Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ...Feb 7th added

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Hallelujah!!!!! I thought pfloyd absence was the first sign of the Apocalypse. Thank Goodness.

jottings
SEOPS H

Ironton 71 Logan 66

Post by jottings »

Varsity
Ironton 71 Logan 66
Reserves
Ironton 61 Logan 59 (2 ots)

Others
Chesapeake 55 Fairland 54
River Valley 55 Coal Grove 43
Wheelersburg 71 South Webster 40

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

pfloyd

I am just curious why VC is ahead of Huntington- still.. .after Hunt beat vc AT vc... doesn't make any sense to me.

Now if you could argue that VC had some quality wins along the way - i might agree with you, but that is not the case.

look forward to the reasoning.

late
sweetpea

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

All shook up!

Lynchburg Clay defeats North Adams by about 10

Adena beats Huntington

Peake won AT Fairland

Manchester beats Eastern Brown by 20+

New Boston over Western in OT

Fairfield beats Ripley

Ironton over Logan

South Point beats Rock Hill

Oak Hill big over Waverly

Minford big over NW

Burg big over SW

ZT over Westfall

Piketon by 2 over SE

Symmes Valley won

Fed Hock in a tight one over Eastern Meigs

VC by about 40 over Wellston

WCH handles Madison Plains

Greenfield over London

dr awkward
Waterboy

Post by dr awkward »

Good point Sweet Pea, I thought the same thing. It's not like that game was at a neutral site it was at VC. Everything else looks great and Pfloyd as always does a great job with his weekly poll.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Sweet Pea ... Huntington moved in front of VC with the 61-57 win @ Vinton ... I believe the Huntsmen were in the 2nd spot on the Elite 8 list for 2 or 3 weeks ... VC dropped as low as 4 or 5 after the loss to HHS if I'm not mistaken ... losses by North Adams, Oak Hill AND yes Huntington's eventual loss to then 6-6 Zane Trace had the Vikings moving back up the list into 2nd/3rd spot ...... Adena's 61-60 win tonight over Huntington handed the Huntsmen their 2nd loss while VC has but one going into tomorrow nights game vs Waterford ... I stick with my placement of 18-1 Vinton County in the 3 spot ABOVE now 18-2 Huntington HS ....

gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

Good to have you back pfloyd.

Logan Elm 59
Bloom-Carroll 49

Circleville 71
Hamilton Township 63

Fairfield Union 46
Teays Valley 60

LE finishes the regular season with a 16-4 record. Circleville gets a badly needed win to finish 11-9. Fairfield Union also finishes at 11-9.

Time for the insanity to begin! :-D

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd wrote:... Sweet Pea ... Huntington moved in front of VC with the 61-57 win @ Vinton ... I believe the Huntsmen were in the 2nd spot on the Elite 8 list for 2 or 3 weeks ... VC dropped as low as 4 or 5 after the loss to HHS if I'm not mistaken ... losses by North Adams, Oak Hill AND yes Huntington's eventual loss to then 6-6 Zane Trace had the Vikings moving back up the list into 2nd/3rd spot ...... Adena's 61-60 win tonight over Huntington handed the Huntsmen their 2nd loss while VC has but one going into tomorrow nights game vs Waterford ... I stick with my placement of 18-1 Vinton County in the 3 spot ABOVE now 18-2 Huntington HS ....

pfloyd,

What about that HOT Burg team jumping the Huntsmen as well. Is there a hotter team right now (excluding the CAVS) then the Burg!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hitch ... Wheelersburg has been doing it by bringing the tough defense every night ... the Pirates had that two game losing streak "wake up" call early on - since then the screws have been tightened on D while the Orange & Black senior leaders in Jenkins/Spradlin are getting it done on offense ... you're absolutely right though the Burg might be playing some of the best ball Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line going into the "survive and advance" season ...

crazypointer25
Waterboy

Post by crazypointer25 »

Pfloyd..

Just a reminder

South Point 19-0 :-D

UNDEFEATED

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... crazypointer LOL ... those Pointers haven't slipped my mind or my eye ... Mayo & Co. for Coach Norris are special that's for sure ... the boyz need to take care of bidness vs West Union tomorrow night - long trip ... should Vinton Co. stumble tomorrow night AT Waterford we could see some "top end" shuffling on the Elite 8 ... Zanesville travels to Chillicothe - someone HAS to lose there - although I think they just pencil in OTs for that match up every time they play LOL ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington loses at home for the 1st time in 2 years, on the Kellough's senior night, no less. Adena has kept playing well and finished 2nd in the SVC, when they were picked 6th by the SVC coaches. Lou Postage has my vote for Coach of the Year.

Unioto wins on a Joey Conley or Quentin Detillion tipin at the buzzer in overtime. Curtis Baker and Ryan Shreve had big nights for Unioto, while Matt Workman, AJ Knisley, and Josh Long had big ones for PV. If Conley got credit for it, I think it would've been his only point of the night!!

Final SVC Standings
Huntington 12-2
Adena 10-4
Piketon 9-5
Zane Trace 9-5
Unioto 6-8
Westfall 6-8
Paint Valley 2-12
Southeastern 2-12

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Nice to have gobraves help me with the 'ole Northwest updates.

McMahon had 18 tonight for Circleville.

I went to the Westfall-ZT game. Haynes 15 and Dailey 12 I believe this evening for the 12-8 and 9-5 Pioneers. Gibson 24 and Boring 14 for the 9-11 and 6-8 Mustangs.

Good win for Logan Elm. I know they finished second in the MSL but they've had a nice season. Hopefully we'll see them have a long tournament run.

Looking forward to attending the SEOAL championship tomorrow night with Chillicothe and Zanesville. Should be a dandy.

crazypointer25
Waterboy

Post by crazypointer25 »

lol...k...just figured i'd make sure for my sake..

haha..keep up the good work

JayKlineFan
Waterboy

Post by JayKlineFan »

Jay Kline would take any team in the top 8 and make them the outright number 1 team...

"The Cadillac."
stillballin
Waterboy

Post by stillballin »

Jay Kline is the man. See the TVC Ohio 2009 thread. He will be the top dressed man roaming the sidelines of the Welslton Summer league.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Congrove 25, Largent 19 and Adam Blake 10 points for 16-4 Logan Elm last night.

Drew Clanin led Circleville with 20 points in its win over Hammy. Tigers now 11-9.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

b618 ... what has happened to Hamilton Twp. ??? when I saw them earlier in the season I THOUGHT they were/would be a really, really good ball club ... they have been losing by scores that have surprised me ... losing games that I thought they should be winning ... what's up with that team - Curry, Woods, Green seemed to be a good nucleus for the Rangers ...

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Southern ended the regular season 12-8. Now its tourney time. Keep up the good work does! :-D

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto finishes the regular season at 6-14.

They lost 59-55 to #8 in D3 Madison Plains, losing a 9 point 4th quarter lead. They went 1-2 on the week, with a 1 point loss to #3 Huntington, an OT win over Paint Valley included.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”