DID POST A TVC-STANDINGS FOR YOU AND WILL KEEP IT UP TO DATE IN THE MEANTIME ...

trivalleyconference.com WILL HAVE ALL THE TVC SCORES LISTED ON THE FRONT PAGE THOUGH, WHILE THEIR WORKING ON IT, IF YOU NEED TO LOOK UP ANY RESULTS THAT YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE.

I MAY BE BACK - OR BEGIN ANOTHER THREAD - THAT DESCRIBES/UPDATE/ANALYZES THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE TVC SEASON (OHIO & HOCKING) ... IVE SEEN 'EM ALL PLAY IN PERSON - THEN I GET TO WATCH (Trimble, NY and Athens) every night via Channel 15) ... So I've got a good handle on who's-who and what's-what ... thru 5 games that is.

SINCE 'COUGH, COUGH' THE ELITE 8 WAS ORIGINALY 'OL 93DOGS IDEA - I THINK I SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE THE INFORMATION, WHICH I WILL BE DELIVERING TO YOU, BE TAKEN AS "TOP-NOTCH-TOP-SECRET-&-100% TRUE! .... :mrgreen:

DON'T WORRY THOUGH FLOYD ... MY TOP 8 MAY BACK DURING THE HUDDLE DAYS MAY HAVE BEEN A BIT MORE COLORFUL - AND PRESENTED LIKE IT WAS CREATED BY A GRAPHIC DESIGNER - BUT IT WAS NEVER TRULY LEGENDARY UNTIL THE FLOYD MASTER HIMSELF ADDED HIS 'LIBERAL' SIDE TO THE EQUASION!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oh dear.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Trivium5 wrote:The game I'm looking forward to is the Waverly vs Piketon rematch in the Pike County Holiday Classic. In my opinion, Legg is one heck of an athlete. But if they play Waverly, he's gonna have some fits with Malone all over him. He shut down Chesapeak's best scorer who has been averaging 20+ points in ever Varsity basketball game he has played. They also have Johnston to guard him if Malone would happen to come out. Waverly probably has two of the best man-to-man defenders in the area. Should be a heck of a ball game though.

if the rematch happens...it will not be as good, because Piketon will be without Southworth (Football All-Star Game) and Brush (Family vacation). That will make the Streaks very small and losing Southworth who is averaging a "Double-Double" and Brush the ultimate shot blocker and intimidator will be huge for Piketon. However with that being said, Lisath's worst two Piketon teams pulled off upsets against the favorites in the Classic, the most memorable was vs. Western with McCloud and White.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Jimmy...where do you get such information? I'm not sure your statement is correct at this time. There is a lot of speculation and rumors floating around. I don't believe it is accurate.

Keep in mind too, Jordan Miller is suppose to be released, and should be back playing by then. He has been to practices and games, and is well ahead of schedule. This will add to the depth and athleticism of our team. Will be nice to have him back to add to our interior game. I'm not sure many fans have thought about that!

The Streaks must be ready for the Eastern Eagles first in the Holiday tournament, then we'll see what happens.

tonight is Paint Valley! Go REDSTREAKS!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...I'll try to keep the SEOAL varsity, reserve and freshman standings with points scored and opponents points this year if we can get all the league posters to report their scores.Thanks.

Dictionary08
Waterboy

Post by Dictionary08 »

i'm not sold on piketon being "deep". They played 8 people vs Mifflin in fast paced game, and one of those kids played a full JV game before. I just dont see it...

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Coach Kelley, it came from a parent at the Mifflin game.

Dictionary08, They have one kid coming off an injury and one kid in the doghouse, the kid you are referring to played two quarters JV...I believe they will be 10 deep by the second round of the season.

Dictionary08
Waterboy

Post by Dictionary08 »

i'm not bashing them at all. My opinion i just don't see them as deep. I hope they will play 10 deep secound time around

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Get us off your end table pfloyd because the Trojans pulled off the Win beating undefeated Warren 75-69

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”