Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 2

Post by pfloyd »

... does anyone have scores for/or have information as to whether they played due to weather conditions or not :

Washington CH
Clinton Massie

Greenfield McClain
London

Jackson
Minford

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Tuesday nights menu we know outcomes for :

Logan 42
Fairfield Union 56

Peebles 77
CNE 51

Manchester 61
Fayetteville 49

Chesapeake 58
Rock Hill 33

Vinton County 61
Athens 59 OT

Warren Local 71
Belpre 49

Unioto 60
Zane Trace 58

Reedsville Eastern 60
Miller 28

River Valley 61
South Point 59

Meigs 70
Alexander 63

North Adams 64
Eastern Brown 40

WhiteOak 55
Fairfield 49 OT

Piketon 80
Paint Valley 43

Waterford 56
Federal Hocking 40

Lynchburg Clay 43
Ripley 72

Huntington 62
Westfall 49

Southeastern 51
Adena 39

Hillsboro 78
Miami Trace 70

Missing scores for :

Washington CH
Clinton Massie

Greenfield McClain
London

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... don't want to leave out any of our friends from the OVC :

Coal Grove 31
Fairland 54 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Greenfield McClain 44
London 48

... the Tigers have yet to hit the 50 mark on offense in their first 5 games falling to 0-5 ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace jumped out to a quick 11-1 lead on Unioto, before the Shermans chipped away and got it down to 4 to finish the 1st quarter, 11-7. That's when ZT started to heat up, Jesson Hill knocked down 2 or 3 straight bombs, along with Ian Carle and Colton Whitehouse also knocking down treys in the quarter for the Pioneers. Unioto kept within striking distance even though ZT extended their lead to 34-22 at the half.

They extended the lead to 45-27 with a little over 5 minutes left in the 3rd, they got a basket and then Coach Hoops got a TO and the run began. The Shermans turned up the pressure and caught fire, behind Brick Davis and Christian Dunkle to take a 46-45 lead after 3. The teams traded leads throughout the 4th, with Hill and Davis trading big buckets. With the score tied at 55 with a little of 2 minutes left, Sophomore Chase Detillion scored a putback(for I believe his 1st varsity basket) to give the Shermans a lead they wouldn't let go of.

The Shermans shot absolutely terrible from the FT line, but made them when they needed them down the stretch. They were very aggresive and got to the line all night, while the Pioneers were in foul trouble all game and made some big time mistakes to give away the lead. Davis had 22 to lead the Shermans, while Dunkle added 14(seemed like more, all were big baskets). Wes Beam had 14 for the Pioneers and even though I don't have the #'s in front of me, seemed like Jesson Hill had at least 15.

SVC Standings

Piketon 3-0, 4-0
Unioto 3-0, 4-0
Paint Valley 2-1, 3-1
Zane Trace 2-1, 3-2
Huntington 1-2, 2-4
Southeastern 1-2, 1-3
Adena 0-3, 0-4
Westfall 0-3, 1-3

Wednesday's Game:
Piketon @ Columbus Mifflin
Friday's Games:
Zane Trace @ Paint Valley
Huntington @ Unioto
Westfall @ Southeastern
Piketon @ Adena

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Pfloyd, North Adams v. Eastern Brown score was 64-50. Also wanted to say good luck with everything regarding your health.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall fell 62-49 to Huntington. Huntington scored the first nine points in the game and was up 17-6 at the end of one. Westfall cut it down to three twice in the fourth, but the visiting Huntsmen were too strong. Westfall was flat and did not play well, but give credit to Huntington for pouncing on them. Brice Vickers had a nice game for Huntington with 24 points and Dylan Gragg added 17. Derek Robertson led Westfall with 14 followed by Zak Smith with 12.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow, Unioto goes on a 19-0 run to get even,must have been one heck of a basketball game. Great defense or did ZT just get cold from the floor?

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

pfloyd........ first time seeing my FU falcons and was pleasantly surprised how they jumped on your purple boys early and only let up for a short stint in cruising to the win. The young kids definitely have some talent and the Freshman PG is handling things well. Brusco will have these kids playing really well I predict in the second half of the season. My only criticism of Sky was when he left bench players in and allowed Logan to get back in the game in the 4th. I understand he is playing lots of people to try and develop depth but you have to be more careful when it could cost you a game. Also would like to see the 6`8" kid play more on the block and use that height.
Overall really pleased with my first viewing of the team and believe that they can compete with anyone in the MSL this year. On a side note, it was real nice seeing the sportsmanship after the game when the 2 teams made a circle together in the middle of the court and had a prayer.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LetsGoPSU- Unioto was able to step up the pressure big time and ZT made some baffling decisions(rolling the ball inbounds, the player who it was rolled to, picked it up and walked out of bounds?) It was a very exciting game between 2 rivals, their were a couple negatives about it though. The refs were iffy at best, making some strange calls both ways, and ZT had a couple of players go down to injuries, with one looking pretty bad. Hopefully those 2 come back soon for the Pioneers, as I think they could still make some serious noise in the SVC if they are ever fully healthy.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

pfloyd- your very welcome!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's been reported in both HIghland CO newspapers that Whiteoak defeated Fairfield 55-49 in OT

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I92 - edited it on the big board - thanks ... not sure which radio station had it posted incorrectly last night BUT - fixed now on SEOPs ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:... I92 - edited it on the big board - thanks ... not sure which radio station had it posted incorrectly last night BUT - fixed now on SEOPs ...

I got it from a local radio station...to protect their reputation I'll withhold the name...unless they burn me again. :)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yeah...me too

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon 69
Mifflin 65

Legg led the Streaks with 34. They did trail going into the 4th. Good road win and they were finally tested, so I'd say it's a great win.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

This was by far the best Mifflin team we faced over the past four years. They have some great shooters, and a 6-8 big who keeps you honest inside. This was a great win and great early season test, and road win! Very physical game and some big plays. Keenan Brush with several blocks, one big block with 20 seconds to go. Legg with 34 pts, 16/16 FT line...Farmer, Brush, and Moore with strong efforts. If you've never been there, it's an understatement...this is a good win! Definitely not a place for the weary!

Streaks have Adena Friday night for road game #3 of the week. Go Streaks!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

very nice win for Piketon....Coach Lisath has had his share of battle with the Punchers from Mifflin , back in the day!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Nice win for the Streaks...they seem to have a good series going. I was able to see last years 84-83 Thriller in the "Oven". Sounded like Mifflin had an outstanding point guard...scoring 42 vs. Linden McKinley Tuesday and 28 last night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a quality "W" for Coach Lisath and the Red Streaks in anyones book ... a road win makes this one that much more important ... Evan Legg's 34 is outstanding considering EVERYONE knows the kid is THE go to guy for Piketon ... great job by the ALL of the PHS boyz in "representing" Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...Legg, Brush,Farmer,Moore & Co...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”