Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 20th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto(4-11, 4-6) 62
Westfall(8-8, 5-5) 52

Unioto picks up the big SVC win over Westfall, behind very good rebounding and great team hustle. The Shermans won most loose balls and the gazette had them with 2 players in double digit rebounds. Curtis Baker led Unioto with 25 points, while Ryan Shreve had a double-double(10 and 11 rebs) Steve Clusman also added 10 points and 6 assists. Tyler Kritsch and Aric Mussleman had 10 for the Mustangs.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Glad to see Curtis having a great season ,as I predicted he would . This young man can score.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... daniC ... Unioto isn't going to be a team that will go DEEP into the tourney BUT imo they are a team that I wouldn't want to face early in the 2nd season - they have the potential to take down a higher seed in sectional play ...

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

pfloyd - I'm surprised that Fort Frye (Beverly) isn't anywhere to be found in your mix of teams. They are currently 13-2 with a win at the buzzer last night and could give Warren some fits this evening at the Fort, if the Warriors don't come ready to play. One of their two losses is to Warren (a close one) at Warren and the other was to Waterford, who is also having a nice season.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Fort Frye will beat warren tonite at the fort they blew a 16 point 4th quarter lead earlier at warren to lose by one point early in the season but they are undefeated at home so far and have only lost a buzzer beater at home to waterford last year and a buzzer beater to warren 2 years at home, it is a great home court atmosphere. Their other loss was a blowout to waterford who should be in your elite 8 the way they are playing right now pfloyd.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

PFLOYD....Vinton County at Waterford senior night feb. 9th mark it down!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sports nut/ throwitdown ... I have never included Fort Frye in my lists as a SEO team ... I think it started on the huddle when I DID try to include them on my Elite 8 along with Morgan HS ... I was chastised for trying to include them - so they were dropped from my "mind set" as being a SEO team ...

... doesn't mean I haven't paid attention to the Cadets of Coach Liedtke ... Derek Thompson/Brandt Thieman, Jarrod Arnold, Tyler Stevens, Mason Lang can obviously play with anyone in the area ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... throwitdown ... I HAVE put that Vinton County @ Waterford game on the Hoops Master Menu lol ... it will be a BIG game for Waterford - gives them an opportunity to 'change my mind" about them - I saw Waterford take the loss at the Convo - I know it was early in the season BUT "at that time" I wasn't impressed as much as I was told I should be with WHS ... a "W" over Vinton County obviously tells me something about how much they have improved ... Nov. 9th IS a big night for Waterford ...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Waterford needs to keep focusing on Vinton County, just like the guys on 107.7 WSEO. Vinton County is unbeaten in the TVC Ohio and is the leader, while Waterford is...well...nevermind.

Vinton County will win that game by 10+ maybe more.

Watch for this Vinton County fans: Big old 6'9" Cunningham will set a pick at the top of the key, will flop to the ground when a 5'7" 140 lb guard runs into him. Better yet, the ref will call it in Waterford's favor every time.

The stripes will be Waterford's only hope and they know it. That's a scary thought.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

So Orestes u spottin me 10 points huh I'll take that any day well we might lose but if i were u dont miss this game its gonna be one of the toughest games you've had in awhile you will be challenged i promise we will be fired up on senior night and we have some good senior leadership. It will be a good tournament kind of atmoshere. And as for us getting calls at home i wish that were the case it seems like we've gotten better officiating on the road this year. One more thing Cunningham flops alot but he has gotten much better, but he probably wont be the one playing Guthrie anyways. I dont know why everyone always talks about Cunningham anyways i dont even know if he's our best player every night its somebody different. Hendershot, Hoge, Lang, and Tornes can play too. Pfloyd i definitley agree with u then if the only game u seen was the North Adams our guards turned the ball over i dont know how many times that game, and we still had a 10 point lead in that game and could have won. We have been playing much better lately, and am looking forward to Next friday at Fed hock on their sr. nite for the tvc and then turn around and play a rested fired up fort frye team in the rematch for their sr. nite, yea we can thank the A.D. Doug Baldwin for his excellent scheduling...haha. But that VC game will be a good one we might lose but i would really be surprised if it was much more than a 10 pt game like Orestes says.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Orestes how do u know about our boys mindsets, u said the refs are our only chance and we know it.haha thats pretty funny. I dont think you know how confident of a team we are right now, ever heard of Fort Frye the team thats 13-2 and going to beat warren tonight?? Waterford held them to 20 POINTS, 6 IN THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF, 16% SHOOTING AND THEY CAN SHOOT IT. We play some pretty tough physical defense, hope you don't have any plans of getting 103. North Adams is the only team to get 50 on us. But anyways Orestes could u give me some info on Vinton County since i havent seen them just heard alot about them. How big, how deep, starting lineup??? I would appreicate it.

Waterford starts:
C Cunningham 6'9'' Jr.
PF Hendershot 6'4'' Sr.
SF Tornes 6'2'' Sr.
SG Hoge 6'3'' Sr.
PG Lang 5'11'' Sr.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Well before Vinton County people get mad at me, I am NOT a Vinton County fan.

I have only seen VC a few times this year, but here's my take on the VC/Waterford matchup.

I would recommend using Cunningham on Guthrie for much of the game. Guthrie is only 6'5", but he dominates everyone. He can move, dribble, pass, and just flat out shoot. Having a few inches on him is 1) maybe something he has not faced this year and 2) the only hope of possibly altering his nearly flawless shot.

Next, VC's guards are far superior to that of Waterford, unless they have gone from night to day since early to midseason. Pack it in against Guthrie, and they will flat light you up from 3-point range.

VC will also apply some of that North Adams-esque pressure. As they do it, they will go deep into the bench. The VC guards are not as good at slashing, and are not quite as quick as FH's guards, but they are relentless on D and can set the nets on fire from 3 point range.

Finally, Combs is a Grade A coach with Grade A assistants. They win EVERY year. The players change, and they keep winning.

Goodluck. I would like to watch this one.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Good info Orestes. And pretty accurate. Guthrie has played against taller/bigger guys this year and dominated everyone of them. Also if you try and stop Guthrie look for VC's other big man (Prater) to have a big night. VC's team this year is better than last years undefeated squad, in my opinion. This team is much deeper and plays D much more agressivly.

Starting 5 for VC
Guthrie 6-5 C Senior A truly complete player Double/double machine
Stewart G Senior Great shooter had 8 tre's in one game earlier this season
Prater 6-4 or 6-5 F Junior great defender and rebounder will score if Guthire is double teamed.
Grillo PG Soph Great ballhandler very smart and give up very few to's
Eberts G Senior Another great shooter just leave hi, open and hell make you a believer

Off the bench:
Allen G/F Soph quick athletic and great defender
Beaty G/F Best defender on team great team player

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace 59
Washington CH 58

You don't want to play the Pioneers at ZT this season. They now are 9-7 on the year and I believe 7-1 at home, with the only loss being to McClain. They are 6-2 since one of their top players quit(losses to LE and McClain) talk about addition by subtraction!!

Adena beat Leesburg Fairfield by 5 or so. Clay Roll dropped in 31 last night in a win over Paint Valley and another 23 tonight.

Piketon drops a pair this weekend, to Huntington and tonight to Columbus Mifflin.

pfloyd- If Unioto can avoid the 8/9 game, I think they could possibly get to the Convo. They'll have to play very well of course, but I only see Chillicothe as the only team they can't compete with in the sectional.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace is 9-7 overall.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Madison Plains has never won the SCOL....they lost won a league title in 1975...not sure what league they were in back then.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

SP is 15-0 with the wins over St. Joe and Peebles in back to back games!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

13-3 Logan Elm 53
5-12 Miami Trace 34

Congrove 17, Largent 12 points and 9 rebounds and Bryant Blake 11 for the Braves.
Milstead 13 for the Panthers.

Logan Elm travels to 10-6, 6-4 Circleville Tuesday in an important MSL game.
Miami Trace heads to McClain

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Ironman92 wrote:Madison Plains has never won the SCOL....they lost won a league title in 1975...not sure what league they were in back then.

Unless WCH and Hillsboro can pull of the upsets, looks like Plains will get their first SCOL league championship. Who outside of Madison County would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

roundballfan
Waterboy

Post by roundballfan »

danicalifornia wrote:Zane Trace 59
Washington CH 58

They are 6-2 since one of their top players quit(losses to LE and McClain) talk about addition by subtraction!!

And your point is? This is the second insinuating comment you've made regarding an unfortunate situation and a heart wrenching decision to walk away from the game. Comments like that are unnecessary. Please give it a rest. Congrats to the ZT players on their huge win and good luck in the rest of the season.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”