Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 9

Post by pfloyd »

... hard to believe but this is week 9 of the "Regular" season - the "regular season" train jumped the tracks with the Sectional Seedings coming out today ... league titles will be decided in the next 10 days or so while for many it's time to get ready for "the SECOND season", "the POST season" , the "SURVIVE and ADVANCE" season, the "ONE and DONE" season ... I like to call it the "RACE FOR THE CONVO" myself - but that's just me LOL ... with the seedings already hitting the SEOPs forum I realize the Elite 8 won't be THE subject of conversation in the Week that IS ...BUT we do have a little movement on the lists based on the action of the past week ... Mother Nature MIGHT just let us get all of the Make Ups in this week , ALONG with those games that are regularly scheduled games AND show us a little glimpse of those 50 degree temps as well ( shhhhh don't say any of that too loud) ... let's see how the Elite teams fared this past week ...

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

1. Logan Elm 14-1 ... the Braves took care of bidness going 3-0 on the week ... led by the usual cast of characters the Red & White beat Zane Trace in game 1 with defense 50-38 ... game 2 Mr. Amann's 33 pts vs Fairfield Union led to a 68-48 "W" for LE ... in game 3 more defense as TEAM LE held Teays Valley to 26 points thru 3 quarters as Amann/Congrove/Hauserman had 15 points each leading Logan Elm to a 58-44 sweep for the week ... Coach Stiverson & Co. goes for a BIG tri-fecta this week taking on Circleville (Tues), @ Hamilton Twp (Thu), @ Canal Winchester (Sat) w/ Canal handing LE their only loss of the season at the Reservation ...

1. North Adams 13-0 ... the Green Devils of Coach Young turned up the offense averaging 93 ppg offensively in beating Fayetteville 77-54 and Portsmouth West 110-62 ... in the Week that IS North Adams will take on Eastern Brown Tuesday night, traveling to Manchester for Friday the 13th and entertaining Ripley in a makeup game Saturday evening ...

2. Chillicothe 10-3 ... the Cavs are 9-1 in their last 10 games ... this weeks contest vs Columbus East was the Cavs first game in 15 days ... CHS had played 12 games in 65 days - Saturdays win over Columbus East started a swing of 8 games in 15 days ... the Senior Night win was aptly won by the senior trio of Seth Dawes (14 pts)/Caleb Knights 14 pts/ Ron Smith 11 points ... the Week that IS has Coach K and his Cavs playing Monday @ Jackson, Wednesday vs Portsmouth, Friday @ Logan, Saturday @ Reynoldsburg ...

3. Piketon 14-2 ... the Streaks of Piketon made a clean sweep of this past week's menu beating Paint Valley 69-55 ( Legg 21pts/5 asts...Smith 19/5 rbs ... Brabson 15/8rbs ... Caleb Southworth 5 pts/8 rbs) ... beating a game Adena team in a "slugfest" of 55 fouls/74 FTs ... PHS won 82-68 in OT ... 20-6 ot margin did the trick for Piketon ... a big game by Keenan Brush 22 pts/11 rbs ... Jordan Brabson's 23/7 rbs ... Cody Smith 14 pts ... Southworth stuffed the napkin stat sheet again with 6 pts/9 rbs/3 stl ... Coach Lisath & Co take on Southeastern Friday night before ending the week with a big game at OU Chillicothe vs Vinton County ...

4. Oak Hill 14-2 ... the Oaks took care of business in their solo game of the week vs Valley 81-44 effectively knocking Lucasville from the Elite 8 ... OHHS takes on Wheelersburg and Minford in regularly scheduled games this week ...

5. Vinton County 12-2 ... the Vikes went 2-1 for the week with W's added to our pocket schedules vs Athens (64-62), vs Belpre (62-50) followed by a loss at home vs SOC representative the Waverly Tigers 50-55 ... life doesn't get any easier this week as Coach Comb's boyz will be doing another Trifecta of games ... Alexander comes to VC looking to even up their TVC season series Tuesday night ... Friday the Vikes go to the river to take on Belpre followed with a Saturday game at OU Chillicothe vs 14-2 Piketon to round out the week ...

6. Alexander 12-2 ... Coach Gabriel's Spartans added 2 wins this past week holding both opponents under that magic "below 50" number for high school hoops ... beating Wellston 63-36 before pushing aside Federal Hocking 75-47... Alexander's big contest this week has Alex traveling to VC to take on the Viking Tuesday evening ...

7. Chesapeake 12-3 ... Coach Davis' Panthers crack into the Elite 8 list in the next to last week of the regular season ... CHS has put together a solid resume with losses to 13-0 North Adams/11-5 Ironton/9-5 Fairland while key wins over Huntington WVa/Southern/Gallia Academy/Wheelersburg/South Point/Fairland and a couple other "foreign" teams ... 8-2 in their last 10 outings/6 games winning streak ...

8. Hillsboro 11-3 ... the boro finished the week 1-1 winning a 2 point game vs Leesburg Fairfield 61-59 and losing by 1 point to Washington CH 59-60 ... Coach Davis holds onto the 8 spot ... the road menu for the boro this week includes @ Madison Plains, @ Eastern Brown, @ Clinton Massie ...

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

Marietta 11-4
Zanesville 7-7
Valley 12-4
Wheelersburg 12-4
Ironton 11-5
Minford 10-5
Greenfield McClain 12-5
Peebles 11-3
Southern 10-4
Westfall 12-5
Fairland 9-5
Warren 7-6
Waverly 10-5
Logan 8-8
Portsmouth 8-6
Fairfield Union 8-8
Washington CH 9-7
Zane Trace 11-5
Adena 11-5
Western Pike 11-4
South Point 7-6
Huntington Ross 9-7
Waterford 9-5
Manchester
Portsmouth East 8-5
Gallia Academy 5-11
Eastern Pike 8-6
Coal Grove 8-7
Belpre 6-7
Reedsville Eastern 6-6
South Gallia 8-8
Jackson 4-12

... Teams on the End Table ...

Northwest
Athens
WhiteOak
Circleville
River Valley
ironton St. Joe
Federal Hocking

... some BIG games on the menu of this next week of action ... looks like you can just about catch "a game a night" this week LOL ... Jackson entertains Chillicothe Monday, followed by the USUAL Tuesday action everywhere , Wednesday Portsmouth @ Chillicothe , Thursday Logan Elm @ Hamilton Twp followed by the Friday/Saturday menu of games ... no excuses to not get out and see the best Southern/Southeast Ohio has to offer ... enjoy the regular season as the train heads down that final couple of turns before the wreck next week ends it all ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 9

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nice list. Its almost time to Win or go home.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

To my knowledge, Ironton does not play North Adams. Their remaining games are Portsmouth, Warren and Logan.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ironton @ Portsmouth Tuesday.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pfloyd

1. North Adams 13-0 ... the Green Devils of Coach Young turned up the offense averaging 93 ppg offensively in beating Fayetteville 77-54 and Portsmouth West 110-62 ... NA will be tested vs visiting Ironton from the SEOAL before the Devils travel to take on SHL foe Manchester later in the week ...

When did this game come about, I know Ironton plays Portsmouth 2/10 and Warren 2/13.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It looks pretty good.

It's easy to argue nearly every position....but the arguments aren't as strong for so many upsets, surprising losses or very tight wins over lesser teams.

I think Peebles should be much closer to the top 8 as they have ZERO upsets as they led Alex by 15 but lost by 1 late @ OU and lost by 10 twice to North Adams. Hillsboro IMO is not a top 8 team, but wins over Western Brown and GM look nice....but winning over Leesburg by 2 and Whiteoak in OT give warning flags.....but very good overall record....another win over GM and I'll be impressed as GM seems to be playing much better now.

I think Oak Hill's 40 point win over Valley is one of the most impressive outcomes of the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's that darn 103 Country SHL basketball schedules - it's the G girls that play on Wednesday LOL ... my fault - I'll change it up ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... apologies to Coach LaFon and Coach Young , both I'm sure were on the horn to their respective ADs wondering where that Ironton @ NA game came from LOL ... it WOULD be a GREAT game though LOL ... I fixed it on the original post ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

McClain and Zane Trace are both 11-6.
Greenfield defeated the Pioneers on Saturday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... this is what I have for ZT and McClain ... where am I wrong?

Zane Trace

L Hillsboro 45-48
w Piketon 55-44
L Southeastern 44-49
w Unioto 61-59
w Vinton County 38-36
w Amanda CC 66-59
w Paint Valley 54-46
L Westfall 63-66
w Huntington 58-52
w Adena 66-62
L Piketon 49-75
w Southeastern 69-43
w Adena 51-42
w Unioto 39-28
L Logan Elm 33-50
w Paint Valley 60-42
L Grnfld McClain 34-42

11-6 for ZT

Greenfield McClain

w Goshen 48-45
L Portsmouth 53-64
L Washington CH 40-50
L Hillsboro 31-50
w Washington CH 46-40
L Adena 43-45
w Fairfield 57-42
w Miami Trace 54-47
w Clinton Massie 49-28
w London 66-60
L Hillsboro 47-58
w southeastern 59-34
w Wash CH 59-52 2 ot
w Unioto 38-27
w Lynchburg Clay 66-48
w Madison Plains 71-42
w Zane Trace 42-34

12-5 for Greenfield McClain

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good list as always pfloyd. If the Purple and White have Saturday off, the Logan Elm at Canal Winchester game should be a dandy.

The road to the Convo will really crank up soon.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... HOW DOES THE NO. 1 SEED - IN THE BIGGEST DIVISION (D-2) FOR SOUTHEASTERN OHIO SCHOOLS - NOT CRACK THE TOP 8?

:mrgreen:

IVE COVERED THE SPARTANS A LOT LATELY AND THEY ARE REALLY GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AS EACH WEEK PASSES ... MICHAEL CHAPMAN - THE SUPER SOPH QB - FINALLY MADE HIS RETURN LAST WEEK AND THEIR SLOWLY WORKING HIM IN THE MIX ... TWICE I SEEN HIM KNOCK DOWN THREES AS TIME EXPIRED FOR THE 1ST HALF VS TRIMBLE & FED HOCK .... Alex also has one of the better athletes/basketball players in the area with GREG FROST, he's been playing like a kid possesed ... 20 pts per game, numerous nice passes, rebounding ... you name it ... With JAKE KING pouring in 19 Vs the Lancers, the trio of stars (King, Barnhouse, Frost) might just be gearing up for one helluva of a run through the convo gauntlet!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I agree that Alexander has been playing much better since their loss to VC, but we'll see where they stand Tuesday night. I personally feel like Alexander has the better team, but VC completely outplayed them earlier this season.

This is a tough sectional and district for the Spartans and I don't want to jinx them, but I think they are capable of making a decent run...perhaps bringing the first ever district championship to the school.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

pfloyd wrote:... it's that darn 103 Country SHL basketball schedules - it's the G girls that play on Wednesday LOL ... my fault - I'll change it up ...

FYI, this game has already been made up. Ironton girls won 58-33.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

You have ZT at 11-5 in your first post.
McClain started at 1-5, then have won 10 of their last 11.
You have them playing Court House three times also.
Last edited by Bozo on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Bozo for getting me sorted out - which one of the CH games do I need to throw out? LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 86
jackson 57 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 57
Federal Hocking 29 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 55
Warren 49 a final

Logan JV 46
Warren JV 45 a final

... great job by Scott Vermillion and Renee Slack for the NET 106.7FM as they broadcast both the JV and Varsity games on the radio tonight ... the NET will do double duty again Friday night as Chillicothe visits "Jim's Gym" ...

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

The Devil's are back pfloyd :mrgreen: Zanesville 59 Marietta 44

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”