Gallipolis 33
Portsmouth 17

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by pfloyd »

Piketon 71
Zane Trace 66 OT

... SVC Battle of heavy weights in Kinnikinnick tonight ended with the Red Streaks upper classmen experience/composure outlasting the young gun backcourt of the Coach Alley's Pioneers 71-66 in OT ... both teams showed quarters of excellent basketball at both ends of the floor - showing the ability to get to the rim while opening the floor with long range threes but as in most sporting events experience DOES matter as Piketons senior leadership of Isaac Brabson/Zach Farmer/Colten Williams/Craigen Moore brought PHS back from a 36-47 4th quarter deficit combining for 20 of the Red streaks 23 4th quarter points to tie the game at 58-58 after regulation ... during the 4th quarter offensive run by Piketon the Zane Trace inexperience on the perimeter helped fuel the PHS comeback by turning the ball over 7 times in the quarter - inexperience showed itself in ZT's lack of patience/TOs/inability to get the ball to the Big Man in the Middle - Wes Beam ... OT was all Piketon as the Red Streaks outscored the Pioneers 13-8 ... Piketon 71 Zane Trace 66 OT final ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Zane Trace

Scoring : Pierce Mowery 10, Wes Beam 21, Conner Smith 14, Eric Hutton 4, Tyler Hinty 11,Nate Mettler 2, Trey Rittenhouse 4
3 Pointers : 3/16 ... Mowery 2, Hinty 1
FT's : 9/16
TO's : 16 ... 7 TOs in the 4th quarter fueled the PHS comeback ... all were forced TOs either on the perimeter vs PHS pressure or forcing poor entry passes into the post ...

... ZT had one of the best 3rd quarters of the season in staking themselves to the 47-36 lead - defensively ZT forced 6 PHS TOs holding Piketon to 1 fg in the quarter while outscoring PHS 24-5 ... loss of composure on the perimeter in the 4th turned this one around along with 5/10 FT shooting ... ZT has quality players in Conner Smith/Tyler Hinty/ Wes Beam IS MONEY when he gets touches - in the decisive 4th quarter Beam had 1 touch - not near enough for the best big man on the court in most of the games he will play this season ...

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Piketon

Scoring : Isaac Brabson 10, Craigen Moore 9, Zach Farmer 20, Jeremy Farmer 4, Wyatt Brewster 11, Aaron Southworth 6, Colten Williams 11
3 pointers : 5/16 ... Brabson 1, Zach Farmer 3, Brewster 1
FT's : 11/22
TOs : 12 ... 6 TOs in the 3rd quarter helped ZT jump out to the 47-36 lead at the end of three

... Piketon has the upper classmen experience to keep themselves in games and get themselves back into games - it showed tonight as PHS weathered the ZT 3rd quarter scoring onslaught of 24 points/shook off the 6 TOs that held their own scoring to but 1 fg in the same quarter ... senior experience/composure/patience picked up the "W" tonight vs a very game Zane Trace squad ... Piketon goes up against an equally senior laden team in Vinton County Saturday night at the Chillicothe OU branch ... should be an interesting matchup ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

good run-down Floyd.

FYI ... who is in the third place in the TVC-Hocking? and ... only 1/2 game out of 2nd ...and ... only 1 game back in the loss column of 1st place Fed Hock?

THE MILLER FALCONS!!!!

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Miller has 2 wins out of their last 3 games since getting back to full strength ... you said keep an eye on the Falcons in the preseason 93dog I suppose we have to listen to at least half of what you have to say anyway LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... Miller has 2 wins out of their last 3 games since getting back to full strength ... you said keep an eye on the Falcons in the preseason 93dog I suppose we have to listen to at least half of what you have to say anyway LOL ...

lol ... just half? I was thinking at least 3/4.

I really like the sophomore out in Hemlock, 6-foot-2 Elijah Rader, he's a ball player ... scored 32 the other night versus South Gallia. The Falcons center is no slouch either - he's been putting up good numbers all season, including 23 against Max Carney and the Federal Hocking Lancers ... and senior Trent Abram is maybe the best pure shooter I've seen all year - and I've been to a TON of games.

Miller just lacks depth and confidence ... but if they start winning games and maybe build up some confidence - I think they can at least finish above .500 and make a run at the Convo in that somewhat weak DIV sectional down at Meigs.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Scores from 1/4 :

Athens 71
Nelsonville York 47

Alexander 59
Wellston 61

Vinton County 59
Meigs 24

Reedsville Eastern 46
Miller 78

Federal Hocking 43
Waterford 35

Belpre 53
Wahama 46

Trimble 66
Southern 50

South Gallia 42
Buffalo, WVA 50

Fatetteville 46
Eastern Brown 59

Ripley 59
Fairfield Leesburg 77

Peebles 90
West Union 69

Lynchburg Clay 57
Whiteoak 67

Unioto 45
Adena 52

Southeastern 53
Huntington 47

Paint Valley 53
Westfall 63

Piketon 71
Zane Trace 66 OT

Warren 72
Chillicothe 46

Portsmouth 59
Gallia 54

Jackson 33
Logan 68 ... Tristan Myers rings up 31 pts for the Purple

Wheelersburg 49
South Webster 61

Portsmouth West 76
Valley 78

Minford 71
Northwest 43

Waverly 52
Oak Hill 50

Green 28
Notre Dame 54

New Boston 53
Western Pike 58

Portsmouth East 41
Portsmouth Clay 39

Eastern Pike 56
Symmes Valley 42

Coal Grove 53
River Valley 36

Chesapeake 60
Fairland 63

South Point 65
Rock Hill 56

Circleville 39
Amanda CC 37

Fairfield Union 51
Hamilton Twp 52

Logan Elm 45
Bloom Carroll 85

New Lexington 64
Crooksville 53

Morgan 26
Sheridan 62

Washington CH 41
McClain 36

Miami Trace 68
East Clinton 49

Madison Plains 60
Hillsboro 49

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Should see a little shake up . Oak Hill losses to Waverly, Zane Trace lost to Piketon . At this point of the year the Waverly game is a huge upset last week they lost 2 senior starter one 6'5 the other 6'3 .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

1/4:

Athens @ Nelsonville York ... Athens cruises 71-47
Alexander vs Wellston
Vinton County vs Meigs ... VC leaves no doubt VC 59 Meigs 24
Reedsville Eastern @ Miller
Federal Hocking @ Waterford ... Coach Howie & Lancers gets good road "W" 43-35
Belpre @ Wahama
Trimble vs Southern
South Gallia vs Buffalo WVa
Fayetteville @ Eastern Brown ... Coach Buecler's boyz are solid with 59-46 win over a good Fayetteville team
Ripley @ Leesburg Fairfield
Peebles @ West Union
Lynchburg Clay @ Whiteoak
Unioto @ Adena ... Adena surprises with the 52-45 win over the Shermans
Southeastern @ Huntington
Paint Valley @ Westfall
Piketon @ Zane Trace ... PHS road win in OT 71-66
Warren vs Chillicothe ... Warriors prove they ARE "the TEAM" in the SEOAL 72-46 "W"
Portsmouth @ Gallia
Jackson @ Logan
Wheelersburg vs South Webster... Jeeps make a statement for being in Elite 8 this week with 61-49 win over the Burg
Portsmouth West @ Valley... Valley holds off a very good West Senator squad 78-76 at home ...
Minford vs Northwest
Waverly vs Oak Hill ... Tigers get their HART back with 52-50 win over previously unbeaten Oak Hill
Green vs Ports Notre Dame
New Boston vs Western Pike
Portsmouth East vs Portsmouth Clay
Eastern Pike @ Symmes Valley... Eagles keep rolling with a road win over Symmes Valley 56-42
Coal Grove @ River Valley
Chesapeake @ Fairland... a new sheriff in the OVC as Fairland defends its home turf beating the 'peak 63-60
South Point vs Rock Hill
Circleville vs Amanda CC
Fairfield Union vs Hamilton Twp.
Logan Elm @ Bloom Carroll... BC shows its #1 in the state with an 83-45 thrashing of Elite 8 Logan Elm
New Lexington @ Crooksville
Morgan @ Sheridan

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

is it Tuesday yet?

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing 93dog ... Athens vs Warren ...TVC Elite vs SEOAL Elite ... at Athens ... both teams on a roll ... doesn't get any better than Tuesday nights matchup ...

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I've never been to Athens basketball court. How do you get there when coming from Belpre? I know you go up 33, but do you continue on to the Plains?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its not just TVC vs SEOAL ... the Logan sectional has almost become its own 'league' during the season lately ... this year: Vinton County loses to Logan Elm ... Athens beat Logan Elm ... Athens plays Warren ... Athens will play Vinton County once before the draw (game two will be after) ... Warren plays Marietta ... Logan Elm plays Fairfield Union twice ... Athens beat Gallia and New Lex ... its a big merry-go-around between alot of the teams in the DII sectional at Jim Myers Gymnasium ... how do you do versus the top teams is important ... what kind of impression did you make against the middle tier teams ... etc ... etc ...

IMO, from an Athens standpoint - its a three game playoff for the No. 1 seed ... at Logan Elm, vs Warren, vs Vinton County ... the 'Dogs are 1-0 thus far with two big match-ups left.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Schnellfritz wrote:I've never been to Athens basketball court. How do you get there when coming from Belpre? I know you go up 33, but do you continue on to the Plains?
don't go all the way to The Plains ... come up 33 like your going to The Plains though, but take the left when you see The Athens Messenger building up on the hill on your left ... it will be the 'Johnson road' exit ... you can't miss it - it will take you right into the back of the school where the football field is.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Oh and Floyed you have to try the hot soda with sauce here in at the "NEST" in Beaver. Ill be keeping book for the Eagels swing by and say hello.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

lightle04 - will do !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Add South Gallia at Eastern to your list Floyd for tonight ...

its a make-up game.

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

Pfloyd, Hope you are doing well. You do such a great job keeping us in touch with the SE district. You are right about Miami Trace. They have lost a couple of close ones but have been without their leading scorer for about two weeks and I feel they probably would have won with him. Not taking anything away from the teams they lost to, but he is 6"4" and a real difference maker. You are in our prayers.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

I've been high on Miami Trace ever since I saw them, and with Pettiford back they were impressive last night so I am told. They are big, fast, strong, and extremely aggressive. They are a FORCE no doubt, would handle most teams in the Southeast I truly believe, and I have 100% no ties to Trace

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Piketon loses to Vinton and Webster loses to East crazy early season games.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”