Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5

Post by pfloyd »

... bman - next week at Wellston for 3 days -MIGHT just be hoops overload LOL ... NOW on the positive side with some of the games from this week/weekend being rescheduled on some Thursdays/Mondays/Wednesdays (being usual OFF days for boys hoops) - bman! you may have saved me some $$$$ in prescriptions ... I'm getting the hint of a smile on my wrinkled old face - heck the hairy dogs will be happy ( I'll quit sending them out to practice from beyond the deck to see if they can improve on that .750 performance LOL) ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

When's Logan at Ironton makeup date?
Also:
Chillicothe at Warren Local
Rock Hill at Ironton St. Joe
Eastern Meigs at River Valley
Fairland at River Valley
Coal Grove at Rock Hill

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... jchitwood ... just finished going through the www.wearetheindians.org website - great stuff!!! gives me chills to hear the players, coaches, teachers all talking about the teams, players, coaches from Peebles Hoops History ... outstanding listen and read ... and from your post "surely there's some 8th graders in an outdoor pick up game, right?" - brought back many, many, many memories with just that statement - all of the times when IN WEATHER such as today , shoveling off the outdoor court AND yes playing pickup games - rain, snow, summer, winter. in season, out of season - it didn't matter ... sad that in most cities the pickup game has been replaced by ONLY PLAYING during some type of ORGANIZED program ... I have never been to Peebles BUT I have an inkling that "the pickup game" still IS part of the small town culture that leads to the small town PRIDE that is talked about in "We are the Indians" ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:... jchitwood ... just finished going through the [url]wearetheindians.org[/url] website - great stuff!!! gives me chills to hear the players, coaches, teachers all talking about the teams, players, coaches from Peebles Hoops History ... outstanding listen and read ... and from your post "surely there's some 8th graders in an outdoor pick up game, right?" - brought back many, many, many memories with just that statement - all of the times when IN WEATHER such as today , of shoveling off the outdoor court AND yes playing pickup games - rain, snow, summer, winter. in season, out of season - it didn't matter ... sad that in most cities the pickup game has been replaced by ONLY PLAYING during some type of ORGANIZED program ... I have never been to Peebles BUT I have an inkling that "the pickup game" still IS part of the small town culture that leads to the small town PRIDE that is talked about in "We are the Indians" ...

Absolutely. It seems like every kid in town would always go down to the court behind the restaurants on main street and have a huge tournament during old timers day. Its amazing how some of them have developed as players(Blake Justice-offers from Akron and Albany, Andrew Seaman-very underrated player and should be discussed with some of the best gaurds in SEO, Treg Setty-#4 junior in Kentucky, offers from Ohio U,Miami(OH), Southern Illinois,getting looked at by Kentucky, Oklahoma St.,Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, etc.)

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:... jchitwood ... just finished going through the [url]wearetheindians.org[/url] website - great stuff!!! gives me chills to hear the players, coaches, teachers all talking about the teams, players, coaches from Peebles Hoops History ... outstanding listen and read ... and from your post "surely there's some 8th graders in an outdoor pick up game, right?" - brought back many, many, many memories with just that statement - all of the times when IN WEATHER such as today , of shoveling off the outdoor court AND yes playing pickup games - rain, snow, summer, winter. in season, out of season - it didn't matter ... sad that in most cities the pickup game has been replaced by ONLY PLAYING during some type of ORGANIZED program ... I have never been to Peebles BUT I have an inkling that "the pickup game" still IS part of the small town culture that leads to the small town PRIDE that is talked about in "We are the Indians" ...

means a lot pfloyd, thank you. You should come to P-town for a game this season. We'll throw you a parade.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:

means a lot pfloyd, thank you. You should come to P-town for a game this season. We'll throw you a parade.

And throw in a free bag of our now world famous popcorn :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... parade? popcorn? I'm working on getting the World Famous Purple Hippo put on a t-shirt for use as standard "hs hoops cheap seats attire" when on the Pfloyd Tour this season lol ... as far as making my way to Peebles? you just never know where the "tour" ends up going - heck if I wear the Purple Hippo it might be as good as having a "gate pass" LOL ... thanks for the offers ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

saturday trimble at amanda,ppd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... TribeManiac10/jchitwood ... I've penciled in a Peebles home game vs South Point on 1/23 (a Saturday game) for the Pfloyd Tour ... seems to me that anyone that watches the amount of high school hoops that I do - HAS TO get to Peebles to watch a game ... it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from here in the Hocking Hills ... 91 miles or so ... it's now in the Pfloyd Tour garmen lol ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah man....you really can't get from the SHL to Logan....but Peebles to Jackson is 50 minutes (50 miles on route 32)...and you can get to Jackson in an hour on 93........shouldn't take you 2 1/2 hours that way.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what games are on the Saturday Hoops Menu? and where are they being played? ...

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Pfloyd,
Don't your boys in purple play at Nerk tonight?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Spartan you are correct ... the Purple boyz ARE scheduled to go to Newark - haven't heard any word as to IF the game is still on ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

le at westfall is on. 730pm varsity.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:... TribeManiac10/jchitwood ... I've penciled in a Peebles home game vs South Point on 1/23 (a Saturday game) for the Pfloyd Tour ... seems to me that anyone that watches the amount of high school hoops that I do - HAS TO get to Peebles to watch a game ... it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from here in the Hocking Hills ... 91 miles or so ... it's now in the Pfloyd Tour garmen lol ...

We'll be looking for you. You can pick up a copy of the documentary while you're in town.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sounds like a plan to me jchitwood ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... games that are still on for tonight based in info from WKKJ ...

Boys Basketball
Chillicothe
Pickerington Central

Unioto
Paint Valley

Logan Elm
Westfall

Southeastern
Western Pike

Adena
McClain

Trimble
Amanda

Bloom Carroll
Madison Plains

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pickerington Central 46
Chillicothe 37

Greenfield McClain 58
Adena 30

Southeastern Ross 75
Western Pike 52

Eastern Pike 74
Portsmouth Clay 53

Miami Trace 75
Lynchburg Clay 58

Hillsboro 73
Western Brown 55

Newark 92
Logan 69

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... somewhere I found that Miami Trace vs Lynchburg Clay score BUT for whatever reason I can't find it again! that one is a tentative score until I can verify it - sorry - wrote it down as I came upon it SOMEWHERE on the puter just can't find it again in a double check ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... in the Logan @ Newark game ... Logan shot a miserable 18% from the floor in the first quarter while the Wildcats of Newark blistered the nets at 96% taking a 28-5 lead over the Purple ... they never looked back ... Newark improved to 4-6 on the season while Logan falls to 2-4 ... on the bright side Logan was led in scoring by Patrick Angles 22 points (playing in his 2nd game since his return from a football related knee injury) ... Logan as a team was 20 for 71 for the game from the field ... if my high school math is correct that would be 28% for the game ... Newark picked up its 1442nd win in school history ...

Newark _28 ... 50 ... 80 ... 92
Logan __ 05 ... 30 ... 54 ... 69 a final ...

... for Jottings ...

Logan JV 38
Newark JV 45

Newark won the freshmen game as well by 18 points ... D1 Logan goes 0-3 vs a D1 program tonight at Newark ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”