Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 20th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Madison Plains has never won the SCOL....they lost won a league title in 1975...not sure what league they were in back then.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

SP is 15-0 with the wins over St. Joe and Peebles in back to back games!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

13-3 Logan Elm 53
5-12 Miami Trace 34

Congrove 17, Largent 12 points and 9 rebounds and Bryant Blake 11 for the Braves.
Milstead 13 for the Panthers.

Logan Elm travels to 10-6, 6-4 Circleville Tuesday in an important MSL game.
Miami Trace heads to McClain

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Ironman92 wrote:Madison Plains has never won the SCOL....they lost won a league title in 1975...not sure what league they were in back then.

Unless WCH and Hillsboro can pull of the upsets, looks like Plains will get their first SCOL league championship. Who outside of Madison County would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

roundballfan
Waterboy

Post by roundballfan »

danicalifornia wrote:Zane Trace 59
Washington CH 58

They are 6-2 since one of their top players quit(losses to LE and McClain) talk about addition by subtraction!!

And your point is? This is the second insinuating comment you've made regarding an unfortunate situation and a heart wrenching decision to walk away from the game. Comments like that are unnecessary. Please give it a rest. Congrats to the ZT players on their huge win and good luck in the rest of the season.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

throwitdown wrote:Orestes how do u know about our boys mindsets, u said the refs are our only chance and we know it.haha thats pretty funny. I dont think you know how confident of a team we are right now, ever heard of Fort Frye the team thats 13-2 and going to beat warren tonight?? Waterford held them to 20 POINTS, 6 IN THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF, 16% SHOOTING AND THEY CAN SHOOT IT. We play some pretty tough physical defense, hope you don't have any plans of getting 103. North Adams is the only team to get 50 on us. But anyways Orestes could u give me some info on Vinton County since i havent seen them just heard alot about them. How big, how deep, starting lineup??? I would appreicate it.

Waterford starts:
C Cunningham 6'9'' Jr.
PF Hendershot 6'4'' Sr.
SF Tornes 6'2'' Sr.
SG Hoge 6'3'' Sr.
PG Lang 5'11'' Sr.

I have watched both V.C. and Waterford play this year. I would have to say that V.C. has the advantage in every position. Although Cunningham is taller than Guthrie, Guthrie is a much more complete player and will create all kinds of match up problems for the big man from Waterford. I wasn't overly impressed with any of the other starting 4 for Waterford. However the game is being played at Waterford, so wee will have to see.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Ballhound....Just curious what waterford game or games have u been to, earlier in the season im assuming no one on here has seen waterford in the month of january.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Fort Frye beat warren 45-42 like i said they would.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

That's kind of strange, pfloyd. Fort Frye is as much in SEO as many of the other teams you have listed. Not sure why someone would complain, but it might have been Kapono over on the huddle and everyone knows not to listen to him anyway! LOL The Fort is just a stone's throw from Waterford, about 15 mins. across 339 from Warren, and about 20 mins. up 60 from Marietta.

Fort Frye is a well-coached team and Liedtke gets the best out of his players. They are relentless on defense and can shoot well, too. Even without the likes of Tyler Engle this year, they are 14-2 with the win last night and could make some noise in the tournaments. I did not think Warren played real well (take nothing from FF) last night. Hunter stepped up and buried some 3's to finish with 15 pts., but they didn't get the ball inside to Call enough and he picked up a couple early fouls. Hooper struggled at the foul line, and I don't think any other player was in double figures.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sports nut ... it has more to do with the Cadets starting out the post season in the East District Sectional play more than anything else ... 14-2 is good no matter what league , what district you play in ... Coach Liedtke has always done an outstanding job with his program at FF ... I'm always impressed with the coaches that put a quality product on the court every year no matter the "pieces" - it's a sign of a "program" not just the luck of the draw "I have good players THIS year" ... too many coaches wait for the pieces to show up while the real coaches make players, TEAMS out of the pieces they have every year - Coach Liedtke is one of those that has earned the title of "Coach" - he does it year in year out ... he has our respect here in SouthEast Ohio no matter what district we put his teams in ...

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

I heard Federal Hocking almost lost to trimble the other night, can anyone tell me fed hock's remaining schedule?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Fed Hock:

1/29 Southern
2/1 Waterford
2/8 @Miller
2/15 @Eastern

*win 3 of 4 and they win the TVC Hocking, either a tie or outright, depending on who the loss comes against.

However, like you said, they almost lost to Trimble and have been sloppy with the ball lately. Waterford can just show up and win. Federal Hocking has NO CHANCE.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Orestes Waterford better not have that attitude vs. Fed Hock or they're gonna lose. Waterford was sloppy with the ball last meeting and blew a 6 point lead with 1:20 to go, that being said waterford has been playing really well lately and i expect waterford to come away the win it won't be easy though. Waterford has a tendency sometimes to turn the ball over alot themselves, they dont have good ball handlers i see that as their only weakness. But they seem to overcome the sloppyness with size, athleticism, great defense, and outrebounding teams by about 20 a game.Where was that Fed hock-trimble game played at anyway? I have only seen trimble once at waterford and it was 25-2 at the end of the first quarter, i just couldnt imagine that trimble could play with Federal Hocking.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

It was at Trimble in the big warehouse. I love that place.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”