Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 6th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 6th

Post by pfloyd »

... the first week in 08 saw both Zanesville and Chillicothe flex their muscle with Zanesville taking a twinbill - beating Jackson and Wheeling Park W.Va on back to back nights while Chillicothe crushed SEOAL opponent Logan 76-41 ... Huntington (10-0) moved to double figure wins by getting by 2-8 Unioto 49-38 ... last weeks #3's North Adams and Fairland both added "L's" to their handy dandy pocket schedules with North Adams losing to 8-2 Ripley 69-58 to drop to 11-1 ... Fairland hosted in-league foe South Point in THE game of the WEEK that WAS with the Pointers winning on a last second shot for the 2nd game in a row (both shots by Beau Weed) 72-71 SP over Fairland (9-1) ... #4 Vinton County showed they won't be happy in the 4 spot as the Vikings picked up 2 wins - stopping the Meigs win streak at 3 games 69-57 before going into Waverly to beat the hapless (2-7) Tigers 52-39 to push their own record to 11-1 on the season ... Coach Persin led his Oak Hill boyz against the South Webster Jeeps with OHHS getting the 59-41 decision to move to a fine 10-1 after week one of 2008 ... one of the most consistent teams in Southern Ohio, the Wheelersburg Pirates, have continued to improve in ALL phases of the game ... led by seniors Drew Spradlin / Matt Jenkins the Burg is playing outstanding defense giving up less than 40 ppg this past week in their 2 wins (58-38 vs Ports. West/ 71-41 vs Portsmouth HS) ... Coach Barrick's Pirates may be playing the best hoops in Southern Ohio at 8-2 ... last weeks #7 South Point played but one game in the WEEK that WAS but what a game - traveling into Fairland and beating the Dragons on their home court 72-71 ... the Pointers remain undefeated at 9-0 ... last weeks final spot in the Elite 8 was held down by the Logan Elm Braves ... Coach Stiverson's boyz did what's necessary to remain in the top list - winning ... LE achieved their defensive goal by holding their opponent under 50 ... the Braves beat Amanda 75-48 to hold serve in the Elite 8 ....

... a short recap of last weeks top 8 spot holders ... with the losses we definitely had movement up and down the list ... let's take a look at Pfloyd's Elite 8 after the first week in January ...

Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

1. Zanesville 10-0 / Chillicothe 7-1

2. Huntington 10-0

3. Vinton County 11-1 / Oak Hill 10-1

4. Wheelersburg 8-2

5. South Point 9-0

6. North Adams 11-1 / Fairland 9-1

7. Logan Elm 7-3

8. Chesapeake 8-1
... we welcome the 'Peake to the Elite 8 after the Panthers picked up win number 8 in a row on the season beating Coal Grove 76-39 ... will CHS have the staying power to remain in the Elite list ? a BIG test as the Panthers take on current #5 South Point Tuesday night Jan. 8th ...

Treehugger Wannabees ...

Warren 7-2
Greenfield McClain 9-2
Piketon 8-2
Adena 6-3
Federal Hocking 7-3

Washington Courthouse 6-4 ... "the House" played Jonathan Alder last week but I have no results on that one ... b618 says Alder got the W ...

Circleville 7-4
Fairfield Union 7-5
Waterford 6-2
Minford 6-4
Southern 7-4
Alexander 6-4
Western Pike 6-3
Lynchburg Clay 7-3
New Boston 6-2
Symmes Valley 6-3
Ironton 4-4
Northwest 6-4
Rock Hill 5-5
Logan 5-5
Coal Grove 5-5
Portsmouth 5-6

Teams on the End Table ...

Marietta 4-6
Belpre 6-6
Reedsville Eastern 4-5
Portsmouth East 5-5
WhiteOak 5-5
Zane Trace 4-6
West Union 4-7
Unioto 2-8

... as usual please feel free to "trash on the lists" ... correct any mistakes to keep my committee of one - me - accurate ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Nice job as usual Pfloyd.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

nice

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

House fell 50-31 I believe. Circleville is 7-4 overall.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Nice. . . . Good lookin list.

I noticed some teams dropped off the whole list. Wasnt measuring up tp your expectatations?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I really like the list. But what does Piketon have to do to crack the Elite 8?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... b618 ... fixed those two records ... thanks

... 4sporterEHS ... had to drop Hillsboro - 2 more losses last week ... River Valley went to 3-6 with their loss to Rock Hill ... I could probably keep them all listed but I have to draw the line somewhere ... I still have the teams on napkin stat sheets - Paint Valley 4-6/Westfall 4-6/Valley 3-6/Meigs 3-7/ Waverly 2-7 ... they will all appear again in the near future I'm sure ... Unioto??? 2-8 the Shermans are the best 2-8 in Southern Ohio ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... sports 101 ... the Streaks of Coach Lisath need to keep on keepin' on - W's ... PHS has a stretch @ Ironton (19th), vs Huntington (25th), vs Cols. Mifflin (26th) that will defiinitely give them a boost ... holding serve vs Itown and C'bus while beating #2 Huntington would get 'em there I'd think ...

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Nice work pfloyd... I've seen most of Chesapeake's games, but still am a little mystified by them .. They look very good at times, and a little ragged at other times.. They play excellent defense, but lack size. If they had a good big man, they would be right at the top............ but.............have to go with what we've got.. ...Will know more after their game with South Point... Should be a very interesting week.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

pfloyd, that stretch for Piketon is a doozy IMO. I joked with Coach Stanley about these 3 games coming up. If the Streaks can win 1 or 2 would be a big step in maturing for Piketon. Who would ever have thought that a Piketon vs. Mifllin matchup would happen?

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I agree that Logan Elm is a good team, but if Adena beat them and Piketon beat Adena. How is Logan Elm still in the top 8?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sports- That logic never holds up.

I'll trust pfloyd, as he has seen both teams play and it is opinion.

Piketon has had a very good season so far and will continue to have success, but I don't see them as a top 8 team in the district just yet. I can see them making a run at a district title though.

BTW, if you look at it, Logan Elm is technically 10th, LOL.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

eagles- I agree about the Mifflin matchup. But, at Unioto, Coach Lisath has his teams play Columbus Briggs twice. That's a school that I didn't think we would ever see at Unioto. So, I definetly know where you are coming from there!

Good luck against the Punchers, LOL.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

danicacalifornia, you know when that Mifflin bus turns off of rt 23 into the village they will be like, where the heck are we! lol

sports101, if that logic holds up then greenfield should be in front of all three teams seeing as they beat Adena and Piketon.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Thats true eagles. I guess I want to see my streaks in the elite 8 really bad!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I know SP beat Fairland, can anyone tell me who else they have played this year? Impressive to have an undefeated season at this point whoever is on the schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It looks good pfloyd. I would pick Warren to win over several of the teams above them....but they haven't the record or significant wins to do so.

It seems as if Burg is better than Oak Hill right now...but Oak Hill won in the last seconds of that matchup and Burg will get their chance soon.

Some SHL things....Lynchburg as reported by the Hillsboro Gazette is 7-3 and not 5-3.

You dropped of Hillsboro (which you should),,,,but Leesburg Fairfield is now 5-6 and beat D2 Hillsboro and played within 5 of D2 Greenfield McClain.

Also..Manchester should be listed somewhere on that list....something like 6-4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Tuesday Night Menu for Southern/Southeastern Ohio

Post by pfloyd »

...some of the games on - Tuesday Night's Menu

Federal Hocking
@Meigs

Chillicothe
vs Gallia Academy

Warren Local
vs Marietta

Logan
@Athens

South Webster
@Minford

Jackson
vs Ironton

South Point
vs Chesapeake

Alexander
@ Belpre

Wheelersburg
@Valley

Western Pike
@Portsmouth East

Fairland
@ River Valley

Huntington
@ Adena

Unioto
@ Paint Valley

Southeastern
Piketon

Westfall
@ Zane Trace

Oak Hill
@ Northwest

Southern
@ Trimble

Wahamma
@ Reedsville Eastern

Coal Grove
@ Rock Hill

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Hopefully the Panthers can continue their winning ways and stay in the top 8. Let's go Peake. Beat SP and Fairland this week and show Pfloyd that we are worthy!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

17 unanswered points by LSU !!! uuuuggggggggh!!!!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”