Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Post by javagt »

Chillicothe at Warren .... Big game

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Peebles has never really gotten it done in the tournament...lots of hard luck last second district losses. Still, 25 straight years without a losing record, 60 straight regular season wins, 5 straight 20 win seasons in the 80s...only 2 regional appearances. Lost by a bucket to Charlie Huggins' Indian Valley South, then in 84 to a Columbus Wurhle team stacked with D1 players.

www.wearetheindians.org

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

With 4-6 coming into the area tomorrow, a lot of games on Friday might be banged for Mother Nature. Looks like a lot of rescheduling will happen this season.

Be safe on those roads throughout the area.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

does hillsboro play peebles? if they do and win they could be the unofficial shl champ.
i know they play lynchburg, fairfield, whiteoak, eastern, and maybe north adams.
that is way too many d3 and d4 schools for a solid d2 team to play.
are all of the teams in the scol d2?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

whiteoak also went to the regionals in 2000. how many teams went as far as whiteoak did in the past decade?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I wish we played Hillsboro...and technically Hillsboro lost their game to fairfield because of a forfeit.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beats Fayetteville by 10( I think it was 65-55, im not quite sure). Andrew Seaman, 24 points on the night, breaks 1000 points in the victory.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Anyone have a score on the Lynchburg/West Union game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fville have a good play or just play well on defense?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Nice to see 2 SHL teams in the top 8.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... jchitwood ... the SHL is one of those leagues that has ALWAYS had quality basketball teams BUT during the season no one knows about 'em LOL ... it is THE hardest league to find game information, records etc. always has been going back to the years of the Elite 8 on the huddle ... back in those days the only time I would see SHL teams play was when the North Adams/ Peebles/ WhiteOak teams would play at the Convo in the post season ... back in the day I followed local teams but never really paid much attention to the teams in Adams county and beyond - again no press in my area here in the Hocking Hills HOWEVER as interest in high school basketball picked up due to the huddle and seops, posters such as I92 keeping the rest of us informed as to the players, teams, coaches in the SHL ... as the SHL kept making their mark at the Convo AND I92 promoting the teams/players and the NEED to know about the SHL teams in doing the Elite 8 with 93dog and then on my own - my knowledge of those teams,players, coaches, traditions, rivalries has grown in leaps and bounds ... long story short - the SHL gets their just dues DURING the regular season with folks such as yourself , I92 and others via SEOPs forums helping to bring the info to the rest of us - it's all greatly appreciated ... as I said some of the best hs hoops in Southern Ohio is played in the SHL ... my committee of one - me - will continue to give them props throughout the regular and post season - one could not do a "legitimate" ELITE 8 or top 10 in Southern/Southeast Ohio if you didn't include the teams in the SHL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

aw, thanks pfloyd. I meant nothing by it, I'm just glad SHL teams are doing well (and tit's always nice to see my Indians so high up). I think the ain reason for the "SHL Dead Zone" is our Media coverage, particularly Internet coverage, sucks. We rely on fans and coaches to post info on here because (in Adams County especially) news travels at the speed of smell. What I love about SEOP is it makes all of us reporters, which is valuable since there's not a decent SHL website for us to congregate around.

SHL teams have been playing better competition out of the league in recent years though. In-season convo trips, we've had multiple games against Hillsboro, Chesapeake, South Point, Ironton--just to name a few. Thanks for keeping our fellow SE buckeyes in the know.

Oh, and *ahem* there's a really good documentary out called We are the Indians (http://www.wearetheindians.org) and a new one about the 96 North Adams state team called "We Know" that's due out this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g-HvuI5N-o

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm going to assume that ALL games scheduled for Friday night have either been cancelled or are in a wait and see about road conditions mode for tomorrow ... or we are dealing with the "no school no play" policies for some schools ... bottom line- we are going to have a slow Week that IS on the hardwood ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Just how much snow did you, or are you getting?

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

5 inches here in Chillicothe and no school...don't know about policy though. Supposed to travel to Warren tonight. I would put the game in doubt right now..Hope not though..

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis tripleheader at Portsmouth postponed tonight, rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 12.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Piketon/SE makeup game is postponed...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... alright ! fess up !! who did the snow dance????!!!! ... is there anyone else that is starting to have "HW" (hoops withdrawal)? you know what that is of course - usually we don't see the signs until AFTER "basketball thirty at the Convo" but even at this early stage in the season - the half way point for some even more to go for others - the signs are there ... always checking the seops website LOOKING for a game - somewhere , ANYWHERE (ie. sitting in Logan saying Chesapeake is ONLY 2 hours and 45 minutes ONE WAY , I'd be back home by 1 am, to work by 5:30am - that works for me) ... or maybe scanning DirectTV channels for NBA games only to find that you DON'T have NBA LEAGUE PASS or you DO have NBA PASS but your "better half" has control of the remote watching the Mentalist ... OR you find out just how important that "RERUN" of Two and a Half Men IS to your better half when you EVEN suggest getting ESPN FULL COURT ... OR you go out to eat at Bob's, order the fresh fruit bowl , instead of eating the grapes you keep "napkin stats" on how many grapes you can knock down from "three point range (from across table)" ... the signs are there ALREADY you know it , I know it - heck so far today my dogs have gone outside 4 times did their "bidness" 3 times ... in final napkin stat form that would be as a TEAM my 2 hairy dogs were .750 from beyond the deck ... lol

... are there ANY games being played ANYWHERE tonight ???????? my better half WANTS ME OUTTA THE HOUSE LOL ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

post of the year, pfloyd.

surely there's some 8th graders in an outdoor pick up game, right? right?

www.wearetheindians.org

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

All games in the Northwest Territory were postponed. We'll try to get in LE at Westfall and Trimble at Amanda tomorrow on the boys side. One carrot, the games slated for tonight - LE at Hamilton Twp, Roundtown at Canal for SE fans - are now on Thursday.

Pfloyd, you can make up the withdrawyl next weekend at Wellston.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”