Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Dec. 16th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Preview for Tuesday

Unioto(0-3, 0-6) @ Southeastern(0-3, 1-6)
Each team is struggling heavily, SE has had two of their starters return last weekend, but it didn't seem to help them much. Maybe playing at home will give them a boost in this one. Unioto has been in all but one game, but hasn't won yet. If they don't get the W here, it will more than likely be til after the new year for them to get a win.
Prediction: Unioto, finally, 57-50

Huntington(3-0, 5-0) @ Paint Valley(1-2, 1-3)
Huntington should win this one easily, but they should've also won easily last season when PV took them to 2OT's. This is a rivalry game and the Jigger is always a tough place to play(and win) But this Huntington team seems different.
Prediction: Huntington, 81-49

Zane Trace(1-2, 2-3) @ Adena(2-0, 4-1)
Zane Trace is coming off of a big win over Southeastern, while Adena has been rolling as of late and had a huge win over Logan Elm. This game went to OT last season and Matt Miller went nuts for ZT.
Prediction: Adena, 65-61

Piketon(2-1, 3-2) @ Westfall(2-0, 3-0)
This is always a fun little matchup. Westfall is a heck of a place to win. Both teams were picked at the top half of the league and both need a win to stay right in the thick of the SVC race. I think the home team will win in each one of these games this season.
Prediction: Westfall, 70-66

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

You come back with the D2 powers of Athens and Jackson.

Sounds like you are un-informed. Like most of the rest of the D2 schools in southeastern Ohio go play Zanesville and Chilli (some twice) each year, schedule Ironton or Portsmouth, Logan Elm or Circleville as non-league opponents.

Instead you pick Waterford, Athens, Jackson.

You play no one.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

fighting_falcon wrote:You come back with the D2 powers of Athens and Jackson.

Sounds like you are un-informed. Like most of the rest of the D2 schools in southeastern Ohio go play Zanesville and Chilli (some twice) each year, schedule Ironton or Portsmouth, Logan Elm or Circleville as non-league opponents.

Instead you pick Waterford, Athens, Jackson.

You play no one.

What is your problem with VC? Let me guess you are a FU fan and are upset because you Are not the team you thought? Look you asked earlier did VC play any D2 or D1 teams? I gave you several examples such as Athens, Waverly, Jackson, Meigs and Philo, and this isnt good enough for you. granted these teams are having down years but are none the less D2 teams in the area(most VC plays every year such as Jackson and Athens). I am sorry your team is not having much of a season, but really find a new hobby other than bashing one of the better programs in the area. Despite what you say VC WILL make it to the Convo this year barring some major injury or mishap. And they will do it playing thier TVC schedule and then beating others in the Sectional. Like it or not thats how its going to be.
Last edited by BLUEGRASSVIKE on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

FF, you are a moron. Again these games are scheduled sometimes two to three years in advance. There is no way of predicting the level of competition for that school. Especially this day and age with all of the recruit--oops my bad "transferring" that has gone on and unpunished I might add.

Secondly, you point to Chillicothe and Zanesville, first I don't see them on your schedule, secondly, Chillicothe just until three years ago was mediocre at best, they are the epitome of what I was saying. "There is a fine line between scheduling to be competitive and tested than scheduling to be beaten and discouraged." Were their records of when they played in the OCC a true indication of how good they were or could have been? We don't know and we may never know. Lastly, Zanesville is in the East District and is now a Division I school and is it that a fair test to a small Division II?

You seem to have all of the answers, please provide us with a plausible and intelligent argument that will enlighten us, so that we may find a schedule that is worthy of your blessing.

I am so done with you.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Dshanton3 wrote:mhs82-any team with an elite ball handling guard will have their best game against Upper. my beef is the fact i believe Chilli was the better team, period, and you speak as if they only won because McClain was "off". All of Dante's heroics werent enough to beat Chilli when it had almost always been enough his whole career except when they played a better team in the tournament. which is what happened last year.

So then by your argument, you would agree that Wheelersburg was a better team than Chillicothe last year?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

yawn

SEBBJunkie
Waterboy

Post by SEBBJunkie »

Another win for Adena 52-39 over Zane Trace. They are now 5-1 overall 3-0 in the SVC.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Roll/Hauserman/Uhrig train rolls on ... 5-1 with a bullet ...

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Its time to start looking at Portsmouth West, they played Oak Hill to a very close one. 55-46, they lost but it was a great game.

GOOD GAME WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Strength of schedule?

No formula...just common sense

As for West...they need to win

The mold has been set to give Oak Hill a great game.....everyone has picked up on it.

Valley played them closer...should they be up there too?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Yes, they should and not NEW BOSTON

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hmmmmmm ??? New Boston is 5-2 ... West is what 3-3 now ??? ...

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

HMMMMMM???????? Has New Boston played anyone besides they two they lost

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TUESDAY

Boys Basketball

SVC

Piketon 54
Westfall 49
Cody Smith (P) - 19 points

Huntington 84
Paint Valley 57
Josh Kellough (H) - 23 points

Zane Trace 39
Adena 52
Clay Roll (A) - 23 points

Unioto
Southeastern

MSL
Circleville 53
Logan Elm 67

Teays Valley 66
Amanda 48

Bloom Carroll
Fairfield Union

Hamilton Township 50
Canal Winchester 74
B.J. Mullins (CW) - 27 pts & 20 rebounds

Canal takes on Logan Elm next ...

SOC

Wheelersburg 50
Waverly 37

Portsmouth Notre Dame
Eastern Pike

Portsmouth Clay 39
Western Latham 53

Minford 82
Lucasville Valley 76

SEOAL

Jackson 48
Ironton 63

SHL

Peebles 69
Leesburg Fairfield 77

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

fu beat bloom carroll tonight

i do not believe fu is skidding....played poorly at logan and didnt make free throws

le beats them with half court buzzer beater..

just very veryy young!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good win for FU over Bloom Carroll to stop the "skid" ... a team starts out with 5 wins then drops their next 3 games ? qualifies as a "skid" imo LOL ... granted 2 of the 3 teams are quality ball clubs CW and LE ... 3 straight L's = a skid sorry ... BUT as I said the "skid" is over with tonight's W ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto wins in OT

Ugly game, but it's a win. Alex Kimsey had a monster night for the Shermans, had to be close to a triple double with blocks included. Jesse McKeever played very well for the Panthers and Kenny Corcoran had a nice scoring night.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Chesapeake goes to 5-1 with a victory over Huntington St. Joe tonight, Dec. 18th.

They also have wins over Portsmouth, Gallipolis, River Valley, and Rock Hill.
Their only loss so far is to Wheelersburg.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Logan Elm 67, Circleville 53
Largent 21, Congrove 17 for LE
Clanin and Williams 14 each for Circleville

LE goes on a 23-8 tear in the third quarter to make the difference.

LE 4-2, 4-0 @ Canal Winchester, Saturday.
CV 4-3, 2-2 vs. Fairfield Union, Saturday.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”