Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Editio

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I was shocked by the Warren loss, The Warriors handed the Trojans one of our two losses, 6 days after the Fighting Tigers gave us our first.Would have liked to have seen a Ironton-Warren contest, I think it could have been a dandy

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Thank you Pfloyd.....I have really enjoyed reading your post all year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Hoggy ! you are more than welcome my friend ... I have enjoyed every minute of each and every game this season - the game re-caps? Elite 8? it's all an opportunity to share information about boyz hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the Best Game around in any season ... thank you Hoggy for being one who follows the Purple Hippo !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just an observation BUT IF you look at the Elite 8 /Treehugger Wannabe lists you will see that 8 of the top 10 teams as they were ranked finishing out the regular season are STILL playing as we head into semi-final/finals action in District play at the Convo this week ... go a just a little deeper down the Treehugger list to the top 15 teams ... the Ouija Board has 11 of the top 15 teams in Southern/SouthEastern Ohio still playing in the 3 Weeks of the Convo ...

1. Chesapeake (19-1)

2. Portsmouth (18-2)

3. Warren (18-2) ... lost to Fairland

4. Ironton (15-5)

5. Eastern Brown (16-4) / Lucasville Valley (16-4)

6. Logan Elm (15-5) ... lost Athens

7. Southern (17-3)

8. Fairland (15-5)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(13-7) Chillicothe
(15-5) Hillsboro
(15-5) Waverly
(15-5) Peebles

(15-5) Belpre
(18-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I just had the opportunity to look at some of the Warren vs. Fairland. game pictures. All I have for you is this. A huge amount of. "Hand checking". going on. Usually on the East West direction across the body, going to the ball hand. I would really like to see the game film and provide the stills I have for future consideration of District Officials. I can see dani with head in hands again.

Dino: If my memory serves me correctly. The last time Warren played Ironton was when our Seniors were sophs. I believe they lost on a buzzer beater at Warren. The time befoe that they lost to Warren in the old school that was on a demolition list while the classic was going on at the high school. I really dont know how a Warren Ironton game would work today, but I dont suppose Ironton would be handed a win just for walkin thru the door. You are welcome to have your opinion. I have mine, and Im stickin to it.

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Looking at three teams in the top 11 being eliminated, two of them by the same Fairland team.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

It doesnt matter who wins , there will be three teams eliminated.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

32, 16, 6 wrote:I just had the opportunity to look at some of the Warren vs. Fairland. game pictures. All I have for you is this. A huge amount of. "Hand checking". going on. Usually on the East West direction across the body, going to the ball hand. I would really like to see the game film and provide the stills I have for future consideration of District Officials. I can see dani with head in hands again.

Dino: If my memory serves me correctly. The last time Warren played Ironton was when our Seniors were sophs. I believe they lost on a buzzer beater at Warren. The time befoe that they lost to Warren in the old school that was on a demolition list while the classic was going on at the high school. I really dont know how a Warren Ironton game would work today, but I dont suppose Ironton would be handed a win just for walkin thru the door. You are welcome to have your opinion. I have mine, and Im stickin to it.

So this Warren team is rated so highly because they played a totally different Ironton team close two years ago? I agree that we all have an opinion, but that's pretty weak. I understand the SEOAL bias, we all have biases.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Dino : try and grasp this. Warren was ranked high because of consistancy, respect, and their league is well respected. If you dont get it by now you never will.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

I never will

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Haha

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

He definitely doesnt want to look at my Southeast District Top 25. I still have them ranked ahead of Fairland and Chillicothe.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

thats probably why I say good things about you!! :122245

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”