Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Final Standings

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Final Standings

Post by pfloyd »

... Thank you to ALL of the student athletes Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - another outstanding "regular season" of high school hoops ... seems as though every season passes with questions as to WHO is going to replace "so and so" as "the man" Below the Line or how will this team or that team replace the athletes they have lost to graduation this season - guess what? every year those of us who follow this great "game" of high school basketball find that there is always a "next" group of student athletes who can and do fill the shoes vacated by the departed stars ... this year was no different , we have had the pleasure of watching great athletes/ outstanding TEAMS ... we have had the opportunity to see the "great" coaches in Southern/Southeastern Ohio do their magic, they have earned their stripes and have proven that "outstanding" coaches can produce winners year in year out ... thank you again for providing for us "Cheap Seat" guys yet another season to remember Below the Line ...

... Coach Stiverson's Logan Elm Braves, along with Coach Young's North Adams Green Devils have earned the title of being #1 on the Elite 8 for the Regular Season - congratulations ... great coaching plus great athletes equals great seasons ... anyone that has had the pleasure to see either or both of these teams have been witness to great TEAM basketball at both ends of the floor , although the individual athletes on each team (North Adams -Kraig Unger/Jimison/Loudon/Nenus/Latham/Rothwell/Roades et al ... Logan Elm - Congrove/Amann/Pritchard/Adam Blake/Hauserman/Holbrook/Whaley et al) are outstanding the "joy" as a fan of hoops that can be appreciated is the ability of these outstanding individuals to come together as TEAM ... imo both are deserving of the top slot on the Elite 8 list ...

... as for the rest of the elite list ... some tough decisions were made in having to look closely at the strength of schedules/leagues and of course the win/loss records ... the SEOAL was the league that threw a wrench into the mix as Zanesville/Marietta both - although not league champions- ARE imo quality ball clubs that belong in the top 8 ... with those 2 teams in I have Westfall/Wheelersburg looking up from the Treehugger list to end the regular season ... Peebles made the big jump over the week with 3 wins ( defeating Green, Ripley, Fayetteville) where Blake Justice/Andrew Seaman/Tyler Caudill/Tyler Arnold & Company averaged 89 ppg ... as noted 2 of Peebles losses are to list #1 North Adams ... a close look at the rest of the list Piketon/Oak Hill/Vinton County/Chillicothe/Lucasville Valley/Cheasapeake - all of these teams have been pictures of consistency throughout this difficult season - difficult in having to battle on the court but also difficult in having to battle "mother nature's" manipulation of the schedules - teams having to play 3/4 games per week in some cases ... the Cavs from Chilli having to play as many games in the final 2 and half weeks as they had in the first 60 days of the season - as difficult as this was on teams, on the individual athletes the cream imo has risen to the top...

... best of luck to ALL teams Below the Line as we head into MY favorite time of the season - the Post Season, the 2nd Season, the One and Done Season, the Survive and Advance Season, the Road to the Convo, the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... call it anything you like, it is the season where teams strive to hear the voice of the Survive and Advance season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line , the voice of all games in the post season at the Convo Lou Horvath - the voice of "basketball thirty" ... hope to see all of you in Athens to take in the excitement - it's been great traveling the hills of Southern Ohio again this year , will be nice to head down to A-town and take my usual "cheap seat" location to take in the games in a week or so ... best of luck to all, enjoy and be safe ...

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final

1. Logan Elm 19-1 ... MSL Champion

1. North Adams 19-0 ... SHL Champion

... congratulations to the top 2 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... now the chasers ...

2. Piketon 18-2 ... SVC Co-Champion

3. Oak Hill 18-2 ... SOC2 Champion

4. Chillicothe 15-5 ... SEOAL Champion ... gutsy win over the 'ville on the DOC

5. Peebles 16-3 ... 2 of the 3 losses to #1 North Adams

6. Marietta 15-5 ... SEOAL #3 ... Coach JD Secrest should be Coach of the Year in the SEOAL

6. Zanesville 11-9 ... SEOAL #2 ... great run in the league

7. Vinton County 17-3 ... TVC Champion

8. Chesapeake 15-4 OVC Champion ... after a 2 year hiatus Coach Davis has the Panthers back on top of the OVC again... a great season for the 'peake ...

8. Lucasville Valley 16-4 ... the Indians split wins/losses with Wheelersburg,Waverly, Oak Hill ... excellent season for LVHS looking to return to the Convo ...

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

Westfall 15-5 ... SVC Co-champion
Wheelersburg 15-5 ...
Ironton
Alexander
Greenfield McClain
Waterford
Minford
Waverly
Fairland
Hillsboro
Western Pike ... SOC1 Champion
Southern
South Point
Adena
Coal Grove
Logan
Warren
Washington CH
Huntington
Fairfield Union
Portsmouth
Portsmouth East
Gallia Academy
Eastern Pike
Athens
Meigs
Manchester

... Teams on the End Table ...

Belpre
Reedsville Eastern
Jackson
Northwest
Ironton St. Joe
Federal Hocking
South Gallia
Circleville
Whiteoak

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Final Standings

Post by bman »

Nice job pfloyd. Looking forward to getting on 33 and heading down to the Convo for a little 'Basketball Thirty'.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHbuckeye1 ...LOL sorry about that! wow I threw the Itown boyz under the bus didn't I - or at least under the eraser ... thanks for pointing out a major mistake on my committee of ones part - me ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

pfloyd wrote:OHbuckeye1 ...LOL sorry about that! wow I threw the Itown boyz under the bus didn't I - or at least under the eraser ... thanks for pointing out a major mistake on my committee of ones part - me ...

I seen you fixed it so I deleted my post.

Great job as always........

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

List looks good as always....Great job covering these teams this year...Just a little nugget...Oak Hill was the outright SOC 2 champion with a mark of 12-2...Burg and Valley tied for 2nd with 11-3 marks.Can't wait to see all these teams competing in tourney play.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks for the assist beaverlover - I made the changes ... too bad the gyms are being cleared between games of sectional play ... I liked the see a couple games for the price of one during the early games as well as the one price for all the contests at the Convo per night/day ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

pfloyd wrote:... thanks for the assist beaverlover - I made the changes ... too bad the gyms are being cleared between games of sectional play ... I liked the see a couple games for the price of one during the early games as well as the one price for all the contests at the Convo per night/day ...

I heard tommorow's sectional games at Waverly that the gym would not be cleared...I hope not...would like to see 3 games for the price of 1.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

With all the teams listed treehuggers and all what teams had move ins or transfers and what place would they have been in or how would they have fared with out them. Just wondered

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Glad to see that Peebles made your final standings. They are playing very good basketball right now.

vikefan
Freshman Team

Post by vikefan »

Pfloyd...thanks again for another season of great commentary !

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pfloyd;

Great season on the list! Remember it's your list and keep commentating how you do...I look forward to reading that!!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Thanks for all the hard work on the the list. The committe of 'one' does a fantastic job. See you at a game soon I am sure.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

great as always pfloyd, imo north adams should be first and logan elm second i dont care if they won the msl. logan elms got a rude awakening come sweet 16.courtesey of the cavaliers.

dont ya just love early tourney trash talking?

pdracing23
Riding the Bench

Post by pdracing23 »

cavalierfan95 wrote:great as always pfloyd, imo north adams should be first and logan elm second i dont care if they won the msl. logan elms got a rude awakening come sweet 16.courtesey of the cavaliers.

dont ya just love early tourney trash talking?

Are you talking about the Cleveland Cavaliers or the same Cavaliers team that already lost to Logan Elm once this season and got beat by Waverly a week ago?

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

does a third place in league get you seoal coach of the year? no way.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Both Logan Elm and Chillicothe better worry about getting through districts first.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

One of the highlights of the basketball season is seeing your rankings and reading your comments concerning southeastern Ohio basketball..
I always look forward to it........ Thanks!

It is also good to see Chesapeake in the Elite 8.. Coach Davis is an excellent coach and doing a good job at a school with great basketball tradition.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Another great year Pfloyd. I look for your list every Sunday with great anticipation. I look forward to seeing you at the Convo. I believe my dragons are going to put a run on this second season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Purple of Logan dropped their opening game in the post season to Hilliard Darby tonight 44-57 ... this one was 18-18 at the half ... Darby hit 5 straight treys in the 3rd period to open up a lead that the Chiefs were unable to erase ... we wish the best to the Chieftains 5 seniors - Zach Adams, Jon King, Chase Colliton, Kyle Abram and Austin Mozack ... great season by the Net - Logan's only radio station that supports high school sports in the Hocking Valley - thanks Scott Vermillon and Renee Slack for bringing Purple hoops back to the Hocking Valley ... Chiefs finish the 2008-09 season at 11-10, a 9-4 finish in the their last 13 games and 5th place in the SEOAL ...

Purple Cobras
Waterboy

Post by Purple Cobras »

After a slow start, a healthy McClain (& Coach VanMatre) has won 12 of its last 13. Don't let the record fool ya...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”