Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 13th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 13th

Post by pfloyd »

... last weeks top two teams each played games "in league" and one game "out of league on a neutral court" AND vs competition from Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... who blinked ??? both Zanesville and Chillicothe took care of "bidness" vs SEOAL foes with the Blue Devils of ZHS doubling up on Ironton 51-25 while Chillicothe warmed up for Newark at Value City Arena by taking down Gallia Academy 85-30 and Marietta 63-51 ... Saturdays first two games at VCA in C'bus showcased Southern Ohio's two best teams vs an undefeated, ranked #4 in the state Warren Harding HS vs the 'ville ... ZHS played the big boyz even up through 31 minutes and 58 seconds before a well defended "airballed 3 point putback" turned certain OT into the first "L" of the season for Coach Aronhalt's Devils 58-60 ... next up at the VCA had Anthony Hitchens, Ray Chambers & Co. taking on a Newark team that had been beaten previously by Zanesville but winners vs highly touted Canal Winchester a couple of weeks prior ... the verdict was a convincing 59-53 Cavs win .... the Huntington Huntsmen found the going getting tougher in the SVC as the Kelloughs edged Adena 56-54 before losing on the road at Zane Trace 55-53 ... Vinton County beat up on county rival Wellston 77-45 in their only game in the Week that Was ... co-number 3 from last week Oak Hill picked up 2 more wins 62-45 over Northwest before a close encounter of the basketball kind - a 58-56 escape from the Tigers of Waverly ... South Point continued putting "Ws" on their pocket schedules taking care of up start Chesapeake 75-61 and Rock Hill by 18 a 68-50 final ... last weeks number sixes? North Adams hammered Fayetteville 80-42 to move to 12-1 while Fairland had a 1-1 week beating a backpeddling River Valley team 76-57 before losing to the Panthers of Chesapeake 88-77 ... Logan Elm beat MSL rival Bloom Carroll 52-42 ... then ratcheted up their schedule by taking on D1 Westland - Largent/Congrove/Blakes squared led the Braves of Coach Stiverson to a 62-55 win ... finally last weeks #8 Chespeake took on 2 teams in the Elite 8 - South Point and Fairland ... the Panthers earned a split - losing to undefeated South Point 75-61 before picking up the spare an 88-77 win over then #6 Fairland ...

... in total we had 4 "L's" to put on our pocket schedules for the Elite 8 from the Week that Was ... how did the "L's" effect the lineup in the Week that IS? ... let's take a look at who was left standing, who was left behind ...

Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio

1. Chillicothe 10-1/ Zanesville 11-1

2. Vinton County 12-1

3. Huntington 11-1 / Oak Hill 12-1

4. Wheelersburg 9-2

5. South Point 11-0

6. North Adams 12-1

7. Logan Elm 9-3

8. Chesapeake 10-2/Fairland 10-2

Treehugger Wannabees

Warren Local 9-2
Greenfield McClain 11-2
Circleville 9-4
Piketon 9-3
Lynchburg Clay 8-3
Washington CH 7-5
Adena 6-5
Federal Hocking 8-4
Fairfield Union 7-6
Minford 8-4
Waterford 7-2
Portsmouth East 8-4
New Boston 7-3
Symmes Valley 8-3
Western Pike 7-5
Logan 7-5
Ironton 5-5
Northwest 6-5
Belpre 7-6
Zane Trace 6-6
Alexander 6-6
Southern 8-5
Rock Hill 6-6

End Table Teams

Portsmouth 6-6
Westfall 6-6
Coal Grove 6-6
Portsmouth West 5-6
West Union 5-8
WhiteOak 5-7
Reedsville Eastern 4-7
Marietta 4-8
Unioto 3-9
Southeastern

... the second week of the 08 portion of the season is in the books ... most teams have less than half of their games left on their schedules yet to play ... if you listen closely as your teams are being announced in the pre-game ... it's faint BUT it is definitely in the background "you don't need a clock here at the Convo to tell you what time it is .... it's basketball thirty here at the Convo !!!" ... it's faint but definitely there ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Pfloyd, with the win last night at Alexander, Peake is now 10-2.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... there will be more numbers that need "tweaked" I'm sure ...

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

pfloyd,
The Oak Hill-Waverly game was at Oak Hill.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks tiger balla ...

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Good job, as usual, pfloyd.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Great job as usual pfloyd. One note from the Northwest from last night was an 80-48 Westfall win over Amanda to raise the Mustangs to an even 6-6. Boring 23, Burleson 18 and Gibson 13 for Westfall.

I really enjoyed watching Zville, Chilli and taking in another LE basketball game. A very enjoyable day of basketball. Zville has some nice fellas in the paint with Aronhalt and Prati and the Harris' are a nice tandem outside. Like to see them when Aronhalt is on his game to go with the rest of the weapons. Humpty is so smooth for Chilli and I haven't seen anyone inside able to handle Sugar Ray thus far. It's going to be an OUTSTANDING matchup when Chilli and the Ville hook up. These are the two best teams I've seen thus far but Canal Winchester is coming together. A one-point loss against a very good Cincinnati Withrow team.

Here are some games this week around the "Northwest".

Logan Elm 9-3, 6-1 MSL - vs. 8-4 Hamilton Township Tuesday and @ 6-6 Teays Valley Saturday
Circleville 9-4, 5-2 - @ 4-8 Bloom-Carroll Tuesday (Carroll is having a "down" year but just posted a solid win over 9-3 Granville and has also played several OCC teams extremely tough. This is one of those never easy road games) and then vs. 2-8 Amanda Saturday.
Fairfield Union 7-6, 2-5 - @ 2-8 Amanda Tuesday and vs. 10-2 Canal Winchester Saturday.
Westfall 6-6, 4-3 SVC - vs. 4-8 Paint Valley Friday.

There you have it from the Northwest. A good game Tuesday with the Braves welcoming Hammy to the reservation. Then Saturday LE travels to Teays Valley while Fairfield entertains Canal.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Very well done again Pfloyd. Nice work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

b618 - good information from the Northwest Territories ... it's ALWAYS good to see LE from the cheap seats no matter who they are playing ... Coach Stiverson has his teams prepared for the "big boys" better than any coach I've seen in a long time - he has them prepared and those kids know how to execute ... Roundtown is having a very good year on the hardwood - haven't had the opportunity to see them play this year ... Hamilton Twp. is a very scary ball club if I'm an opposing coach trying to prep for those guys - strong and athletic they are ... good to see FU getting a break this week LOL with Amanda followed by the 7 footer Mullens & Canal - no breaks for the weary apparently ... I'm sure Coach Barr will have his boyz ready to play ...

... we'll be looking for your updates throughout the week b618 - thanks for your insight when it comes to putting the Elite 8 together - I do read all the info out there - it's greatly appreciated - IF your stuff and others aren't out there the Elite 8 doesn't get done - at least it wouldn't be worth the read anyway imo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... could be a big moving week for the Wheelersburg Pirates as they take on a good Minford team as well as #3 Oak Hill - both on the Hill at the Burg ... good stuff right there I don't care who you are - not many cheap seats better than that this week ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... was glancing at my handy dandy SEOAL pocket schedule ... the Warren Warriors (9-2) have a bear of a week as they are AT Zanesville 1/15, followed by AT Chillicothe 1/18 AND if that "ain't" killer enough how about finishing the Week that IS with an in county rivalry game with Belpre !!!??? ... wow ... no sleep for Coach Maddox this week - good luck to you and your Warriors this week coach ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was thinking WCH was 8-4

Is Minford really 8-4?

South Point playing the role of Kansas in college football

I don't know and haven't checked...but has Vinton County, Huntington and Oak Hill played a tougher schedule with better wins thus far than Point?

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Southern is now 8-5.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

This week the Tartans take on Eastern Pike tuesday, New Boston Friday and West saturday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ...I had Minford at 6-4 coming into this week ... they picked up wins vs So. Webster , vs Northwest this past week ... Washington CH was 6-4 on my books before this weeks 1-1 finish beat an undefeated Madison Plains squad and lost to McClain by a 44-43 score ... 7-5 ...

OVClocal
Freshman Team

Post by OVClocal »

Hey Ironman...bad choice of words.....River Valley Beat Oak Hill, and SP beat River Valley, also there are 3 Ohio Valley Conference teams in the top 8, also i know that VC beat Alexander, as did Chesapeake and SP beat chesapeake.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You have WCH at 8-3 pfloyd.

OVC local......bad choice of interpretation.

South Point...like Kansas in football is not getting the respect at this point in the season...but like Kansas will get the chance to prove it.

I said I didn't know...help me out....who has South Point beaten thus far....

I was trying to point out that I think SP, VC, Hunt and Oak Hill have played a similar strength of schedule....

and for what it's worth I'd have SP at #2 after taking down Fairland and beating Peake by a good margin....not too mention Peake's strong showing this season

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

the House has been brought down to earth at 7-5 ... thanks I92 ... lots of numbers on all these napkins along with mustard and ketsup stains too LOL ... all kinds of things running together lol ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No worry pfloyd....you keep doing great work on 99.8% of this stuff and the rest of us will fill in the remaining .2 %

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Again..Manchester is getting snubbed as they are leading eth SHL small schools, just defeated Western Pike and are over .500 by at least 2 or 3 games.

Do you have Eastern Brown's record?

I think they might be 7-6...and better than some of the teams mentioned above.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”