Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by pfloyd »

... It's that time !!! while the Elite 8 hits SEOPreps for the 11th week in row , MOST of us in Southern/SouthEast Ohio are more interested in the Sectional Seedings from earlier today in the SouthEast District for D2, D3, D4 ... with the adjusted formats (ie. D2 in Logan Sectional 4 winners of one game go to the Convo) "SEEDING" became a major player today ...

Logan D2 Sectional Seeding:

1. Warren
2. Logan Elm
3. Vinton County
4. Sheridan
5. Marietta
6. Fairfield Union
7. Athens
8. New Lexington
9. Gallia Academy

Southeastern Sectional D2 Seeding :

1. Chillicothe
2. Waverly
3. Unioto
4. Fairland
5. Hillsboro
6. Circleville
7. Miami Trace
8. Washington Court House
9. Jackson
10. Greenfield McClain

Jackson Sectional D3 Seeding :

1. Chesapeake
2. Portsmouth
3. Ironton
4. Lucasville Valley
5. Minford
6. Oak Hill
7. Dawson-Bryant (Coal Grove)
8. South Point
9. Rock Hill
10. Wheelersburg
11. Portsmouth West

Athens Sectional D3 Seeding :

1. Nelsonville York
2. Wellston
3. Belpre
4. Southeastern
5. Federal Hocking
6. Zane trace
7. Alexander
8. River valley
9. Crooksville
10. Meigs

Waverly Sectional D3 Seeding:

1. Eastern Brown
2. Peebles
3. Piketon
4. Huntington
5. North Adams
6. Lynchburg Clay
7. Westfall
8. Paint valley
9. Northwest
10. Adena
11. West Union

Meigs Sectional D4 Seeding:

1. Southern
2. Eastern Pike
3. Waterford
4. South Gallia
5. St. Joesph
6. Symmes Valley
7. Eastern Reedsville
8. Miller
9. Trimble

Lucasville Valley Sectional D4 Seeding :

1. Portsmouth Notre Dame
2. South Webster
3. New Boston Glenwood
4. Manchester
5. Leesburg-Fairfield
6. Sciotoville (Portsmouth East)
7. Whiteoak
8. Franklin Furnace Green
9. Portsmouth Clay
10. Western Pike

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11 ...

1. Chesapeake (18-1)

2. Portsmouth (17-2)

3. Warren (15-2)/ Ironton (14-4)

4. Lucasville Valley (15-2)

5. Eastern Brown (14-4)

6. Logan Elm (13-5)

7. Fairland (14-4)

8. Chillicothe (12-6)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(14-4) Peebles
(13-3) Southern
(14-4) Waverly
(12-6) Piketon
(12-5) Hillsboro
(12-5) Unioto
(12-6) Circleville
(13-5) Belpre
(13-6) Huntington
(16-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(10-8) Lynchburg Clay
(11-6) Fairfield Leesburg
(12-6) Southeastern
(11-6) Vinton County
(11-6) Sheridan
(9-8) Fairfield Union
(13-6) Oak Hill
(13-5) Eastern Pike
(10-8) Marietta
(10-7) North Adams
(9-7) South Webster
(12-5) Minford
(11-7) Manchester
(8-9) Miami Trace
(12-6) Wellston
(9-9) Zane Trace
(7-11) Jackson
(6-13) Logan
(9-10) New Lexington
(8-8) Wahama
(10-8) South Gallia
(11-6) Nelsonville York
(10-8) Federal Hocking
(7-12) Westfall
(8-9) Athens
(9-7) Waterford
(8-10) South Point
(8-10) Washington CH
(5-14) Paint Valley
(6-12) Whiteoak
(11-8) Coal Grove
(11-5) New Boston
(9-10) Rock Hill
(5-13) Greenfield McClain
(7-10) Symmes Valley
(4-13) Wheelersburg
(7-10) Portsmouth East
(4-14) River Valley
(9-9) St. Joseph
(5-12) Reedsville Eastern
(4-11) Miller
(4-12) Franklin Furnace Green
(4-12) Crooksville
(4-13) Portsmouth West
(4-14) Alexander

... Teams on the End Table ...

(3-15) Gallia Academy
(2-16) Northwest
(1-17) Adena
(1-17) Meigs
(2-15) Trimble
(2-16) Portsmouth Clay
(2-16) Western Pike
(0-17) West Union

... I just finished typing all of this and am STILL SMILING !!! ... my time of the year- Southern/SouthEast Ohio boys basketball regular season championships on the line in the WEEK that IS ... the Sectional Seedings have been carved in stone ... just thinking about watching the sectional play is enough to put a smile on my face while heading down Rt. 33 to hear Lou Horvath on the PA in the Convo announcing Basketball Thirty - I might not stop smiling for the next month of sectional play along with what 93dog and I affectionately call the "3 Weeks of the Convo" - District/Regional Action in Athens ... I KNOW all of the Cheap Seat guys/gals are breathing a little harder, checking work schedules, figuring out how they're getting out of Aunt Sue's birthday dinner to see opening night of action at the Convo , the wheels are turning !!! ... enjoy the last week of the regular season everyone - Who will drop from the Elite 8 this week? , Who makes a final run to make the elite list ? ... all the answers come together at the end of the Week that IS - Week #12 in Southern/Southeast Ohio Basketball ...

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by ovcfan12 »

Lol I love the list. But I see you would have Fairland 1 seed if your vote counted but instead they got the 4th lol with chilli, waverly and unioto in front of them

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fan1990 - you know "that don't make THEM right !" LOL ... I'm going to send the Sectional Seeding directors copies of the Elite 8 listings for NEXT year as part of the "informed" info they need to take into consideration when doing their seedings ;-) - just a thought !!!! LOL ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Exciting day in basketball today. I can almost taste the skittles now... Hard to believe its almost basketball 30. PFLOYD, I dont think you will have to send in the list. Most of them have a portable copy of it at their finger tips. lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It took me awhile to figure out the new tools ... lol ... But I was able to switch the topic to a 'sticky.'

I don't know about you Floyd ... But I was more interested & excited over todays tourney draw than I would be for the March Madness selection show ... lol ... That's how you know your a little 'crazy' about high school hoops.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog !!! I'm thinkin' that the 2 of us should be at next years "festivities" for the Seedings - what say you? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

32,16,6 LOL you are probably right ! wonder if any of the coaches USE any of the information on SEOPreps as part of their knowledge base in determining seeding LOL - okay that was way out there LOL ... but in not having seen some of the teams, not following other teams outside of your league SEOPs might give a little background info! you have some good info from the SHL, SVC, 93bulldog's TVC thread, I would think some of the coaches would look over some of the info ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I would love to be their!!! I can't immagine what all went on in that DIII sectional at Athens ... How does NY, who just lost to Wellston last week get the No. 1 seed over Wellston AND Belpre? But the real winner in that sectional IS BELPRE, or whoever would have got that coveted 3 seed (which keeps you away from Portsmouth, Ironton, Chesapeake & Valley) ... I mean it must have been like a high stakes game of poker inside that meeting room today ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... WE SHOULD BE 'PAID CONSULTANS' for teams - and get to go to the draw!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Paid consultants ??? hmmmmmmm I'm thinkin' they would have us grilling up their hot dogs/serving pops and waters LOL ... hey it would get us in the door !!! ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Heck - I would volunteer to set up the place, carry chairs, set up tables ... cook hot dogs, serve drinks ... then clean up everything afterward ... lol ...

BTW ... 17 days until the first game at the Convo tips off ... Feb 29th ... Might get to see Chilli, Marietta/Sheridan, maybe Logan Elm (unless my dogs upset em in the sectional ... lol) and either Unioto/Circleville that first night ... Gotta love kicking the year off with those strong Division II teams ... Then maybe we'll get to end it again with a Portsmouth vs Chesapeake regional final ... Talk about ending the Convo run on a high note - that was awesome last year ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I KNOW that some of the records are NOT correct - anyone with changes please let me know, I'll get them taken care of ... I read the Ironton paper and got 2 different records for Coal Grove during the same week neither one being what I would have had with the results of the games played - I was sooooo confused LOL ... throw in the makeups - SPEAKING of "makeups"! this should be a jam packed week for some teams - 3 to 4 games ??? ... please make sure the committee of one - me has the results - thanks ... of course I will be checking the papers/radio sites/93dog's TVC site/SVCSportszone site/SHLwebsite etc. BUT as you know 72 teams "ain't" a picnic trying to get results for ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I will have an updated schedule of games each day on the 'scoreboard' on the home page ... But I also have the teams make-up games marked in RED on their respective team page (team schedule) ... You just have to visit each team page to view their schedule to find all the make-up dates ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog !!!!! Feb 12 + 17 days = FEBRUARY 29 my friend - you're trying to confuse me aren't you !!! - doesn't take much BUT when it comes to hoops I "ain't" missing the Convo games cause you have me showing up for Spring Training BASEBALL on March 29th :lol:

... I knew what you meant 93dog, I too would set up, serve, cleanup, valet parking to be a fly on the wall at the seeding meeting LOL ... I'm soooo looking forward to the Convo this season for many reasons - the hoops , the hoops chats, meeting up with the coaches, seops friends, Lou Horvath !!! it is ALL good stuff ... when you can finish the 3 Weeks of the Convo with a matchup like Portsmouth vs Chesapeake - LIFE is just about perfect LOL ... I'm ready!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...93dog, thanks for keeping up with the makeups - I'll definitely being looking at all of the sites for makeups throughout the week ... would like to get out and see some games as well - I head for the James in C'bus Thursday for my first treatment as well ... I'm mentally ready for it all now - the physical side has been there getting mentally into the "game" took time BUT I'm good to go ... hoops will help get me thru this first month ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

March 29th ... Ooooops ... lol ... Heck, I confused myself there for a moment - thought I was gonna have to wait a month-and-a-half for games to get-going at the Convo ... I'm wiping my keyboard off right now where I started to cry.

(BTW ... Feb 24th - Athens vs Logan Elm ... Vinton County vs Fairfield Union ... IN LOGAN) ... There is a set of games you should be able to go to easilly ... I hope everything goes well for ya this week for sure - and I definitly want you at the 'purple palace' for the Bulldogs miracle upset over the Braves.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

SOUTHEAST DISTRICT
PRINTABLE BRACKETS
D2, D3, D4 Brackets for Sectional , District Action

D2 Set Up Sectional play thru District play : http://www.seodab.org/images/stories/bb ... boysbb.pdf

D3 Set Up Sectional Play thru District Play : http://www.seodab.org/images/stories/bb ... boysbb.pdf

D4 Set Up Sectional Play thru District Play : http://www.seodab.org/images/stories/bb ... boysbb.pdf

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

wouldn't count out Ironton in the regional finals.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... oh peake I'm not counting out anyone LOL ... just saying having ANY final game(s) the caliber of last years Chesapeake vs Portsmouth matchup IS such an awesome way to windup "The 3 Weeks of the Convo" ... when you have the pleasure to watch high school basketball played by 2 of the best teams in Southern Ohio, with the winner going to the big dance - everyone is a winner in that scenario ... I have the napkin stats from that one, I can look at the sheets and actually see the game replayed in front of me LOL ... I even like going back thru the my recap of the game last year ... great stuff it was ... with more NEW memories on the way!!! in the post season, one and done season, survive and advance season LOL they all fit so well ... used to chat with the father of Coach Evans from Circleville back in the jjhuddle days - bearcatbomber was his handle LOL he was the one who first threw out the "survive and advance" season - I've used it ever since LOL ... lots of good people out there! ...93dog!!! how many days left until Feb 29th ?!!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

FU has not been playing good basketball, and could easily have folded it up and will go out without a whimper. But i personally love their draw. They avoided the big names and i think could get to district finals. BUT like i said, they could just as easily, mentally, just packed it up for the year. Im 6000 miles away, so i havent seen their demeanor on the floor these last few weeks while they have been playing poorly.

thought cville would get a better seed, was surpised by that.

LE gave bloom ALL it could handle the other night. They might be peaking at the right time.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”