Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio

Which team would YOU have as the Preseason #1 :

Total votes: 0

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

Post by pfloyd »

... is "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" ...

... LOL - knew some of you diehards would take a look ... Nov. 10th- the "official" start date for Hoops is just around the corner ... those not lending their talents to the gridiron have been working hard ALL Fall - I've seen the Logan "non Fall sports" players in the gyms lifting, doing scheduled conditioning, Open Gyms. pick up games on the playgrounds ... to be totally honest THIS year in Logan is the first year I have seen a work ethic from the players that tells me that the 2008-09 season will be special in the Land of Purple - to the Logan boyz "Keep it up - the hard work in the preseason pays dividends IN season when you need that "extra" down the stretch in the 4th quarter" ... I'm sure the same can be said for all the hoops teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - Hoops preseason is in full go all across Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

... with the season ready to get going Nov. 10th as the first "official" day of practice, I thought we could begin gathering information concerning our teams scrimmage dates/times/locations ... for example Coach Myers of Logan was kind enough to give me some information that I will share with the masses :

11/17 at Pickerington Central 5:30 V/JV (depart 3:45pm)

11/19 ,11/20 11/26, or 11/28 – vs. ?????

11/22 at Logan Elm (foundation Game) 7:30pm VAR. (depart ??)

11/25- vs. Granville, NY, Sheridan 6:00pm V/JV/FR. at LHS

11/29 at Dublin Scioto 10:00am VAR. (depart 8:00am)
10 teams

... looks like a full menu of scrimmages for the Chiefs - added excitement this year for the Purple will make the move from the Katie to the NEW Logan High School facility on Rt. 328 ... NEW "cheap seats" !!! should be outstanding facilities to watch a game from - not sure where the Pfloyd "reserved" LOL cheap seats will be in the new gym ...

... as for the Pfloyd Elite 8 ? ... 93bulldog has made an appearance on SEOPs - will he be part of the Elite 8 this season ? ... only time will tell ... as for my part - I will again roam the hills of Southern Ohio to watch the hoops action - doing my best to give up informed, unbiased opinions of the teams Below the Line ... and as always any and ALL help in providing us with information about the leagues, teams, players that YOU follow is of great help/assistance in providing you with information about as many teams/players in Southern/Southeast Ohio as possible ... I've broken out my "napkin stats" from the 2007-08 season ... my entire staff/committee of one - me - is at this very minute gathering info on potential Elite 8 teams ... look for the PreSeason Elite 8 to hit SEOPs on Oct.31st ...

... looking forward to running into many of you around Southern/SouthEastern Ohio as we prepare for taking yet another trip down "the Road to the Convo" 2008-09 Edition ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

11-15@ Massillion Jackson
11-19@ LoganElm
11-26@ HilliardDavidson
12-1 @ThomasWorthington

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks ZBD ... will be very interested in seeing the 'ville this season ... have ALWAYS made it my goal to see an Aronhalt ZHS "TEAM" early in the season to get a glimpse of one of the "systems" that has produced quality TEAMS, players every year imo ... this year is no different - THAT Logan Elm scrimmage on the 19th would be nothing short of an incredible "preseason" practice game to be in the cheap seats to watch - I put that one on my preseason must see list ... Coach Aronhalt's program vs Coach Stiverson's program - two of the very best teachers of the game not just Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line but anywhere in the state ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Portsmouth will be making some noise on your poll this year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Ozzie - that's the word on the street to start the season - Portsmouth is ready to rattle the pecking order in hoops this season. With the 'ville and Chilli losing all that D1 talent, P'town returning their top 5 players from a year ago makes for a recipe that adds PHS to the upper division in the SEOAL scramble to the DOC ... from where I sit, the SEOAL will be as close as it has been "team talent" wise since PHS, IHS, ZHS and CHS entered the mix ... ALL of these teams have a legitimate shot at playing for the top two spots on the DOC ... add to the contender list the old guard in the league - Logan, Warren, Marietta - you have the makings of zero off nights during league play , bring your "A" game or go home with an L on your handy dandy pocket schedule ... looking forward to seeing all of the SEOAL in action from the new confines of Logan High School - not a bad seat in the house , plenty of room ( the same for the visitors as for the home team (maybe Chillicothe and Zanesville should - never mind "when heck freezes over") ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is still undefeated.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm should be the top team to watch here in the 'Northwest Territory'. Returnees include Tim Congrove, Adam Blake and Chad Holbook. The JV team went 17-2 last season and should add some depth. Two additions are 6-7 center Logan Hauserman, who played at Adena last season, and Brandon Amann, a nice guard who played at Teays Valley last year. The pigskin is the big talk up here at the moment as the Braves are 8 and 0 and ranked in the top 10 of the state in DIII.

The preseason slate is brutal

11/19 Zanesville, 5 p.m.
11/22 Foundation game vs. Logan - girls 6 pm followed by boys
11/25 @ Olentangy Liberty
11/29 Oak Hill, 10:30 a.m.

Season highlight games

12/6 vs. Harvest Prep (D4 Central District runner-up, MSL Cardinal champs) at Zane Trace Tip, 8 p.m.
12/9 Hamilton Township, 7:30 p.m.
12/12 Teays Valley, 7:30 p.m.
12/13 vs. Fairland (D3 Southeast District champs at Convo), 7:30 p.m.
12/27 @ Chillicothe (D2 state champs), 1:30 p.m.
1/13 Canal Winchester (D2 Central District champs, MSL Buckeye champs), 7:30 p.m.
1/27 @ Hamilton Township, 7:30 p.m.
1/31 @ Teays Valley, 7:30 p.m.
2/14 @ Canal Winchester, 7:30 p.m.

Hope to see you at the Reservation, along with the famous Purple Hippo, pfloyd.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson is still undefeated.

I look for that to continue through October at least, maybe even into November.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We will see you soon Pfloyd. Football season is flying bye.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Portsmouth will be making some noise on your poll this year.

Do you know if portsmouth is playing northwest again this year? because the past 2 years they have had 2 really hard fought games and I believe this year it will be a game worth making the trip to see

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Pfloyd: I think the most important point about Portsmouth is that we HAVE NOT proven ourselves on the court yet.........quite a few other programs have.......we have all 5 starters back, the only team in the SEOAL to do so, and we are excited about that......but we have to post W's on the court, not on a roster. Talent on paper means nothing..........

We would be very honored to be in your Elite 8........I just hope that our results matches our talent........all 5 starters have a full year of varsity experience playing in the SEOAL.......should make a BIG difference this year....if we commit ourselves on the defensive end, we could be VERY GOOD.......we shall see.......
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Northwest plays at Portsmouth this year......don't have the schedule in front of me, but I think it's sometime in December......on a Saturday.........

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Nice to see one of your posts'! I can't wait for your rankings!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I agree with Trojandave....

show me on the floor!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... trojandave/ozzie imo your slant that PHS has to "prove themselves" on the court holds true for all the teams Below the Line this year ... Zanesville, Chillicothe were head and shoulders the top teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio last season ... both lost "true" D1 college talent , both on paper have horses coming back led by Prati at the 'ville and Dawes in Chilli ... with the "systems" in place at both schools one would has to say they will once again be teams to reckon with again - will they be as overpowering as last year? are they in a class of their own? in both cases the odds on bet is no they won't be BUT that too remains to be seen on the court ... others to watch imo - Portsmouth, Ironton with Lamb in the fold this season, Wheelersburg because it's the Burg LOL ... Coach Lisath's Piketon squad should be stacked this season , Warren with Coach Maddox, Alexander, Vinton Co. ... Logan Elm should be loaded with Congrove, Blake, Amann, Hauserman, Holbrook ... Coach Norm and the Oak Hill boyz ... Logan will surprise people this season - lots of 'basketball talent" for the Purple this season , the Chiefs have had athletes on the floor in recent years BUT not necessarily basketball athletes ... Waterford with Cunningham leading the way ... I'm excited about those Reedsville Eastern boyz with Jake Lynch leading the way ... haven't even mentioned Manchester, North Adams, Peebles is always a factor come tourney time ... Belpre, Chesapeake - how long has it been since there was no Rase on a Panther team (at least I don't think there is one this season) , Fairland without Lamb led by Hatfield & Co. ... can't believe I've not mentioned Greenfield McClain and Coach VanMatre ... as was stated about Jackson being undefeated - we are in a virtual tie for the top spot Below the Line ... everyone will lay claim to being on all of the lists once that first whistle blows ...

... easy to rattle off teams,players BUT all have to prove it on the court from the opening tip ... through the regular season ... into the "survive and advance" season ... the more I type the more anxious I am to see the best show around - Southern/Southeastern Ohio HS basketball ...

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Pfloyd, what are your thoughts on division 4 this year?

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Pfloyd ~ There are no Rase's on Chesapeake's team, but there are 2 on Rio Grande's team.. Looks like I will be making a lot of trips to Red Storm territory.. Hope to take in a lot of area high school hoops too. It's always refreshing to see your input and keep up with the Elite 8..

The season is right around the corner..........I can't wait!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Don't over look the Tartans of East High School, they could be a team to watch out for with all they have coming back and what is moving up from the JV team.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Northwest does play at Portsmouth on a Tuesday in December......I wish I had the actual date in front of me.......but I do know it's on a Tuesday.........

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Coach Claytor.......D4 is up for grabs I think, with every team having a chance....except for maybe Western Pike.

Seriously,

Western
Manchester
Whiteoak
Trimble
Waterford

and maybe Oak Hill will be ok

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”