Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote:If Wellston was playing in their 'real' gym tonight - I may have went down to watch them play Huntington ... I think the Golden Rockets have a real good shot of knocking off the Huntsmen (a.k.a Pfloyd's No. 4B team).
Good quality win for the TVC - nice job Wellston.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Did you stretch before patting?

smzgc03
Riding the Bench

Post by smzgc03 »

Miller 49 Berne Union 46

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Did you stretch before patting?
LOL ... Your killling me here I92

And yes, I took about 10 minutes to stretch, warm-up and even drank a protein shake before patting myself on the back.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Chilli may take a hit, but they will be there at the end,will they be back at full strength anytime soon?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from last night at the Waverly/Pike County Tourney ...

... interesting game as Eastern came out vs the Piketon press and took it to the Streaks of Coach Lisath breaking the full court pressure with 4 layups in a row to go with some nice interior passing that added couple of more baskets At The Rim for the Eagles ... while the Eastern offense was making short order of the Piketon pressure the EHS 2-3 zone gave up but 3 fgs in the opening quarter ... Eastern Pike 17 Piketon 9 after qtr 1 ... in the second qtr Coach Lisath's squad forced 4 TOs mainly of the "unforced" variety but the PHS pressure looked to be getting a little tighter , while the Streak offense was finding a little flow as Zach Farmer/Craigen Moore led the Streaks back into contention while freshman Wyatt Brewster brought PHS all the way back hitting a three ball as time ran out in the period ... Eastern 26 Piketon 26 at intermission ... Somewhere between the end of the 2nd quarter and the beginning of the 3rd the Red and White found a little more quickness and intensity on the defense ... the pressure forced the Eagles to pick up their offensive pace just enough that the Eagles were now out of synch at both ends of the floor - having difficulty now with the PHS full court press, rushing shots, not doing the things that got them a lead and kept them in the game - they lost their inside game, forgot about their BIG inside - Billy Lykins ... the senior CAN finish around the rim but not when the offense goes South ... PHS outscored EHS 19 -6 in the quarter - game, set and match as the 3rd ended Piketon 45 vs Eastern Pike 32 ... the 4th quarter was a wash as Piketon matched - actually one upping the Eagles point wise 22-21 ... with Eastern scoring from the floor , the Streaks did their damage from the line hitting 19 of 25 FTs in the 4th ... Piketon 67 vs Eastern Pike 53 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Eastern ...

Scoring : Billy Lykins 17, Aaron Satterfield 12, Tavares Pickett 12, Chad Lands 7, Blake Roberts 7

3 Pointers : 1/14 ... Satterfield 1

FTs : 12/18

TO's : 19

ATR (At The Rim) : 15 baskets <= Great number right there !!!

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Piketon ...

Scoring : Craigen Moore 28, Zach Farmer 15, Isaac Brabson 10, Jeremy Farmer 6, Wyatt Brewster 5, Colten Williams 2, Collier/Watkins 1 each ...

3 Pointers : 3/11 ... Moore/Za. Farmer/Brewster 1 each

FTs : 27/37

TOs : 14

ATR (At The Rim) : ONLY 7 baskets ... a concerning number to me ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Miller with the "W" last night over Berne Union!!! picks up win #2 which matches their win total for the last 2 seasons combined ... IS this win enough to get the Purple/Black off the End Table ???

... thanks for the score smzgc03 from last night :

Miller 49
Berne Union 46

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They got the win without Abram Floyd, which was a good sign ... The Falcons can still win some games with the players they have ... Hunter Starlin 18 pts versus Berne Union, 6-foot-4 Skylar Hook scores 15 ... Chase Glenaman was the leading scorer in the win over Trimble with 17 ... So they still have some talent to get off 'the end table.'

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Grinder wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
Grinder wrote:I look for Chilli to take a big hit in the rankings this week and drop out of the elite 8. What team will earn the top 8 spot? Will it be a team with 2 loses or will it be a team that only has 1 loss? Can't wait to see how Pfloyd ranks them this week!
Can't see Chillicothe dropping out when you look at the team that have beat them.

I think you have to drop them out with 3 loses and make them earn their way back.

maybe chilli should play a patsy schedule like so many area teams do....just to make their record look good for the tourney draw...and poof from the tourney QUICK...no one in the southeast plays a schedule like chilli.......but guess what, lets see who is more ready for the tourney come seasons end.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No doubt bronc

But for the purpose of these rankings, we know Chillicothe is better than some teams that will be above them.....but 3 losses is two more than a lot of those teams.....beating Warren will jump them back up a lot while a loss won't budge them.

I do however think this Chillicothe team is quite as talented as the past few years....but would imagine they'll face Warren in the district finals for yet another regional berth.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

I have to disagree. I believe Ironton has a tougher schedule.. And PTown dont have an easy schedule either. Chilli does have a tough schedule but I believe these 2 teams do as well from the Southeast

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And likely only Portsmouth, Ironton, Logan Elm, Warren and Peake would have the same record as Chilly does with their schedule....who knows for sure.

Cream will rise.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Pfloyd when will your new poll come out I have been watching for it

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

We'll see how Chillicothe does in the next 2 games. They'll be without leading scorer Zach Johnson who got suspended for the next 2 games after an incident in the last game.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Ironton loses to Chesapeake, 66-69.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 65
Washington CH 63
Overtime

Cole Murray knocked down a game tying 3 at the end of regulation and then Andrew Warner knocked down a go ahead 3 in the final minute of OT. Warner led the Shermans with 24, Murray had 16. Shaw had 22 to lead CH. Hudson North was huge off the bench for Unioto and should be a big time addition.

Unioto is now 6-2 and host Piketon next Friday.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Logan Elm 53
Zane Trace 29 f

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 46 Fairfield Union 41....without Zach Johnson(will be out the Warren game also)..Malik London with a huge night to fuel the Cavs...

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren beats Fort Frye 54-50.
Warren JV's stay undefeated with 50-29 win.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Peebles beats Manchester by 5 in a barnburner.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”