Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Post by pfloyd »

... and the beat goes on - an abbreviated Christmas Holiday week in Week #4 BUT we still continued to validate the old cliche' " on any given night ..." - in Southern/Southeastern Ohio that can be interpreted as - parity imo ... I know that some have stated that the hoops played Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line are NOT as good as in past years ... I however beg to differ imo we have MORE quality teams Below the Line ... IF the "not as good as in past years" means "no dominant team(s)" - that IS closer to being correct ... imo we have teams which WILL BE AS GOOD AS THE TOP TEAMS FROM YEARS PAST by seasons end ... right now we have a "boat load" of teams that are young, teams who are still looking for an identity, still trying to find the combinations that WILL take them to the next level ... all of these situations leave us cheap seat guys with smiles on our faces - every night you can find any number of great match-ups in every league ... as I stated earlier - we WILL HAVE those teams by post season time who will have separated themselves from the second level group ... until then "the beat WILL go on" AND the old cliche' WILL be the mantra for all teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio " on any given night" ...

Pfloyd’s Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio Week #4

1. Logan Elm (5-0) ... wins/losses - okay there aren't any of those ... Waverly 55-37/Amanda Clearcreek 78-26/Chillicothe 49-44/Bloom Carroll 53-50/Circleville 58-21 ...

2. Piketon (5-2) ... wins/losses ... Hillsboro 68-50/Zane Trace 63-43/Huntington 49-52/Westfall 76-58/ Paint Valley 94-52/Columbus Mifflin 84-85/ Adena 81-29 ...

3. Peebles (4-0) ... wins/losses ... Southeastern 77-38/Ripley 56-54/ Zane Trace 66-61/WhiteOak 65-51

4. Waverly (3-1) ... wins/losses ... Logan Elm 37-55/ Valley 58-44/Chesapeake 63-56/Wheelersburg 47-42

5. Eastern Brown (6-0) ... wins/losses ... Manchester 71-62/WhiteOak 69-39/Fairland 61-52/Ripley 62-50/ Georgetown 74-50/Western Brown 65-47 ...

6. Ironton (4-2) ... wins/losses ... Ashland,KY 55-67/Chesapeake 66-63 OT/Manchester 62-66/ Chillicothe 51-48/ Africentric 60-35/Warren 70-57 ...

7. Warren (4-2) ... wins/losses ...Meigs 63-48/Fort Frye 35-32/Maysville 76-59/Belpre 82-67/ Portsmouth 69-75/ Ironton 57-70 ...

8. Chesapeake (3-3) ... wins/losses ... Wheelersburg 62-53/Ironton 63-66 OT/ Waverly 56-63/ Rock Hill 72-29/ Coal Grove 71-41/Campbell Memorial 63-71 ... Chillicothe (2-2) ... wins/losses ... Xenia 67-53/Logan Elm 34-49/ Ironton 48-51/ Marietta 47-37 ...

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

6-0 Reedsville Eastern
5-1 Athens
4-1 Vinton County
4-3 Zane Trace
3-2 Portsmouth
3-1 Jackson
1-5 Hillsboro
5-0 Southern
4-1 Oak Hill
3-1 Lucasville Valley
4-2 Manchester
2-3 Wheelersburg
5-3 Alexander
4-2 Huntington
4-2 Federal Hocking
4-0 South Webster
3-0 Eastern Pike
4-2 Washington CH
2-2 Logan
2-3 Marietta
3-3 WhiteOak
3-3 Greenfield McClain
3-3 Belpre
3-2 Gallia Academy
2-2 Nortwhwest
2-3 South Point
3-2 Fairland
2-4 Minford
3-3 Trimble
4-1 Nelsonville York
3-3 Rock Hill
3-2 Symmes Valley

... Teams on the End Table ...

3-3 Leesburg-Fairfield
3-3 Fairfield Union
3-4 Westfall
2-2 Wellston
2-4 Southeastern Ross
1-3 Western Pike
1-5 Meigs
0-4 North Adams
Portsmouth East
New Boston
1-4 South Gallia

... once again a great week for hoops action in Southern Ohio ... in the Week that IS more of the same as a potential Waverly vs Piketon match up looms ... Piketon DOES take on undefeated Eastern Pike ... Athens vs undefeated Reedsville Eastern ... Logan vs Warren ... Portsmouth vs Marietta ... Ironton vs Jackson ... Alexander vs Trimble ... Logan Elm vs Zane Trace ... I'm sure there are more match ups we should be watching AND WILL lol ... best of luck to all teams ... we'll have one more Elite 8 next Saturday or Sunday to put a wrap on the 2009 portion of the season ... Happy New Year to all the fans, teams, players Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 10 times in total.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #4

Post by independent2012 »

I agree no way Warren,no way have you seen them PFloyd,also disagree with Chesapeake they have not beaten anyone but the Burg,they also lost to Campbell out of Youngstown at the Ironton classic their record is 3-3.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson plays Ironton next.....IF they defeat #6 Ironton....they have to pass up Athens who they defeated by 26.

I know they beat Vinton County @ VC....and that's impressive.....but a team with the same # of losses and one beat the other in impressive fashion...it's hard to see them 5 spots lower....Jackson's only loss was @ Portsmouth in double OT

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I haven't seen Warren play yet ... losing to a jelling Portsmouth team or losing at Ironton isn't enough to drop them off the list compared to the other teams knocking at the door ... at the time I put together this weeks list I DIDN'T have the Peake's loss to Campbell Memorial (3-2) but in looking over the list and having seen CHS twice I will leave them at #8 for this week ... I'll take the heat for the Week that IS ... but I will pass along these posts to the committee of one - me ... thanks for the input ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I also realize the issues that keeping Hillsboro where they ARE on the list will bring to the lists ... I have seen the 'boro ... they did win on the court ... I CAN change their record to the OFFICIAL record of 1-5 - which I suppose I can do for accuracy purposes BUT then the committee WILL get grief for a 1-5 team being where they are - so be it ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Trojans are slowly creeping up the list.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... tell you another tidbit about Hillsboro - come tournament seeding ... I wouldn't want to be the higher seeded team having to play this ball club - the trio of Airic Steagall, Emanuel Turner, and Aric Carroll will be a handful imo ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I see 93 bulldogs teams all moved up, thats why Pfloyd was driving a new SUV after he spent the night in Athens with the Dog. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog KNOWS how this game is played Ozzie LOL ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

nice list,,enjoyed the read as I do every week.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's nice to see that the 3 schools in the district named Eastern are all still undefeated! I wonder how many times that has happened.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Tobias ... to tell you the truth I have no clue as to ND's record ... post the numbers please so the committee of one - me - will not be clueless as to what Notre Dame is doing ... if you notice on the End Table list are teams that have no records posted ... some I started following , others I see their box scores depending on who they played ie. New Boston - talked to some folks before the season started , they didn't know IF NB would win a game this year but they have won 2 - both at home I believe in the "box" ... noticed the one boy going off for 37 points in one game ... soooooooooooo the teams I have posted on the End Table have done something unexpected , or are doing what wasn't expected, or have a player or two doing something unexpected ... here in the Hocking Hills news from the big cities along the river doesn't travel fast soooooooooo again IF you want ND to get notice please tell the committee what they are doing ... the committee WILL take notice ... they/I do not want to slight a team or player(s) ... thanks ...

... the committee of one - me

CoachClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by CoachClaytor »

Pfloyd....Westerns record is 1-3. The loses coming against good competition in Manchester, Symmes Valley and Eastern Pike. The win was against Portsmouth Clay. Tomorrow night the Indians travel to Waverly to play in the Holiday Classic where we match up with tournament host Waverly!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Coach - I'll get Western's record up and update my napkin stats on the boyz ...

Manchester L 70-93
Eastern Pike L 55-78
Symmes Valle L 61-78
Ports Clay W 63-60

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

danicalifornia wrote:It's nice to see that the 3 schools in the district named Eastern are all still undefeated! I wonder how many times that has happened.

One goes down to defeat Monday night at the hands of the Redstreaks! :122246

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... daniC - good to see you slip a post in there my friend! ... keep us informed on the those teams in the Northwest Territory ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Tobias for the link and the record/scores for ND ...

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

PF, keep up the great job...really look forward to this list each week, being in Arizona it is not easy to find info on SE ohio sports....just keep peeking out from behind the dark side of the moon and keep that list coming...
Wipala Walt

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wipalawalt - thanks! ... my committee of one - me - we/I appreciate the feedback ... "peeking out from the dark side of the moon" is a given and the list WILL go on ... might even add a "game of the week recap" from the "Pfloyd Tour thru Southern/Southeastern Ohio" ... this week's game will be Athens entertaining Coach Howie's undefeated Eastern Eagles Tuesday night ... since I keep "napkin stats" from all of the games I see from the cheap seats I might as well throw 'em out for others to see as well ... especially if seops has readers from as far away as Arizona ... you keep reading the thread and I'll keep posting THE Elite list ALONG WITH a "Pfloyd Tour - Napkin Stats Game of the Week Recap" ... I like the idea!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

bengalfan76 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:It's nice to see that the 3 schools in the district named Eastern are all still undefeated! I wonder how many times that has happened.

One goes down to defeat Monday night at the hands of the Redstreaks! :122246

PFloyd,

If Eastern Pike upset the Redstreaks, how high will they move up your list? How many apologies will bengalfan have to issue?

As to the list, so many of the good teams have lost early that Pfloyd has a tough job. Still, Piketon is over-rated imo. IF the REdstreaks win the Classic, their stock rises. If not, where are the quality wins? The SVC is DOWN! NO WAY BASED ON THIS SEASON THAT THERY ARE #2.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”