CHS 42 5:25 in 4th

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC play tonight:

Zane Trace 68-49 winners over Paint Valley
Piketon pulls away in the final minute from Adena, 66-59
Unioto loses a big lead, but Nick Corcoran closes out Huntington 56-48 (and stat of the night, Unioto shoots 16-21 from the stripe)

Southeastern is pulling away from Westfall currently. They were up nearly 20 after 3.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield over West Union 69-59

Nice balanced attack by the Lions

Wilson 18 Pts. 12 reb
Montgomery 13 Pts. 13 reb
Hildebrant. 12 Pts
Bates. 11 Pts

18-24 from he line

13 TO
Last edited by cobbtown on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

anyone have an eastern brown at Lynchburg score?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Here you go sparky ...

Eastern Brown 59
Lynchburg Clay 54 final

Still need scores for :

Fairland @ River Valley
St. Joseph @ Raceland
Minford vs South Webster
Philo @ Sheridan

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Finals on the board from tonight's menu of games ...

Logan Elm 65
@ Circleville 51

Jackson 34
@ Logan 65

Fairfield Union 57
vs Hamilton Twp 26

Pt Pleasant 64
Gallia 39

Meigs 57
@ Alexander 47

Eastern Reedsville 41
@ Belpre 48

Northwest 50
@ Oak Hill 61

Chesapeake 39
@ South Point 45

Lucasville Valley 67
@ Wheelersburg 60

Miller 54
@ Waterford 76

Nelsonville York 63
vs Vinton County 80

Athens 73
vs Wellston 58

South Gallia 57
vs Federal Hocking 44

Coal Grove 59
@ Rock Hill 32

Portsmouth West 50
@ Waverly 46

Symmes Valley 66
vs Green 42

Portsmouth East 63
@ Western Pike 76

Eastern Pike 49
@ Portsmouth Clay 43

Paint Valley 48
@ Zane Trace 69

Piketon 66
vs Adena 59

Lynchburg Clay 54
@ Eastern Brown 59

Fairfield Leesburg 69
@ West Union 59

Chillicothe 57
Hillsboro 54

Washington CH 59
Miami Trace 47

McClain 50
East Clinton 40

Southeastern 70
Westfall 53

Unioto 56
Huntington 48

Morgan 36
@ New Lexington 51

Peebles 74
North Adams 39

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 73, Wellston 58

Watson - 22
Lutz - 15
Burrow - 12
Ryan Luehrman - 9
Adam Luehrman - 6
Zacchia Saltzmen - 15

Wellston: Womeldorf - 23, Arthur - 11

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm 65
Circleville 51
final

... Logan Elm traveled to Round Town to take on the Circleville Tigers ... Coach Stiverson's Braves took care of "bidness" with defense and senior guard Dillon Young ... LE let the upstart Tigers know that it isn't their time just yet , all MSL title seekers must go thru Logan Elm ... some napkin stats from Round Town:

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Circleville

Scoring : Will Giffin 16, David Burroughs 13, Justin Hill 9, Kyle Smith 6, Reed Hugus 3, Michael Camp 2, Steers 2

3 Pointers : 3/13 ... Hill, Hugus,Smith 1 each

FT's : 9/13

TO's : 17

... Coach Goodyear has a nice ball club ... Will Giffin is a big inside presence on the boards and can get to the rim when he gets the ball in the paint, lots of quicks on the perimeter led by David Burroughs/Justin Hill ...spoke briefly with bman after the game - I agree bman the Tigers are a work in progress and I see them continuing to improve with every game under the Goodyear system ... I'll get to see the Circleville boys again tomorrow in Rio vs South Point - I look for the Tigers to rebound vs the OVC Pointers ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan Elm

Scoring : Dillon Young 23, Logan Thompson 17, Trent Congrove 10, Ridge Young 9, Casey Tyler 4, Waylon Altrip 2

3 Pointers: 7/19 ... Dillon Young 3, Logan Thompson 3, Ridge Young 1

FTs ... 2/3

TO's ... 9

Dillon Young has matured as a player - which "ain't" good news for LE opponents ... one of the premier scorers in Southern/Southeaster Ohio ... younger brother Ridge WILL be brother incarnated for the next 4 years - good looking player and compliments big brother on the perimeter ... Logan Thompson is a much improved player over last season, confident scorer from the perimeter this season, throw in the both Trent Congrove/Casey Tyler and you have the 3rd best team Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... really looking forward to seeing tomorrow nights matchup between these LE Braves vs the Athens Bulldogs in A'town ... a statement game for BOTH teams ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks for the rundown Floyd ... I'll use those stats for tomorrows broadcast!

I'm pumped ... my SIXTH STRAIGHT BIG SATURDAY GAME dating back to Trimble's first playoff date.

lol

Athens will need to get it together offensively though. Defense looks great. Just have get that ball movement going and maybe get better looks at the basket. Having four 6-foot-4 players on the court kind of allows you to take bad shots however so long as they are crashing the boards.

:)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...what was the Logan-Jackson JV scoe? Heard Logan won. Thanks.

Also looking for Fairland-River Valley.Meigs alexander, and Lincoln County-Spring Valley.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice to see you in a pack house tonight at Roundtown, pfloyd. Very nice effort by the Braves over an up-and-coming Tigers team.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

any info out there on Portsmouths opponent tonight......John Hay?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm sitting at the press table in A'town right now...napkin stats show NO 93dog, NO twizzlers, NO water , NO programs OR rosters!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC results from Saturday

Zane Trace 53-40 over Huntington
Unioto 57-48 over Piketon
Southeastern 68-31 over Paint Valley
Adena 58-56 over Westfall

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm 60
Athens 59 final

...THAT was a GREAT high school basketball game !!! the 2nd week of the season to have 2 TEAMS clash on the hardwood at such a high level - outstanding ... to have a game so early in the season to have such a great impact on the seeding come February WOW! 93dog was right on the money in the post game radio wrap up when he pointed out that both Athens and Warren may have losses on their pocket schedules due to playing the Waterson's/ASVSM/Lucasville Valley's AND add the two losses this week Warren to Portsmouth, tonight's Athen loss to LE ... it is ALL going to play BIG during seeding for the Logan D2 Sectional ...

... Logan Elm looked like they were in midseason form - not surprising as I have seen Logan Elm teams look like they were in midseason form the first game of the season over the years LOL ... Athens had all of the pieces of a team that IS one of the best in Southern Ohio - size, inside outside game, Burrow/Watson as the marque players with the addition of a freshmen PG ( Giffin Lutz) who will continue to grow into another piece to the Bulldog closet full of talent ...yet AHS fell short by 1 point - still rounding into basketball form from a successful football season the Bulldogs did not have ALL cylinders working in hythm as TEAM - ie. the Leuhrman's were non factors at either end of the floor - 6 points for the game offensively ... Zacchia Saltzman had 6 key points in the 2nd half but seemed an afterthought until the 2nd half ... both Joe Burrow and Ibi Watson ARE as advertised - OUTSTANDING ... Ibi is special - smooth as they come, seemingly able to get his shot whenever he wants it ... at times everything clicked for the Bulldogs but it seemed a chore offensively - with individuals needing to get it done rather than TEAM ... with all that said Athens IS one of the elites Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Logan Elm IS hitting on ALL cylinders ... a true pleasure to watch at both ends of the floor - I had the opportunity to see LE take on a very good Circleville team Friday night in Round Town - a 65-51 Braves win ... then again tonight on the road in A'town - both games showed me an outstanding, mature high school basketball TEAM - not blessed with size but a group of seniors that KNOW how to play as a TEAM at both ends of the floor ... no question Dillon Young is the floor general, keeps TEAM LE calm under pressure, hits the key shot or finds the open teammate - both nights LE showed me a group of players who know each other, know where each other is on the floor and trusts each other to score, make the extra pass, help on the defensive end ... great stuff to watch from the cheap seats ... Logan Elm has a team full of guards, ALL can score which is THE biggest difference from last year - Logan Thompson IS a threat offensively, no hesitation as to whether he will take a shot or not , he KNOWS he is going to score ... last season LE offensively was Dillon Young this season it is Dillon young, Logan Thompson, Ridge Young, Trent Congrove, Waylon Altrip ... defensively they ALL work as one, helping, communicating , crashing the boards ... all of this and LE doesn't foul, doesn't turn the ball over , stays calm due to the maturity ... TEAM Logan Elm is a reflection of both Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert on the court ... Logan Elm 60 Athens 59 a final ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Athens

Scoring ... Joe Burrow 23, Ibi Watson 22, Zacchia Saltzman 6, Ryan Leuhrman 4 , Giffin Lutz 2, Adam Leuhrman 2

3 pointers ... 4/7 ... Burrow 2, Watson 2

FT's ... 9/16

TOs ... 16 ... in a close game vs the caliber of team as LE this was the killer stat ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan Elm

Scoring ... Logan Thompson 19, Dillon Young 17, Ridge Young 10, Trent Congrove 8, Waylon Altrip 3, Casey Tyler 2

3 Pointers ... 10/27 ... Dillon Young 3, Thompson 3, Ridge Young 2, Congrove 1, Waltrip 1

FTs ... 8/11

TOs ... 9

... as I said - what a great high school basketball game between 2 of the best in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... glad I was able to be in attendance ... great to catch up to 93dog, Coaches Stiverson, Holbert, Skinner all are class acts among the coaching brethren ... my Convo cheap seat partner Mr McPherson & son ... enjoyed running into all - makes traveling SEO worth the time for sure ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:I'm sitting at the press table in A'town right now...napkin stats show NO 93dog, NO twizzlers, NO water , NO programs OR rosters!!!
Sorry Floyd ... I dropped the ball buddy ... my bad ... lol

EXCELLENT RUNDOWN ON THE GAME. COLDN'T HJAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think its safe to say Logan Elm has earned THE top spot in this weeks top 8. The question is, where does Athens and Warren wind up after being knocked off early on in the season? Regardless, LE, Athens And Warren are three of the best in SEO. Looking forward to the HUGE match up in the TVC Ohio next Friday when the dogs come west on 50 to the Valhalla! Hopefully bulldog lets Dundas share the airwaves with him :)

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”