Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Post by Dundas »

Floyd--Ive got Ironton over Jackson 67-62.

How was the Athens/Eastern game?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beats West Union 94-55 in the holiday tourny. Blake Justice has a game high 37pts with Andrew Seaman also chipping in on the scoring with an output in the mid 20s.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

LoganElm_grad09 wrote:On a side note: I'd love to see a Piketon/Logan Elm matchup.

No contest!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dundas thanks... I'll go with your napkin stats on the Ironton game - I took my numbers off another thread (apparently not right) ...

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Come on Pfloyd, Athens break into the top 8 tonight with a win over Eastern???? Give us Athens fans some good news before the new year. :122249

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC just getting by Southeastern doesn't give the TVC much strength to Athens schedule. I know you have to win games and Athens has done a great job thus far......but from what I've seen so far Athens would be the 6th or 7th best team in the SEOAL.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pritchard 14 points, Hauserman 11 points and Thomas eight points, eight steals and nine rebounds for the Braves. ZT led 16-13 after first quarter and was held to five points in second and third periods. Davis with 11 for Zane Trace and Maxwell had six.

LE 6-0 @ Hamilton Township a week from Friday.
ZT 4-4

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I see 93 bulldogs teams all moved up, thats why Pfloyd was driving a new SUV after he spent the night in Athens with the Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that funny!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak 55
Adena 32

Whiteoak 4-3

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote:VC just getting by Southeastern doesn't give the TVC much strength to Athens schedule. I know you have to win games and Athens has done a great job thus far......but from what I've seen so far Athens would be the 6th or 7th best team in the SEOAL.

So your saying a win over a 5-1 Vinton County team doesnt help Athens out any? It doesnt matter how you win, as long as you win. I bet if the Ironmen wouldve happened to beat VC early this season, you would have a different spin on it and say it was a great win over a great team. Not many teams can say they have beaten VC in the past few years. Athens would definatly be higher than 6th or 7th in the Seoal...1 bad game against a decent team doesnt mean thats exactly how it would be.

Based on the body of work, Athens deserves at least the 8th spot imo.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley 70

Huntington 62

OT

From Quicken Loans arena.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NO beating Vinton Co @ VC is a very goood win....but them Southeastern playing VC tightly somewhat lessens the win at VC...it's still a very good win and IMO if VC goes on a tear...the win will look even better.

I would feel exactly the same way if after Jackson beat Athens then they played very tight games with teams having trouble....Jackson over Athens wouldn't have been as big IMO.

AND I stick to my Athens in the SEOAL statement. Read my comment about Athens in the Jackson/Athens thread...all very complimentary....but definately Ironton, Portsmouth, Jackson, Warren and Chilly would be above Athens.....I don't know much of Gallipolis or Marietta and Logan we'll see soon....but go ahead and argue them above the 6th best SEOAL team.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Ironman 92-I love your posts. You are very informative, interesting and fair. But if the TVC is so much weaker than the SEOAL, then why in the world would Jackson have petitioned to join it?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Waverly over Pfloyd's #2 Piketon 50-48. Waverly had a 10 point lead and at one time went 0-8 at the foul line.
Waverly hit 15-31 at the line for the night. They started the game 1-6 and had at least 9 misses the fourth qtr. Guess
who will be shooting foul shots all week? Eastern won the consolation game over Western. All tournament team was Cooper
from Western, McVey from Eastern, James Lewis from Piketon and Co MVPs were Martin and Kretzer from Waverly. Somebody
is moving up Pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from what I can gather from tonights action (sitting here in Hilton Head , South Carolina ... guys its about 55 degrees outside right now ... a little mist of a rain coming down ... good to see others reporting the scores from tonights games ...

Waverly Holiday Classic Championship

Waverly 50
Piketon 48

Waverly Holiday Classic Consolation

Western Pike 46
Eastern Pike 73

Other Boys Basketball

Unioto 46 OT
Amanda 52

Teays Valley 59
Westfall 36

Huntington 62
Lucasville Valley 70 OT

McDonalds Holiday Classic Championship

Miami Trace 42
Jamestown Greeneview 79

McDonalds Holiday Classic Consolation

London 61
Madison Plains 71

Other Boys Basketball

Washington CH 68
Northwest 53

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Southern over Meigs..not sure of the score but I believe it was around a 12 point win for the Tornadoes.

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Floyd - Wellston is 4 - 2 on the season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

boy of summer....thanks for the initial statement...I try.

Why did Jackson try to get into the TVC....not one single clue. Some who made the choices would likely say $$$.....outsiders looking in would say to win more.....I say....no idea, I think it's a terrible idea.

I didn't try to say the TVC was so down.....but I cannot make an argument for Athens (who has a great program and staff) to be higher than the 6th best SEOAL team.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ironman92 wrote:NO beating Vinton Co @ VC is a very goood win....but them Southeastern playing VC tightly somewhat lessens the win at VC...it's still a very good win and IMO if VC goes on a tear...the win will look even better.

I92, I too somewhat enjoy your posts, and the Good Lord knows that we have had our share of go-arounds. However, I have counted on you to be fair-minded and informative, but this my friend this is one of the stupidest things you have ever put to type. Southeastern, although their record does not indicate it, is a very good basketball team. Have you seen them play? May I illustrate for you, they have tremendous guard play; quick, can pressure and handle pressure, they have an excellent shooter in Freshman Nick Kellough. Anytime you have good guard play, you can be successful. Furthermore, they have very good size and athletic. Moreover, they play a lot of zone which can create match up problems for a lot of teams. Now, I might sound a little like Lou Holtz here, but trust me when I say they are a very good team. Maybe their only drawback is that they are young, which means they will be even more dangerous later this season and upcoming seasons. One more thing, anytime you can go into a SVC school over the holidays and get a win, whether it was a 6 points or 60 points, it is a very good win; and to say anything else, well is ignorant or..."arrogant."

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I've typed a lot stupider things.....(like the previous sentence)

Peebles (very good team, thanks I know) 77
Southeastern (playing at home...in the SVC) 38

West Union has had the least amount of success thus far in the SHL....I believe they are 1-5, yet they beat Southeastern 56-42. If you want to call their tradition great.....I would too. Yes, they upset Huntington but they have not been a great team this year. A win is most certainly a win, congrats on defeating Southeastern on the road.

Good Luck the rest of the year....I ALWAYS pick VC to win the TVC and believe they will again this year. Fortunately Jackson is very competitive this year so in February it should be fun at VC.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”