Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 20th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 20th

Post by pfloyd »

... Southern/SouthEast Ohio's top 3 teams all picked up W's in the Week that Was while staying away from adding any "L's" in the loss column ... Chillicothe went 3-0 on the week, finishing up with a big time win over the #1 Division II team in Ohio Dayton Dunbar 70-62 ... led by "All World" PG Humpty Hitchens 31 points and OU bound Ray Chambers the Cavs looked to put more separation between themselves and Zanesville ... the 'Ville manhandled their "in league" SEOAL competition beating Warren 73-41 before pushing aside Gallia Academy 70-34 ... BOTH Chillicothe and Zanesville will finally get to show their wares vs EACH OTHER as Chillicothe travels to Zanesville for THE GAME of the Year in Southern Ohio (Round 1) on Friday this week ... the question is "will they play? or will they save it for the Day of Champions yet again?? it IS supposed to snow LOL ... Vinton County picked up win number 13 by humiliating Nelsonville York 103-48 as Dustin Guthrie closed in on the 1000 Point Club after his 25 point effort vs NY ... Huntington HS took on late season upstart Southeastern ... the Huntsmen came away with a 64-42 win ... Oak Hill with head man Coach Persin minus Casey Love ... split games on the week beating Lucasville Valley 65-43 before taking on annual Elite 8 member Wheelersburg at the 'burg ... the Pirates for their part beat an improved Minford Falcon team 62-40 as a lead up to the Wheelersburg vs Oak Hill rematch ... this one saw the defensive minded Coach Barrick Pirates shutdown the Oak Hill boyz ... holding OHHS to just 35 points as Wheelersburg gets the W 48-35 over Oak Hill ... South Point continued to impress with both the offense and the defense as the Pointers downed Coal Grove 58-28 to go to 13-0 on the season ... North Adams played only one game in the Week that Was as well beating up on a good Manchester ball club 75-48 to get to 13 wins vs only 1 loss ... Coach Stiverson's Logan Elm Braves saw the world from both sides as they opened the week playing their best all around game of the season putting a beat down on a very good Hamilton Twp. ball club 81-49 before wrapping up the week with a very "un-Braves-like" - 21 TO performance in a 57-49 win over Teays Valley ... to round out last weeks top 8 Chesapeake moved to 11 wins on the season with a 30 point win over River Valley 85-55 while co-number eight Fairland DID keep pace with win number eleven beating Rock Hill 70-62 before taking their game on the road Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line vs (11-2) Akron Hoban participating in the Pizza Oven Classic ... the boyz from Proctorville picked up an L that they hope will help them in the second season, 57-46 ...

... as you will see in the Elite 8 lineup for the Week that IS , you don't have to pick up an "L" to drop in the standings ... especially when I have had some of the teams "tied" on the list - there are good wins ... there are even quality losses ... sometimes the strength of schedule can move a team up or down the list ... lets take a look at how things shook out after last weeks action ...

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio

1. Chillicothe 13-1 ... the win over Dayton Dunbar forced the separation ...

2. Zanesville 13-1

3. Vinton County 13-1

4. Wheelersburg 11-2 / Huntington 12-1

5. South Point 13-0

6. North Adams 13-1/ Oak Hill 13-2

7. Logan Elm 11-3

8. Chesapeake 11-2 / Greenfield McClain 13-2

Treehugger Wannabees

Fairland 11-3
Warren 10-4
Lynchburg Clay 11-3
Piketon 10-4
Circleville 10-5
Washington CH 9-5
Federal Hocking 10-4
Logan 8-5
Waterford 10-2
Minford 9-5
Fairfield Union 8-7
Ironton 6-6
Adena 7-6
Alexander 8-6
Zane Trace 7-7
New Boston 8-4
Western Pike 9-5
Symmes Valley 8-4
Portsmouth 7-7
Westfall 7-6
Northwest 6-6
Belpre 8-7
Southern 8-6
Rock Hill 7-7

End Table Teams

Coal Grove 6-7
West Union 7-8
Portsmouth West 6-7
WhiteOak 5-8
Reedsville Eastern 4-9
Marietta 5-9
Unioto 3-11
Southeastern

... some BIG contests out there this week ...Friday night a Belpre team looking for respect travels to Vinton County ... #2 Zanesville entertaining #1 Chillicothe with a couple questions to be answered - who is the better of the 2 teams? AND will they actually play?? ... we will be watching as usual from the cheap seats as the final weeks of the regular season unfold and the "post season drawings" take place this weekend ... the Road to the Convo is just around the corner - I've been saving my money all year so I can afford those $4.50 pizzas/$3.50 Cokes LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

pfloyd's 8

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Pfloyd, I have throughly enjoyed you elite 8 all year, but I would say the news of zanes leaving the seaol and Chilli's win Sat night probably pushed ya to move Chilli to no 1... We'll see if you are correct?

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

FYI...Dut Guthrie is still 15 pts out of the 1000 pt club but we fully expect that to change this Friday when our beloved Vikes take on and defeat Belpre.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks vikefan ... only goes to show that NOT ALL information on SEOPS is correct info ... I'm leaving it the way it is and will be the first to congratulate Dustin on the accomplishment that he WILL achieve vs Waterford Tuesday night ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... tropicalbreeze ... never crossed my little mind about the 'ville leaving the league as a factor in dropping them to #2 ... the ONLY factors I looked at were the common foe Warren this week AND Chillicothe's big time W over Dayton Dunbar ... Chillicothe had been listed first over Zanesville after the 'ville's loss at Value City ... the win by the Cavs gave them solo hold on 1st going into this weeks games with THE GAME on the court , on Friday to decide who IS the Elite 8's number one after the Week that IS ...

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Fantastic job, as usual, P-floyd!!!

tiger_1992
Waterboy

Post by tiger_1992 »

PFloyd so glad to McClain made it into the Elite 8. Big game this week in Madison Plains for the all out SCOL Title. Then a trip to Larrys House. Should be a good week.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Captain jack I got that info off of the Waterford website schedule dang !!! can't trust anyone apparently ... I also had Waterford at 9-2 - their website showed 8-3 so I changed it to 8-3 which of those records is correct? LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Capt. Jack I trust you over both the website and the committee of one - me records LOL ... 10-2 wins - it is now changed ...

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Pfloyd, more outstanding work as usual.

Federal Hocking is 10-4

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

GW Mc gave the Lancers one more win ... thanks for the help in keeping the records straight ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good list....but dude you're being stubborn

Manchester is above .500....beat new Boston...BY THIRTY....beat Western Pike...beat Whiteoak...TWICE

Why aren't they listed??? Cause they have 2 losses to 13-1 North Adams?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Great stuff--always the best

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

great job pfloyd, but South Points record is now 13-0. Other than that everything looks great

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks username ... I told my wife I need to quit my day job so I can get all this right the first time LOL ...

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i wouldnt have complained had Chilli and Zanesville stayed tied for #1 until they play friday but as a Chilli fan i certainly wont complain about them holding it on their own either! haha.

we'll see friday but from what i hear that environment is worth about 6 points anyways so whats the line on that game? Z-ville by 5? i'll take my cavs to cover and hopefully to win!

there may only be 50 CHS fans in the gym so i hope they're loud! sure would be nice to play zanesville once without some sort of controversy.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

... thanks vikefan ... only goes to show that NOT ALL information on SEOPS is correct info ... I'm leaving it the way it is and will be the first to congratulate Dustin on the accomplishment that he WILL achieve vs Waterford Tuesday night ...

Captain jack I got that info off of the Waterford website schedule dang !!! can't trust anyone apparently ... I also had Waterford at 9-2 - their website showed 8-3 so I changed it to 8-3 which of those records is correct? LOL ...

Capt. Jack I trust you over both the website and the committee of one - me

pfloyd if you want to know anything Vinton County please feel free to PM myself or the Captain.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

will do hawkeye ...thanks

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”