Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by pfloyd »

... IF you've paid attention to the games this past week , you know that there were GREAT match ups in all the leagues Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... league leaders vs league leaders, intra league contests pitting key teams in the different "regions" within Southern Ohio, a few of our river contingents were taking on AND BEATING some of those "foreign teams" from across the big river, and if that wasn't enough we had a couple of the elite teams Below the Line invited to the Schott to play vs some of the BIG BOYS in Ohio HS hoops ... it doesn't matter where you live in Southern Ohio you could have been entertained with some the best hoops action anywhere (that message was paid for by the chamber of commerce organizations Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line) ... if you have been living in a cave during the 2009-10 season you wouldn't know that WE have been blessed with some of the BEST high school hoops top to bottom in many many years in Southern Ohio ... as has been posted before - the dominating teams AREN'T there - which means that the cliche' "on any given night" comes into play every night out for even the teams on the elite 8 list - it is simply amazing imo ... every year passes and the thought is "with this graduating group" the individual talent isn't out there to watch this year - and every year we as fans of the sport of high school basketball are blessed/amazed at the talent that comes along to replace the "names" of last year - I suppose this is the "circle of life" in high school basketball ...

... as a fan of high school sports I appreciate the time, the work so many people put in every single game night - the athletes, the coaches are a given but the parents, the younger brothers/sisters that get their lives together in less than an hour so the family can drive an 1 or more to support big brother/son or daughter, the cheerleaders, those TEACHERS that donate their time to take tickets, sell programs, t-shirts, the parents who work their "shifts" in concessions at every home game ... those students who DON'T play the game BUT participate in every win and loss through their support in the student section every single game home or away ... the next time you go to a game this week - before the game, as you walk into the gym "stop" "look" and "listen" to what IS the UNBELIEVABLE atmosphere created by the game of basketball every game day , even more than that look and actually SEE that the game may be the center piece but without ALL of the rest - the signs , the cheers, the pep band playing, the student sections yelling, the towns people - the game is just a "scrimmage"... notice, I mean - really take notice of that group who seem to sit together at every game , at floor level - the "old timers" ... ahhhhhh THE "old timers" - the life line of the game - the keepers of the stories of games past, the guys who start a sentence with "I remember when ... " -THESE "old timers" helped create the PRIDE that fills all of the small gyms across Southern Ohio every game day ... for us "not quite" old timers- take the time at your gym next game, ask one of those old timers "DO you remember ... ?" - you'll see an instant smile on the "old timers' " face as he gives you dates, gym names, players names, coaches names, points scored etc....... some of you young people who have a lonnnggggg way to go before you even have to think about using the word "old" - thank , thank any ONE of the folks who work so hard to allow the high school game day to become part of "community" ... "stop, look and listen" - atmosphere, community pride in the kids, the team, the school - the circle of life in high school basketball ...

… Pfloyd’s Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio …

1. Logan Elm (11-2)

2. Peebles (11-0)

3. Ironton (10-2)

4. Oak Hill (10-1)

5. Athens (12-1)

6. Zane Trace (9-4)

7. Chillicothe (7-5)

8. Reedsville Eastern (9-1)

… Treehugger Wannabees …

10-3 Warren Local
8-1 South Webster
6-5 Portsmouth
8-3 Waverly
9-4 Piketon
8-3 Chesapeake
8-4 South Point
10-4 Hillsboro
11-2 Washington CH
9-3 Vinton County
7-3 Lucasville Valley
9-2 Eastern Brown
6-4 Jackson
8-2 Eastern Pike
6-6 Belpre
8-2 Southern
9-6 Manchester
6-5 Huntington
6-5 Fairland
7-6 Alexander
7-8 Westfall
6-6 Unioto
4-8 Logan
6-6 Gallia Academy
7-6 Greenfield McClain
5-7 Fairfield Union
4-4 Northwest
5-5 Wheelersburg
6-7 WhiteOak
6-6 Leesburg Fairfield
3-7 Lynchburg Clay
6-5 Federal Hocking
5-5 Trimble
6-4 Symmes Valley
6-5 Nelsonville York
9-4 Coal Grove
2-10 North Adams
6-6 Portsmouth Clay

… Teams on the End Table …

Wellston 5-6
Rock Hill 4-7
Green
Circleville 2-10
Southeastern Ross 3-9
Marietta 2-9

... not sure where the Pfloyd Tour 2009-10 will land this week ... have to a look at the menu of games around Southern/Southeast Ohio ... please let my committee of one- me- know of any record changes, make up games yada, yada , yada ... as always the best of luck to ALL of the teams Below the Line in the Week that IS ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by sportsfan43 »

wow, South Webster only one game in front of Portsmouth.
I know of one crybaby that is gona be really upset :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

great job,Pfloyd...only thing I see ,is Chilly in there,and Warren not...but you know more about who played who,and Im sure that made the difference.

and I will "stick this" for you :mrgreen:

SGHS RBEBELS15
Freshman Team

Post by SGHS RBEBELS15 »

South Gallia is 3-8

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd, looks good as always. a game you might want to consider seeing is bloom-carroll at logan elm on saturday night. two of the better coaches in the area.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks biggdowgg! it's at the point in the season where the committee of one- me - has the living room coffee table covered with this past weeks menu of games and results, season records for each team with all of the game results for each team as well ... with all of those napkin stats laying around it looks like a picnic without food lol ... it's the time when you have to look at who has played and beat whom , and when ... LOL... it's ALL good ... unfortunately it is the time when people don't see eye to eye with where one team sits on the lists vs another THAT TOO is ALL GOOD ... last weeks debates, information was great by all of the posters who contributed ... for those who contribute every week - great job in making the seops basketball forum THE BEST "one stop" for ALL things concerning Southern/Southeast Ohio basketball ... for those who haven't taken the plunge to post - it's all about support of your agreement or disagreement ... when you make an informed contribution for or against you are welcomed anytime ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ... where is the LE vs BC game being played?

llabteksab
Waterboy

Post by llabteksab »

Please tell me how can any team with a 7-5 record be in the Elite 8? They must have lost to the top D-I or D-II schools in the state of Ohio.You can only ride that (State) broken pony for so long. Still have faith in your wisdom,but Chilli had a 23 point lead at halftime,with Ironton,and ends up losing, at home. I'm just sayin!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

@ logan elm

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Again well done pfloyd. I like the way you consider schedules, talent, and how the teams have performed lately, when considering the rankings.
As a fellow poster I say thank you for the time and effort and road trips that you put into this. Most folks can't get out to all these games like yourself. This forum and your input gives us all a little feeling that high school sports is pure and still matters.
It gives us debates and it shows us all how much pride we have for all of our local teams.
Last edited by Kickinurz on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Chillicothe is one of the top 8 teams in this southern ohio area. I'm not a cavs fan by any means either.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ATHENS 5TH .... NICE!

on the trivalleyconference.com web site floyd ... ive started the leaderboard ... you can see teams rankings for team offense/etc...etc... team defense ... still working on individual stuff though ... need some cooperation for that to happen.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

I totally agree with you well said.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I see Athens is at 5 :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and ole 93bulldog was posting at the same time I was :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd good job as usual. I see that my dragons are moving up the list . They will have a chance to move up the list again this week with 2 road games at Coal Grove and South Point. The South Point game should be a great game now that Bloomfield is healthy.
Last edited by bucking red on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

llabteksab ... take a look at the Cavs overall schedule - 3 losses are to D1 schools Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line (Xenia, Pickerington Central, Timken HS) ... the Timken team that beat Chilli this past weekend at the Schott is at 13-2 with that win over the Cavs ... throw in the Logan Elm 11-2, Ironton 10-2 ... I've had the opportunity to see the Cavs twice giving me more than one opportunity to be able make a pretty good comparison of what CHS brings to the court vs the other top teams in Southern Ohio ... and all the rankings are ARE my opinion based on what I know and what I've seen so far ... so it IS a fair question you have made ..but imo in my mind the Cavs are where they should be going into the Week that IS ...

supertrooper
Waterboy

Post by supertrooper »

Portsmouth is not a better team than Waverly, South Point, Chesapeake, or Piketon.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

supertrooper wrote:Portsmouth is not a better team than Waverly, South Point, Chesapeake, or Piketon.

why not????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington CH is 11-2 and only 17th? Did they beat Hillsboro who is above them at 10-4?

Overall list looks pretty fair.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”