Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by pfloyd »

... write it down! for the first time during the 2009-2010 high school basketball season the top 8 survived the Week that Was without putting an "L" on any of their pocket schedules ... 14-0 ! ... Logan Elm took care of annual nemesis Bloom Carroll 52-34 in a key MSL match up (LE defensively gave up only 32 ppg in the week that was) ... Peebles went an impressive 3-0 on the week averaging 75 ppg offensively ... Ironton went into the Warren Warrior Dome in an attempt to eliminate the first of the remaining challengers for the SEOAL crown ... Coach LaFon & Co. took a "W" back to I'town in the form of a hard fought 55-53 win over the Big Blue of WHS ... Oak Hill took on upstart South Webster in the land of the Jeeps Friday night - the Oaks of Coach Persin showed that they aren't ready to give up their stranglehold on the SOC by beating SW soundly 54-35 for the Oaks 9th win in a row ... Athens had yet another TVC challenger visit McAfee Gymnasium this past week in the form of the Vinton County Vikings ... VC dominated the dawgs for 3 and half quarters holding AHS to 26 points through 3 quarters ... Coach Skinners league leading Bulldogs TOOK the W away from the Vikings - scoring 32 points in the final period, overcoming an 11 point deficit in the final 2 minutes to drop VC 58-55 and drop any hopes of the Vikings taking a 3rd consecutive TVC crown ... Zane Trace as the leader of the SVC did what needed to be done in the week that was - get wins over teams they should beat - Unioto 62-38 and Westfall 92-57 ... the Pioneers have a big non-conference matchup coming up vs South Point down on the Ohio River Tuesday night ... Chillicothe at 8-5 took care of business vs "offenseless" 2-10 Marietta 63-48 ... the win sets up a BIG matchup of Ironton challengers Tuesday night as Portsmouth rolls up Rt. 23 to take on the Cavs - should have the Cheap Seaters rocking the Hat ... Coach Howie Caldwell's Reedsville Eastern Eagles keep rolling as EHS handily beat up on Trimble 64-36 to go to double figure wins on the season at 10-1 ...

... there you have the Week that Was in Southern/Southeast Ohio hoops at the top of the Elite 8 list ... the week that IS promises to give us more opportunities for the treehugger teams to move into the top 8 while others jockey for position to make a final bid for the elite 8 as the season winds down ...

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio Week #9 ...

1. Logan Elm (13-2)

2. Peebles (14-0)

3. Ironton (12-2)

4. Oak Hill (11-1)

5. Athens (14-1)

6. Zane Trace (11-4)

7. Chillicothe (8-5)

8. Reedsville Eastern (12-1)

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

11-4 Warren Local
7-5 Portsmouth
10-3 Waverly
10-3 Chesapeake
10-4 South Point
10-5 Piketon
11-2 Washington CH
11-5 Hillsboro
9-2 South Webster
9-4 Vinton County
11-2 Eastern Pike
8-4 Lucasville Valley
9-3 Eastern Brown
7-6 Belpre
6-7 Jackson
5-5 Northwest
8-5 Huntington Ross
7-6 Leesburg Fairfield
9-6 Alexander
7-7 Fairfield Union
9-7 Manchester
9-6 Greenfield McClain
9-3 Southern
6-6 Wheelersburg
7-5 Federal Hocking
5-10 Logan
6-7 Gallia Academy
6-8 Unioto
7-8 WhiteOak
10-4 Coal Grove
6-7 Fairland
6-6 Trimble
7-5 Symmes Valley
7-4 Green
2-11 North Adams
7-7 Nelsonville York
6-8 Portsmouth Clay

... Teams on the End Table ...

Circleville 2-11
Rock Hill
South Gallia 5-8
Wellston
Southeastern Ross 3-10
Portsmouth East

... high school basketball is so important to many this time of year , yet we are brought back to the reality that basketball is not the most important event that is taking place in the lives of the young people we watch every week Below the Line . This past week we were informed of the passing of Charlie Countryman - father to Andy Countryman PG for Peebles HS ... Andy's father succumbed to pancreatic cancer this past week ... Andy our condolences, our thoughts and prayers go out to you , your family and the Peebles community for your collective loss ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by TribeManiac10 »

:122245 Good to see some stability this week. Andy is a great kid and I wish him the best of luck. I just heard on another thread that every Peebles fan at the Fairfield game this tuesday is supposed to wear a black ribbon in remembrance of Charlie's life.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

thanks pfloyd....what a class act you are! We at Peebles appreciate your thoughts.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

Glad to know there are many folks out there in basketball land who are still human and realize what is important in life. Thanks from Peebles, pfloyd.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Great Job!!!

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Pfloyd, it was very thoughtful of you to mention the loss of Charlie Countryman's life. The Countryman family is greatful to all the kind words spoken by many on this site.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Pfloyd: Correction - Piketon Redstreaks are 11-5 after the Zanesville loss.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Finally, my Trojans will actually have earned the elite 8 status by weeks end. With games @Chilli and @Marrietta, if we come out on top in both these contests we set ourselves up for some serious notariaty. Followed by home against Northwest and Ironton. Pfloyd placed us on his list of elite's too soon. IMO we had not earned it the time he had given it to us. However, I predict us to go unscathed in the next few games then everybody can take notice to what Coach Collins has brought back to Southeast Ohio. That being Trojan Pride.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What did I tell ya Floyd ... I tried to offer good intel. about Athens prior to the season so you could just save time by putting them from the get-go ... but you wouldn't listen to the 'Ol Dog.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Condolences to the Countryman family and the Peeles communinty from Pa.
Big two weeks for the Trojans,key to roll out of Chilli tommorow with a win...its time to build momentum heading into the tournament!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia is 5-8 now. Thanks.

Hey Pfloyd, Logan turned 6 and now is in kindergarten. He was just awarded Star Reader in his class. He is a beast on the court at an early age. The power of prayer is great. Thanks again. Also, my wife and I are expecting april 2nd and were having another boy. God is good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... chef ... this is what I have for Piketon's games thus far ... who am I missing in the win column? so I can correct my napkin stat sheet ... thanks ...

Piketon

Hillsboro W 68-50
Zane Trace W 63-43
Huntington L 49-52
Westfall W 76-58
Paint Valley W 94-52
Col Mifflin L 84-85
Adena W 81-29
Eastern Pike W 77-53
Waverly L 48-50
Unioto W 49-44
Zane Trace L 71-75
Huntington W 70-58
Westfall W 56-42
Paint Valley W 79-56
Zanesville L 54-66

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... futurebkstar ! no way !!!!! 6 years old already !!!! it doesn't seem possible that it has been that long since the youngster of "huddle fame" was born ... wow ... I bet he IS quite a hoopster ... still have the video you sent of Logan's first hoop in competition ... and now a little brother on the way - fantastic stuff right there fbs ... congratulations to your entire family ... give Logan a fist bump for old pfloyd ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson is 6-7

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

PF, great job...keep it up...will not be long to tourney and then the real fun begins...
Thanks from an old Trojan out west
wipalawalt

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon had a makeup game with Southeastern on 1/26, they won the game 56-28.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...thanks eagles73...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think Reedsville Eastern has more than 10 wins dont they

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Peebles over Leesburg Fairfield 64-41

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons beat another one of those foreign teams tonight Tolsia 62 -50. Tolsia was a good team that is pretty young . They had a kid 6'3 that was a player and he is only a soph. Fairland started out slow falling behind early by 7. Fisher had 2 early fouls and Bloomfield also was saddled with 2 early in the 2 qt. Bloomfield led the dragons in scoring with 21.Anthony Dillard came in off the bench and did a nice job for the dragons.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”