Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

pdracing23 beat me to it. We will find out how good Logan Elm really is because from Dec. 29- Jan. 30, they meet Zane Trace, Hamilton Township, Westfall, Teays Valley, Fairfield Union, Detroit Prep, Canal Winchester, Westerville South, and Bloom Carrol. There are only 2 home games in that stretch; one against Hamilton and another agains BC. Wellston will be like a home game because Detroit is about 5 hours from Wellston and Logan Elm is just a little closer.

If they come out of this with only one or two losses, I think they will be raising a few trophies in tournament play. They make it undefeated, then wow.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I thought the Logan Elm-ZT game would be at LE?
I am sure that they played at ZT last year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... games in the Week that IS ...

Ironton
Africentric

Ironton
Warren

Vinton Co
Athens

Marietta
Chillicothe

Portsmouth
Jackson

Logan Elm
Circleville

Gallia
Logan

Reedsville Eastern
Meigs

Alexander
Oak Hill

Wellston
Miller .... not playing

Trimble
Crookesville

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Should be a good week floyd!!! Maybe..just maybe...the teams that are 'suppose' to win...will win! Mite make your job a lil easier!

...but i doubt it'l happen!

Obviously the winner of the VC/Athens game will position themselves as the front runner of the TVC-Ohio. So BIG game for the Vikes and Dogs for sure! Alexander setting at 5-2 will have a great chance to move up in the standings if they can take down the State Champs! Gonna be a tough one for Alex, although it will be in the Alley! So maybe they can pick up a huge non-league'r and get back on track.

Should be a dandy week for sure!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Dundas - at this point after 3 weeks of a "yahtzee" type start to the season - shake'em up & roll 'em out - I'm not sure just who is SUPPOSED to win any more LOL ... for an abbreviated holiday week there are some very important games being played ... as you mentioned the Athens @ VC , throw in Warren @ Ironton tomorrow night, Portsmouth vs Jackson , Alexander is in a must win situation vs Oak Hill if they are going to be considered an upper tier team in the TVC , might as well throw in Chilli visiting always tough Sutton Gymnasium vs the Marietta Tigers of Coach Secrest ...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

^^^pfloyd, good point, but then just as you think youve figured out the big boys from the rest of the players, a team with 3 -4 losses early on, starts to gel. Look at Alexander. IMO, they didnt replace all the talent they lost from last year- at first glance. But then you take a closer look and wonder if this team just aint firing on all cylinders yet. I honestly believe they are better than they have been playing.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Thanks for correcting my mistake about Zane Trace finish last season...my apologies, it was the districts when they bowed out to North Adams....

...my point about the schedule was there are no "unearned" victories...We get everyone's "A" game (like Logan Elm) because of our success last season ...and everything we do will have to be "earned"...As a champion, you have TO WEAR THE BULLSEYE ON YOUR BACK!

To Logan Elm's credit, they likewise have a very difficult schedule, and I feel they are deserving of the #1 ranking by Floyd. There are other teams with difficult schedules; I'm not disputing that. They have a really nice club and are very well coached!

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Coach Kelley wrote:Piketon's league schedules commits them to 14 league games, leaving 6 non-league games they are able to schedule; with that in mind, they play in the Waverly Classic (pike county) each year (2 games), leaving 4 non-league games...

We opened with Hillsboro is D-2 school returning 5 starters from last years district finals team, played Zane Trace (2009-regional semifinalist) (maxwell-maybe best player in SE ohio) 2nd game of season, then at Huntington Ross (4-2)--Coach Uhrig-never easy to win there. We won on the road at Westfall (2009 district finalist--who was #1 and undefeated in conference play at the time). The next night was in track-meet with Mifflin who we lost to at the buzzer...Maybe Piketon has to do more to "earn" the 2nd spot but these are not teams that lost everything from a year ago...these are legit teams we're playing early. And no matter what, with the schedule we have, we'll find out if we belong...

2010 schedule: (6 non-league games and current records)
Hillsboro(3-2) @Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic .. W
Columbus Mifflin (5-0)..L
Eastern Pike(3-0) @Waverly-Holiday Classic
Waverly (3-1)/Western Pike (?) @Waverly-Holiday Classic...(possibly vs. Waverly)
Vinton County (4-0) @ OU-Chillicothe
Zanesville (?)@ Zanesville

Tell me, who has that kind of schedule in Southeastern Ohio? All but one non-league schedule is on the road or at a neutral site, and that game is against Columbus City League team.

Coach
Zanesville is 4-1

fhs_shl11
Freshman Team

Post by fhs_shl11 »

Not trying to start sometihng here but i still dont see where North Adams deserves on this list just because of Young...I mean you are leaving many good teams out by puttin them on there. But again its not my list so besides that good job

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I love this thread,so much information it really keeps me involved in seOhio hoops from 6 hours away. Thx so much to the posters for the info, and everyone enjoy the holidays

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

PF, Thank you for taking your time to come up with your list and rankings. Being away from SE Ohio for a number of years it is a great way to keep with the feelings of all the fans that post here..This poll does what it has been designed to do----get people involved!! Great job from a Trojan of a long time ago..
Wipala Walt

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Coach Kelley wrote:Piketon's league schedules commits them to 14 league games, leaving 6 non-league games they are able to schedule; with that in mind, they play in the Waverly Classic (pike county) each year (2 games), leaving 4 non-league games...

We opened with Hillsboro is D-2 school returning 5 starters from last years district finals team, played Zane Trace (2009-regional semifinalist) (maxwell-maybe best player in SE ohio) 2nd game of season, then at Huntington Ross (4-2)--Coach Uhrig-never easy to win there. We won on the road at Westfall (2009 district finalist--who was #1 and undefeated in conference play at the time). The next night was in track-meet with Mifflin who we lost to at the buzzer...Maybe Piketon has to do more to "earn" the 2nd spot but these are not teams that lost everything from a year ago...these are legit teams we're playing early. And no matter what, with the schedule we have, we'll find out if we belong...

2010 schedule: (6 non-league games and current records)
Hillsboro(3-2) @Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic .. W
Columbus Mifflin (5-0)..L
Eastern Pike(3-0) @Waverly-Holiday Classic
Waverly (3-1)/Western Pike (?) @Waverly-Holiday Classic...(possibly vs. Waverly)
Vinton County (4-0) @ OU-Chillicothe
Zanesville (?)@ Zanesville

Tell me, who has that kind of schedule in Southeastern Ohio? All but one non-league schedule is on the road or at a neutral site, and that game is against Columbus City League team.

Coach Kelley you might want to look at Waverly' schedule before making claims.
Logan Elm last year's state runnerup
Oak Hill last year's state champ (2)
Wheelersburg (2)
Chillicothe
Chesapeake
and your mighty redstreaks

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Wellston and Miller do not play until Feb 13th,, The schedule was changed after the pocket schedules came out.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Highspeed - I corrected it on the above post ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Trojans just beat Jackson in Double overtime. I think the final was 74 to 69.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon 81
Adena 29

Westfall 53
Southeastern 50

WF's Codey Musselman hits a 3 at the buzzer for the win.

Unioto 40
Huntington 35

Zane Trace over Paint Valley
Last edited by danicalifornia on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Trojans just beat Jackson in Double overtime. I think the final was 74 to 69.

Trojans take down another unbeaten,and another team above them :mrgreen:

Jackson has 2 kids that can flat out shoot the ball,,,number 20 for Jackson,and our very own,Forrest Johnson put on a shooting clinic tonight,both scoring over 30

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis vs. Logan
Freshmen
Logan 58 Gallipolis 41

Reserves
Gallipolis 46 Logan 38

Varsity
Logan 38
Gallipolis 34

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Forrest was just silly good at finishing every time he left his feet.

Newsome for Jackson just plays with more heart than any kid I can remember.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironman92 wrote:Forrest was just silly good at finishing every time he left his feet.

Newsome for Jackson just plays with more heart than any kid I can remember.

Im guessing Newsome,is number 20?

that kid is a player,and plays hard all the time.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”