Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
datchillicav
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by datchillicav »

Chillicothe got homered tonight at Jackson. Some terrible officiating and they STILL won by 20. If they were playing five on five instead of five on six(two referees called a good game but one was lopsided all night and obviously had something against Chilli) they would have won by 35 probabaly. 25 from Turner, 15 from Ragland, and a big 13 from London. Had either nine or ten in the scoring column (I think 9) which is different than the norm. Jackson is improving every year as well. I don't mean to slight Jackson in any way in this post because coach Jordan is doing a great job. They (along with Athens) were the laughing stock of the league just a few years ago but coach Jordan has turned them into a fundamentally sound, hardworking team whom I enjoyed watching tonight. Anyway, Chilli played a great game other than the turnovers which seem to be the achilles heal of this team. Tonight they could have beaten anyone in SEO except MAYBE L.E. (I still think they OULD beat L.E. at some point if they play a great game.)

I agreed with your decision, PinkFloyd, to move them down the top 8 but after the last few games they deserve abck in.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Spell check thought.....

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very proud of the Trojans win at Logan.......it was our best offensive game of the year.......and it sure is good to have Tory Horne back.......the guard trio of Horne, Wayne Evans, and Forrest Johnson totaled 60 points, and Tre Underwood tossed in 19 as well. Great to see another sophomore, Dion McKinley, get good varsity minutes.

Great to talk to pfloyd as usual.........and the "man row" spirit was great........and I was glad to see a decent number of fans at the game.......they were all making some good noise.

Biggdowgg......you guys will probably not want to sit that close to me again....... :-D

GO TROJANS!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Mystery101 wrote:i think this whole thing is non-sense. there are teams under the treehugger wannabees(which is a rude name) at the top of the list who have 3 loses and undefeated and 1-lose teams below them. i think it is stupid but i guess some people like it.

I bet,if you simply ask why a team was not there,and a team you think should be there,and explain the reasons for both, you would get a reply from Pfloyd explaining why he thinks they deserve to be there.

you wont find many more people on here that attends as many games as he,and knows as much as he does about the game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Point drills Eastern Brown 68-43

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

North Adams beats Southern 80-71, Louden with 27 points.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Logan 59 Marietta 47 (makeup)

Who won the reserve game?

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Reedsville Eastern defeated Parkersburg Catholic, the #2 Team in WV, tonight. 59-39.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Pfloyd give Waverly some respect for their two losses this week. Oak Hill is a lot better than you have given them credit for and South Webster has to be the best D 4 team in SE Ohio. Harrison Martin sprained his ankle Wed. night in practice and played sparingly in the Friday night loss. Everyone would concede that with him 100% Waverly would not have lost.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I think Clay i starting to show how they can really play and might make the list here soon after winning 3 in a row

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

I think Zane Trace is about to begin their climb up the list again. A fully healthy team and solid bench.
Began season with 3 ot loss to BC. Lost Haynes 2 minutes into the game. Lost to Piketon the following week. Then Logan Elm. Then Peebles.
Haynes returns beat Vinton County and Piketon .
Now alone in first place in the SVC at 6-1 overall 7-4.

bucks10
Waterboy

Post by bucks10 »

Pfloyd...what are your thoughts about South Point now?...theyre on a 6 game winning streak...theyre offense is putting up points and theyre defense is just simply amazing right now...and at the beast of the southeast tournament they put so much pressure on eastern brown that they couldnt even run any offense...could this team be elite 8 worthy right now???

bucks10
Waterboy

Post by bucks10 »

btw the Pointers are 7-3 now and have a huge game coming up this saturday at peebles

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern beat Southern by 8 and Parkersburg Catholic by 20

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...bucks10 ... one of the reasons the Pfloyd Tour was on the road Saturday in Chesapeake at the Beasts of the Southeast get together was to get a look see at the Pointers ... the committee of one - me - came away very impressed with South Point ... a solid basketball team inside and out imo - Prater/Cody Taylor hit the boards hard and have good offensive skills in the paint ... the inside game is balanced well with Barnes running the point - the kid can shoot the rock from the perimeter AND get to the rim while handling the ball well under pressure ... Winkler scored all 10 of his points in the first half yesterday including 2 treys - he has good individual moves to get open for his shot ... add to the mix Tevin Mitchell ( 2 threes/8 pts) and Jordan Bruton as the other 2 starters - you have an outstanding first 5 - bringing in Winkler/ Greg Taylor - the space heater with more strength than he needs sometimes lol ... SP has a first 7 that plays very very well together ... the Pfloyd Tour is going to be at Peebles next Saturday to see if the Pointers STILL impress me - I have a good feeling about the boys on the river and it isn't indigestion ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd, I won't be in town that game, but hopefully the good people of Peebles can show you some hospitality. Be sure to find a copy of We are the Indans while you're in P-town.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jchitwood ... I definitely will do that ... should be a great game in a great high school basketball atmosphere ... my committee of one - me - is looking forward to this stop on the Tour ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:...bucks10 ... one of the reasons the Pfloyd Tour was on the road Saturday in Chesapeake at the Beasts of the Southeast get together was to get a look see at the Pointers ... the committee of one - me - came away very impressed with South Point ... a solid basketball team inside and out imo - Prater/Cody Taylor hit the boards hard and have good offensive skills in the paint ... the inside game is balanced well with Barnes running the point - the kid can shoot the rock from the perimeter AND get to the rim while handling the ball well under pressure ... Winkler scored all 10 of his points in the first half yesterday including 2 treys - he has good individual moves to get open for his shot ... add to the mix Tevin Mitchell ( 2 threes/8 pts) and Jordan Bruton as the other 2 starters - you have an outstanding first 5 - bringing in Winkler/ Greg Taylor - the space heater with more strength than he needs sometimes lol ... SP has a first 7 that plays very very well together ... the Pfloyd Tour is going to be at Peebles next Saturday to see if the Pointers STILL impress me - I have a good feeling about the boys on the river and it isn't indigestion ...

AND,,keep in mind, this is one of Portsmouths losses, along with South Webster"STILL UNDEFEATED",and Chillicothe, 3 very good teams.

and all 3 losses was with out 2 of our big dogs,Dion Mckinley,and Torey Horne.

just thought I would point that out :mrgreen:

we do realize, our true test comes tuesday

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Portsmouth likes the treehugger status...

...all year long!

:mrgreen:

I agree,,I was happy as an end table :mrgreen:

I want to be in that top 8,,in the last week of regular season

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tobias - good to see the "tour bus" got you and the rest of the folks back to P'town safely ... it was a pleasure meeting you at the Logan game ... not sure how long I can hold the PHS boyz down - they ARE- based on the Friday game vs my Purple- one of the top teams I have watched play this season ... that's with McKinley and Horne making their very first appearances of the season - lots, and lots of upside to come for the Trojans of Coach Collins ... Tuesday will tell us a WHOLE LOT about where the Trojans stand at this point in the season being now at full strength vs Ironton AT I'town ... good luck to two of the best teams in Southern Ohio on Tuesday night ...

... I'll be on the road to Chillicothe to see if Patrick Angle & Co. can put an L on the Cavs pocket schedules ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”