Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
beaverlover
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 3

Post by beaverlover »

futurebkstar wrote:I think this is Meigs Sectional standings in no particular order.

Waterford 6-1
Symmes Valley 5-1
South Gallia 5-2
Southern 4-2
Trimble 2-1
Eastern Pike 5-4
Ironton St. Joe 5-5
Miller 3-6
South webster 2-6
Reedsville 0-7
Green 0-9
Eastern Pike is 4-4 although would like the extra win ;-)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Portsmouth goes 3-0 to win their bracket of the KSA tourney in Florida ... both Logan Elm and Athens picked up their 2nd wins to claim 3rd place honors in their brackets as well WHILE the Lady Bulldogs went 3-0 to lay claim as champs on the ladies side of a bracket as well ... my calculations show

SEO 10
USA 2 ...

... 2 championships, 2 third place showings = Life is Good ... Basketball is Good in SEO ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Congratulations to all 4 teams on their Southern Swing success over the holidays - Athens boys & girls, Portsmouth and Logan Elm ...

... the new Pfloyd's Elite 8 will come out later tonight after the Monday 12/30th games are played out ... the holiday season - gotta love it !!! :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens - 68
Shawnee - 60

Watson - 30 points
Burrow - 21 points

Athens finishes 3rd.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Portsmouth would have to take a big leap up the Elite Eight after that outstanding performance it had down there in Florida, especially beating a team like Liberty Christian.
Last edited by bman on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Nice job by the Trojans, Braves and both Bulldogs teams down in the Sunshine State. Four good teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman where in Circleville will the Washington CH game be played this Thursday night (1/2/14) ? ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

VERY PROUD OF THE TROJANS ON WINNING THE KSA TOURNAMENT!!!

I think the notion that Portsmouth will have trouble with teams with size can be put to rest........they have beaten Warren, with 6-6, 6-5, 6-4, beaten Logan, with 6-8 Kevin Fisher, beaten Cinnaminson (NJ), with a couple of 6-5 kids, and now have beaten Liberty Christian, with 7-4, 6-10, 6-7, 6-6, 6-5, and 6-4. The Trojans have shown the ability which has been there all along that they can compete and win even though they may be at a size disadvantage.

I also think the Trojans deserve a huge rise in pfloyd's Elite 8 (previously #13). Right now, I don't think any school in the SE district has more quality wins than PHS. Yes, the South Point game was an ugly loss, and the Pointers get all the credit for that win. I have already stated that Cleveland John Hay could beat anyone in the SE District, and the Trojans took them to OT. I feel Portsmouth's 6 wins should be rewarded more than them being penalized for the 2 losses.

Owen County, KY had a record of 7-1 going into the PHS game, and had beaten Region 8 #1 team Henry County 57-40, which was Henry County's only loss on a 10-1 record. Congratulations to Logan Elm on their win over Owen County, and also for the first game victory.......also a salute to the Athens Bulldogs boys/girls as well for playing a competitive tournament as well. The SE District displayed some quality basketball in the Sunshine State.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 game results out on this Monday night 12/30/13 ...

Warren vs Wheeling Park
Sheridan @ Pickerington North
South Point @ St Joes (Huntington W Va)

... updates on the Warren game were coming on a separate thread , got nothing on the other 2 games ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley 71
Williamsburg 68

Three straight non conference wins for the Bearcats as they head into 2014, including 2 very good road wins. Congrats to Coach Shoemaker and the Bearcats on a good end to 2013.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... anyone have anything on :

Sheridan @ Pickerington North ?

or

South Point @ Huntington St Joe ?

... the only scores I am missing to put the last pieces in the rankings for the Week that IS Week #4 ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 60 Rock Hill 56
GAHS led 19-6 after one, but Redmen rallied to take a 34-33 lead midway in the third and led 50-47 with 3:35 lert to play before Gallians rallied for 60-56 win, the Blue Devils 5th in a row.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pick North wins 49-40 over Sheridan

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks for the scores I didn't have jottings (didn't even know Gallia was playing Rock Hill today- thanks) ... daniC - thanks for that Sheridan @ Pic North score ... I'll go with what I have then for this past weeks games was trying to use the New Years break as a cut off this past week knowing Warren/Athens/Logan Elm/ Portsmouth were playing today/tonight along with Logan/Sheridan/South Point/didn't know about Paint Valley or Gallia Academy/Rock Hill ... give me 10 minutes and I'll have the new rankings up for the week that WAS Week #4 in SEO hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

St. Joe over South Point in OT most exciting game I have seen in a long time. SP goes up on the 3 by John Johnson with 2.4 sec in OT. ST Joe inbounds it an banks in a 3 with one ref saying no basket. Next thing I see are the refs running off the court game over???? Great game nonetheless~ St.Joe is not 8-0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks osumufan ... I'll update the South Point record ... I REALLY like the Pointers even with a 2-4 record they are a top 16 ball club ... thanks again ...

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

pfloyd wrote:... thanks osumufan ... I'll update the South Point record ... I REALLY like the Pointers even with a 2-4 record they are a top 16 ball club ... thanks again ...

You're welcome! can't remember the score though! lol They are playing much better and the starting lineup has changed since the first few games.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”