Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
white thunder
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by white thunder »

Have you seen the East Clinton locker room? How could you tell? On the serious side, who else do they have in those two games besides Wilmington? And FYI, the Cumberlands are cousins not brothers.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

LOL that's actually a good one WhiteThunder :)

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

White Thunder wrote:Have you seen the East Clinton locker room? How could you tell? On the serious side, who else do they have in those two games besides Wilmington? And FYI, the Cumberlands are cousins not brothers.
Logan Elm - Saturday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… heading to Logan Elm tonight to see LE vs Circleville … then driving down Rt 180 tomorrow night to see Peebles take on the Pioneers of Zane Trace … should be some good hoops !!! … looking forward seeing some of the BIG game scores from tonight's action … best of luck to all teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line this weekend !!!

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

Is this harvest prep from Columbus or Kentucky?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

baitbuster wrote:Is this harvest prep from Columbus or Kentucky?
Canal Winchester

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final scores
Varsity
Logan 56 Gallipolis 50
JV
Logan 44 Gallipolis 33
Freshmen
Logan 54 Gallipolis 50
All final scores

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Final
Wilmington 99
Miami Trace 40

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mray23 … knew this wasn't going to be a game tonight - I had been watching the Wilmington scores all season from the SCOL … when Wilmington beat up Moeller 70 something to 27 or so, did the same to Columbus Desales … Miami Trace wasn't in for a very good evening of hoops … college players vs high school players …

Miami Trace goes to Logan Elm tomorrow evening … first team to 40 might get the "W" in that one …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… the pfloyd tour traveled to Logan Elm to see a big matchup with the Roundtown squad of Coach Goodyear - I wasn't disappointed 2 great coaches in Coaches Stiverson & Goodyear … 2 teams that are at different points in their development this season - a Circleville team who has senior leadership/scoring/varsity experience established … looking to fine tune the "pieces" of TEAM … while Logan Elm is looking for every player to develop their "roles" especially at the offensive end where more than 85% of last years scoring output needs replaced … "on the job training" is a hard pill to swallow BUT!!! I see development!!! positive signs on the offensive end for the Braves !!! FT shooting on paper was better (8/16) BUT Ridge Young was 7/8 from the line and the rest of LE was 1 for 8 … again FT's cost Logan Elm a "W" tonight as LE dropped this one 33-34 on a last second shot with no time left on the clock - when every possession is crucial/ and every little miscue (poor FT shooting) has a consequence 1 for 8 is tough to take … I did see roles being "taken on" offensively - before long LE WILL HAVE 4 consistent scorers in Ridge Young, Preston Schultz, Dylan Smith, and Evan McDonald … I can see Marcus Paul being a 'get into the paint" type of offensive player … offensively LE is struggling to get to 40 points per outing - BUT look for positive changes on the scoreboard for the Braves heading into the 2015 … LE struggling to get to 40 BUT !!! (on the positive side) LE is THE best defensive team I have seen play this season … outstanding !!! even without size in the paint … to offset the lack of offense LE has turned up the defensive pressure - half court , in your face, in your jersey defense - I was smiling the entire night watching the LE defense work … LE held Circleville scoreless in the 4th quarter tonight through 7 minutes and 59 seconds … before a Justin Hill penetration dish to Michael Camp gave Roundtown their lone points in the 4th … Circleville 34 Logan 33 a final …

… as I mentioned when a team is struggling on the offensive end as LE is right now - every possession is like gold - valuable - any shot on goal that goes down IS BIG !!! …as a TEAM you have to do everything right to get points … it is catastrophic when you put points on the board and the officials take them off the board with questionable calls … I hate to see games won/lost on "whistles" or lack of whistles … a BIG turning point in tonights game came in the 3rd , Logan Elm's Ridge Young took the ball down the left side of the lane, faded away from the rim on his drive , made the shot was fouled …but wait - the call went the other way - on Young, points off the board … Hill brings the ball down court for CHS, changes direction by carrying the ball ( he was called on this move 2 times prior) - not called , got to the rim for 2 points … I jotted down this sequence of plays - in a 10 second span … both ended up critical calls against LE … for LE "at this moment" in developing as a TEAM ALL of the "stars" have to be in alignment for them to beat a quality team like Circleville … poor FT shooting, 2 calls within 10 secs of each other … game to Circlevile 34-33 final …

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Circleville

Scoring … Justin Hill 13, Michael Camp 7, Will Giffin 7, Aaron Manson 4, Ryan Moats 3
3 Pointers … 3/13 … Hill 2, Camp 1
FT's … 3/5
TOs … 19

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan Elm

Scoring … Ridge Young 14, Dylan Smith 8, Marcus Paul 5, Preston Schultz 3, Evan McDonald 3
3 Pointers … 3/13 … Young 2,Smith 1
FT's … 8/16
TOs … 16

Miami Trace comes to the Reservation tomorrow night vs the Braves ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

It was nice to see the basketball guru of Southeastern Ohio, pfloyd, grace the confines of the Reservation for the big rivalry game between Circleville and Logan Elm before a packed gymnasium. Definitely a great game to watch.

Logan Elm is getting better. This is probably a game Circleville loses in past years, but it also played good defense and made the extra play needed to win.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Three weeks into the season - and PFLOYD has yet to see his #2 team even play???

I guess I'm gonna head up to the high school today and remove the purple hippo from the middle of the floor. And BTW, anyone want his reserved seat at one of the tables? It's center court, second row! Just message me.

LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 63, Vinton County 48

Athens 18 8 13 24 — 63
Vinton County 11 8 20 9 — 48

ATHENS 63 (3-0, 3-0 TVC-Ohio)
Griffin Lutz 2 7-8 11, Sam Vander Ven 3 0-0 6, Joe Burrow 8 4-5 22, Ryan Luehrman 4 3-4 11, Adam Luehrman 4 1-2 10, Nick McDaniel 1 1-2 3, Ben Scott 0 0-0 0, Noah Skinner 0 0-0 0, Bay Rogers 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 22 16-21 63; 3-point field goals: 3 (Burrow 2, Adam Luehrman 1)

VINTON COUNTY 48 (3-2, 2-1 TVC-Ohio)
Derek Jones 5 1-2 16, Jordan Albright 6 0-0 13, Tristan Bartoe 4 1-3 9, Max Ward 1 1-2 3, Chase Wood 2 1-2 5, Bo McEntire 0 0-0 0, Bradley Stevens 0 0-0 0, Andy Long 1 0-1 2, Austin Lambert 0 0-0 0, Tyler McFerren 0 0-0 0; TOTALS 19 4-10 48; 3-point field goals: 6 (Jones 5, Albright 1)

TEAM STATISTICS/INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Field goals — Athens 22-41 (.537), 3-point field goals 3-10 (.300), Vinton County 19-57 (.333), 3-point field goals 6-20 (.300); Free throws — Athens 16-21 (.762), Vinton County 4-10 (.400); Rebounds — Athens 29 (Ryan Luehrman 8 ), Vinton County 34 (Wood 9); Assists — Athens 11 (Burrow, Lutz 3 apiece), Vinton County 8 (Bartoe 4); Blocks — Athens 5 (Adam Luehrman 3), Vinton County 1 (Max Ward 1); Turnovers — Athens 9, Vinton County 13; Steals — Athens 2 (Ryan Luehrman 2), Vinton County 3 (Bartoe 3); Team fouls — Athens 18, Vinton County 19; JV game — Vinton County 40, Athens 30

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens Messanger
From staff reports

HEMLOCK — The Trimble Tomcats enjoyed another high-scoring night inside the Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division. Trimble won on the road, beating Miller 79-52. The Tomcats are now 2-0, both overall and in the TVC-Hocking. They’re averaging 75.5 points through the first two games. Micah Couch had a big night, scoring 25 points for the Tomcats. He scored 11 points in the first quarter, then added nine more in the third quarter. Bryce Guthrie chipped in 19 points for Trimble. Austin Downs added 14 points. Grant Clark scored nine points. Randy Hixson and Justice Jenkins each tallied four points. Elijah Rader led Miller with 17 points, as he eclipsed the 1,000 point mark in his career.
Miller (2-3, 0-3 TVC-Hocking) will host Crooksville on December 27th.
The Tomcats are at Crooksville on tonight.

93Dog's view from the cheap seats

6'1 SG Justice Jenkins goes off for 23 in the season opener
6'5 Micah Couch had 18 and 10 boards in game 1 ... 25 points in game 2.
6'4 Bryce Guthrie pours in 19 last night.
6'0 PG Austin Downs shows he can score after scoring 14 versus the Falcons.
6'7 Grant Clark is averaging 10.0 pts per game thus far.

So far the Tomcats are the most 'complete' team I have watched play. Huge talented front court, electrifying SG in Jenkins, a PG who just happens to be the DVII offensive player of the year in the state of Ohio in football (great athlete), a 6'4 swingman (Guthrie) who most teams would love to have as a center, they have athletes on the bench and go 8 deep at least ... but most importantly, they have Howie Caldwell ... Coaching, size, quickness, depth, suffocating defense - like I said - the most 'complete' I have seen.

I don't know if they are the best, Athens of course would have something to say about that. But most complete team? I give that nod to the Tomcats.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth (5-0) won at Jackson 83-57, with Kyre Allison (20), Sky Oliver (24), and Kendall Reynolds (16) combining for 60 points. 5 Trojans.......Allison, Oliver, Reynolds, Ethan Leonard, and Luke Purdy all hit multiple 3 pointers as PHS continues to score well from behind the arc. This is turning out to be one of Portsmouth's best shooting teams in years. The Trojans were without the services of starter Alex Dickerson, who was under the weather. The Ironmen of Coach Phil Howard battled the whole game, and the Trojans really didn't have a comfortable lead until late in the 3rd quarter, outscoring JHS 20-8 in that 8 minutes. Jackson won the reserve game 50-41, with the PHS JV dropping to 4-2, while the Trojan freshmen upped their record to 4-0 under Coach Matt Payton with a 36-31 win.
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

[quote="pfloyd"]mray23 … knew this wasn't going to be a game tonight - I had been watching the Wilmington scores all season from the SCOL … when Wilmington beat up Moeller 70 something to 27 or so, did the same to Columbus Desales … Miami Trace wasn't in for a very good evening of hoops … college players vs high school players …

Miami Trace goes to Logan Elm tomorrow evening … first team to 40 might get the "W" in that one …

PFLOYD, I knew it was going to be a tough night for my Panthers, too. I know it wouldn't have mattered but with Tyrae Pettiford having to miss the game because of getting two technicals and ejected from the East Clinton game on Tues (he could've possibly helped with some rebounding and breaking the press) and with Cedric Pettiford getting 2 fouls in the first 4 mins of the 1st qtr and having to sit for the rest of the half, it was a recipe for a disaster. You should try to plan a trip to watch Wilmington when they play at Chillicothe, I think it's on Feb. 13th.

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth (5-0) won at Jackson 83-57, with Kyre Allison (20), Sky Oliver (24), and Kendall Reynolds (16) combining for 60 points. 5 Trojans.......Allison, Oliver, Reynolds, Ethan Leonard, and Luke Purdy all hit multiple 3 pointers as PHS continues to score well from behind the arc. This is turning out to be one of Portsmouth's best shooting teams in years. The Trojans were without the services of starter Alex Dickerson, who was under the weather. The Ironmen of Coach Phil Howard battled the whole game, and the Trojans really didn't have a comfortable lead until late in the 3rd quarter, outscoring JHS 20-8 in that 8 minutes. Jackson won the reserve game 50-41, with the PHS JV dropping to 4-2, while the Trojan freshmen upped their record to 4-0 under Coach Matt Payton with a 36-31 win.
Sky Oliver seems to be playing well after the football injury all the time off and not being able to practice basketball at full speed don't seem to be bothering him 'glad to see you all diddnt have to wait on him to get his : basketball: legs ' great players just pick up where they left off

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens loses Burrow against Marietta to play football in California but will be back in time to play Logan elm

Chopper
Waterboy

Post by Chopper »

Ports Notre Dame beats Green on Friday night 46-31 and Hunt St Joe on sat afternoon at SSU 37-33. Notre Dame moves to 4-1 on the season.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Chopper wrote:Ports Notre Dame beats Green on Friday night 46-31 and Hunt St Joe on sat afternoon at SSU 37-33. Notre Dame moves to 4-1 on the season.

Setting up a nice matchup between Portsmouth ND and South Gallia Rebels Dec 27th in Portsmouth. My dad is flying in from Arizona to watch his grandson Brayden Greer that night.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”