Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Hitch, Did you notice I have inherited the Cav's? Colors are the same, but the names have changed!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: chill

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Hitch, Did you notice I have inherited the Cav's? Colors are the same, but the names have changed!

tbreeze,

I thought it was the sinus problem I have been having. Maybe a little vertigo. I was going to pull out some of your post from the past, but thought maybe it was me...lol...

May the real identity of tbreeze not come out until the tourney is over....

GO CAVS!!!!

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

chill

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Well, I guess it's kinda like picking on your brother is o.k. as long as it's in the family, but let someone outside the family pick on your brother, that's different! hahaha!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I am sure whoever plays the Cavs, will not lie down. And I am sure whoever the Cavs play, the Cavs will be prepared.

jottings
SEOPS H

Pfloyd...

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...As president and CEO of SEOPS, you should get an automatic pass to the Green Room!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jottings !!! I ALWAYS knew you were the man !!! - what a great idea! - "pfloyd with the automatic pass to the Green Room - hot dogs/tootsie rolls/chips and a soft drink " ... LOL ... I like your way of thinking " a true scholar" you are Jottings ...

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Best room in the Convocation Center. Good treats to go along with good basketball. Pfloyd could hold court there every night.

Just two nights till the tip-off at the Convo...Chillicothe vs. Marietta and Logan Elm vs. Warren. It's Basketball Thirty

A nice warmup tomorrow evening....SE D2 District Girls Title - Circleville vs. Unioto at the Southeastern High palace and more good hospitality.

Futurebkstar
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Post by Futurebkstar »

I still thik South Gallia should've been added to atleast the bottom of the list........They proved the 2nd half of the season improved and polished. they had 9 wins the 2nd half of the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

futurebkstar wrote:I still thik South Gallia should've been added to atleast the bottom of the list........They proved the 2nd half of the season improved and polished. they had 9 wins the 2nd half of the season.

... futurebkstar ... you are probably right on that one ... 9 wins in the second half of the season SHOULD have gotten the Rebels more of a look than I gave them ... that " 0' fer" start did them in - took the boyz off the radar ... my fault I suppose ... can't please all teams or schools - can only do the best I can do with the information I have or get ... had SG made some noise early (ie. had the 9 wins at the beginning or even SOME wins at the beginning of the season) they would have stayed on my "napkin stat sheets" as a team to KEEP watching ... bottomline - I didn't "focus" on them due to the start ... other teams I slighted I suppose - Manchester/Peebles , others I'm sure ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It seems like someone kept telling you about Manchester? lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ... it was just hard for me to get happy about a .500 team ... but YES you did "hound" me about Manchester LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... big day at the Convo - something for everyone ...

2:00 PM Ironton vs Peebles ... "what time does the NFL preview show start?" LOL ... Ironton will come out being "very physical" all over the court, looking to take control of the line of scrimmage ... actually looking to take Peebles out of THEIR game for a quarter or so ... by that time the Tigers pressure will have given them control of the "field position" battle and in this case the game ... a couple of things have to be in the Indians favor for them to advance - the officiating will have to be calling a close game ... and Peebles will have to "stay/play" within themselves - play basketball vs playing football - to have a chance in this one ...

3:45 PM North Adams vs Fairland ... two good teams going at it in this one ... NA will play a pressure defense which they hope will exploit the "undisciplined" guard play that FHS tends to fall into at times - showing poor shot selection ... NA will try to force Lamb away from his favorite 3 point "watering holes" on the wings, force him to put the ball on the floor ... Fairland will be contending with the NA pressure for 32 minutes - Unger/Louden/Sparks/Rothwell/Burns/Jimison/Nehus ... FT shooting may become an issue - give the edge to North Adams ... should be a good "basketball game" ...

5:30 PM Huntington vs Chesapeake ... the Huntsmen are led by the duo of the brothers Kellough (Josh/Justin) ...I know that b618 has tossed out Corey Cottrill's name but in the game vs VC that I saw he went scoreless .... while the 'peake is a 6 man show - Ross/Copley/Rase/Shoemaker/Webb/Saunders ... should be an outstanding basketball game to watch - 2 of the best perimeter players who also get to rim with their speed and strength in the Kellough brothers ... Josh Kellough has outstanding range on his perimeter shot (will throw up a "deep" three ball early to set up his real game of getting to the rim) ... Chesapeake has no real star - a group of players that play solid defense, hustle on every possession both offensively and defensively) - Coach Davis has instilled that TEAM is the key to winning, defense is a major part of the formula for advancing ... yet another great match-up that will give the basketball crowd a show ...

7:15PM Wheelersburg vs Piketon ... a battle of Southern Ohio powers ... an interesting battle between the Burgs "experience" vs Piketon's "fire" ... the Pirates have a team with tons of post season experience - it shows - Jenkins/Spradlin seem to handle everything with a "confidence/calmness" that belies the fact that they have seen/been through it all before ... Piketon brings a talented group of athletes in Bradson/Daniels/Legg/Cody Smith ... the Red Streaks show their "inexperience" in relation to WHS through the fact that they CAN be "rattled" - they DO let what is going on the floor get in their heads (at times) ... it shows in " temperament " on the floor - at times ... imo the temperament/out of contol play (at times) plays to Wheelersburgs' strength of being "cool,calm and collected" ... great match-up to finish up what should be a great football/basketball day at the Convo ... something for everyone ...

... best of luck to all teams, fans, schools ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Piketon is a proud member of the Scioto Valley Conference! Come on pfloyd. Just kidding. You do a good job and enjoy a day full of good high school hoops at the Convo.

For my money....

Ironton
North Adams
Huntington
'Burg

Looking forward to returning to the Convo Friday FOR Logan Elm vs. Chillicothe. LE will bring the sling shot.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

lol ... see what happens when you only have a committee of one - me - to edit this stuff before it is posted !!! ...check it out - I covered with "Southern Ohio powers" LOL ...

... Logan Elm vs Chillicothe ... obviously LE is the underdog in this one ... BUT you know something that has been a constant in the years that Coach Stiverson has been at LE - his teams have always played the "quality teams tough" ... this year vs one loss Harvest Prep - a Harvest Prep team with imo more all around talent/speed than Chillicothe ... a team that put as much or more pressure on the ball than Chilli - the Braves played them even ... took HP to OT before losing 67-69 ... and that was without Adam Blake seeing the floor ... Coach Stiverson gets his players ready for THE game as well as anyone ... I know LE works to limit their opponents to 50 or less ... defense is the name of the game ... I think the "big floor" will help LE in this ... I don't see Logan Elm being intimidated by CHS in any way , shape or form ... LE has played a quality schedule have seen speed, pressure on the ball, size (Mullen's for Canal 2 times) ... let's just say that Chillicothe better bring IT'S "A game" as well ... should be a VERY GOOD game imo ...

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

pfloyd: Thank's for the hard work all year long and the great job. 8) 8)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Looked all over the place Friday night and could not find you...In fact, I thought I was in pretty good shape after the double hip operation on July23, but after up and down those Convo stairs three or four times, and trip to the Green Room, then back down on the playing floor to keep stats and a couple trips to the rest rooms, I was pooped.

Got home around 11:20, went straight to bed. Saturday morning, I felt like I went through a ringer.

GAHS-4-ever and I thought we'd come up today for a couple games, but I'm still recovering from Friday.

Maybe we'll get up for Friday's Division II finals on Feb.29.

Sorry I missed you.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Post by tropicalbreeze »

The more I have been thinking about this game, the more I'm starting to believe that it"could" be interesting. I "do" remember the LE/Zanesville game a couple of years ago. Here come these small undersized skinny kids onto the floor and I'm thinking during warmups, it's a 20 point game. Well, those undersized, skinny kids played their patuddies off and lost in double OT in what might be one of the better HS games i've seen in a Loooong time. I said @ the time, that coach was very, very good and those kids responded. Not only Harvest Prep, but Didn't LE play Canel (BJ Mullens) Winchester this year fairly close?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Pfloyd, I know. Just heckling you a bit. You do a fantastic job.

Logan Elm and Greenfield are two of the best fundamentally sound teams in our area. I believe many are underselling both teams, but we'll see come game day. They could be right. Logan Elm is the biggest underdog, but if they can spread the floor on offense and throw a good defense at Chilli, they'll be in the game.

Will the purple hippo be making an appearance at the Convo Friday?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

bman618 wrote
Great time of year pfloyd. The Convo is warming up for the invasion of Southeast hoops mania. I can smell the free hot dogs already

Free??????????? I bought a popcorn and gatorade, it cost me 6.25 thats crazy!!!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

It's that nasty inflation evidently.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”