Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by pfloyd »

... Mother Nature continued to throw snowballs at Southern/Southeastern Ohio forcing the postponement of games on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday in the Week that Was ... as teams were able to get back into competition Friday night lots of "rust" was being knocked off AGAIN ... as the snow was cleared in the parking lots, off the roads we were treated with quality games heading into the Sectional Seedings this weekend ... let's look at how the abbreviated menu of games effected the Elite 8 and the teams trying to get into the Elite 8... the schedules are dwindling as we put our snow shoes back on to do battle with the weather yet again with 5-8 inches of "white death" is due to arrive Monday here in the Hocking Valley ...

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

1. Logan Elm (15-2)

2. Peebles (17-0)

3. Ironton (15-2)

4. Oak Hill (15-1/16-0)

5. Athens (17-1)

6. Zane Trace (14-4)

7. Reedsville Eastern (16-1)

8. Warren Local (14-4)/Washington CH (16-2/17-1)

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

Waverly 13-3
Chillicothe 10-7
Hillsboro 10-8/13-5
Portsmouth 9-6
Chesapeake 12-4
Vinton County 12-4
Piketon 12-6
South Point 11-6
Eastern Brown 10-6/12-4
Lucasville Valley 12-5
South Webster 12-3
Eastern Pike 14-2
Greenfield McClain 10-7
Huntington Ross 11-7
Belpre 8-7
Jackson 8-9
Alexander 10-8
Southern 11-4
Fairfield Union 7-10
Fairland 8-8
Unioto 8-9
Manchester 9-8
Leesburg Fairfield 7-8
Federal Hocking 9-8
Wheelersburg 7-8
Symmes Valley 9-5
Trimble 10-6
Gallia Academy 6-11
WhiteOak 8-8
North Adams 5-12
Coal Grove 13-4
Marietta 3-14
Logan 5-12
Nelsonville 7-10
Portsmouth Clay 7-10
Circleville 2-14
South Gallia 7-9

...Teams on the End Table ...

Southeastern Ross
Green
Rock Hill
Westfall
Portsmouth East
Wellston

... as always we wish all teams the best heading into the Week that IS ... and as always please notify the committee of one - me - concerning any/all records posted that need corrected or as we have seen throughout the season might even see where the committee has omitted a team by mistake lol ... also please post regularly scheduled games for this week (days/location), as well as make up games for this week ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

open_post
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by open_post »

pfloyd,

Logan Elm has Hamilton Township at home on Monday, @ FU on Tuesday and Canal Winchester at home on Friday....if you want to see a great game, the game with Canal could be for the MSL title.....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks open post for the menu for LE ... I'll put a star beside the Friday game for sure, would like to see the FU rematch as well ...

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Yes, pfloyd that FU rematch should be a good one. Now that Feasal is back for FU they are even better. Warren vs. FU in sectional semi-final will be a great game

SGHS RBEBELS15
Freshman Team

Post by SGHS RBEBELS15 »

nice to see South Gallia move from the end table to Treehugger

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan DII Sectional matchups :

Feb. 22nd
8 New Lex vs. 9 Marietta

Feb. 23rd
Semi-Final

2 Athens vs. 7 Gallia

3 Warren vs. 6 Fairfield Union

Feb. 24th
Semi-Final

1 Logan Elm vs. 8/9 winner

4 Sheridan vs. 5 Vinton County

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Ozzie for putting a sticky on the Elite 8 thread ...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You are welcome.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

North Adams is 5-12.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Out of the 9 teams in the DII Logan sectional....

seeds 1-3 (LE, Athens, Warren) are all in PFloyds top 8..

4 seed Sheridan isnt on the list but has 13 wins..

VC is 12-4..The Vikings have lost 3 games by a total of 6 points to two (2) teams inside the top 8 (Athens x2, Zane Trace) all 4 losses by a total of 16 points combined.

The number 6 seed (Fairfield) has taken down Logan Elm this season...How many teams can say that? --In the past 5 years?? Not many!

7 seed (Gallia) and 9 seed (Marietta) play in a tough league..

8 seed (New Lex) always is a tough out in the tournament.

I think you could make a case for this being the strongest sectional in the SE District.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just so we have all the brackets in one place - courtesy of I92

http://seodab.org/brackets/2010/boysbb/ ... 010_d2.pdf

http://seodab.org/brackets/2010/boysbb/ ... 010_d3.pdf

http://seodab.org/brackets/2010/boysbb/ ... 010_d4.pdf

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... was looking over the D2 match-ups ... out of all of the Divisions Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line D2 has the potential for the most "upsets" imo ...

First tier of the Logan Sectional ... (4) Sheridan vs (5) Vinton County ... a toss up game ... either team getting the win doesn't make it to the promised land of the Convo as they matchup against Logan Elm to try to get to Basketball Thirty ... ain't happen'n ... Logan Elm goes ...

First tier of the Southeastern Sectional ... imo 2 U-Pick'em games in the first round ... (2) Waverly vs (7) Jackson ... on paper the Tigers of WHS should take care of bidness BUT (and there is always a but) IF the Jackson TEAM that showed in the 8 Ironmen "W's" don't be surprised to see Jackson in Rd 2 ... if Chillicothe was as predictable as they SHOULD BE - the Cavs get penciled in automatically BUT (there's that but again) Chilli has been a mystery ... which Cavs team shows on Tuesday the 23rd vs Unioto? UHS would like nothing more than to show up the big city boys ... my Ouija Board says to write the Cavs into Rd 2 in "ink" but my gut says "pencil" - then again that might just be indigestion ... odds makers have Waverly vs Chillicothe in the "big game" for the trip to A'town ... BUT ( yeh you got it ...) ...

Second tier games at Southeastern ... Washington CH gets waved on through to take on ????? the winner of (4) Hillsboro vs (5) Greenfield McClain ... tough call - Hillsboro has beaten McClain twice (61-46 and 55-52 ot) ... GM has the patience game to get it done vs the boro ... control the game , make it a toss up going into the 4th quarter ... flip the coin in game 3 between these two teams ... as to who goes to the Convo? Washington CH has beaten McClain in their one get together 59-52 ... vs Hillsboro the Lions are 1-1 on the court while on the record it shows up as 2-0 ... I'm taking Washington CH to make their first trip back since Pfifer & Co. ...

Second Tier games in Logan ... (2) Athens vs (7) Gallia Academy ... an upset special in the making - early season meeting between these two teams had the Bulldogs routing the Blue Devils by 25 points (56-31) BUT (yes, it's there again) GAHS has been playing the tough defensive version of Ozzie Ball - holding 5 of their last 6 opponents under 42 points ... while Athens every game out has been the team that has controlled the tempo of the game, AHS has scored when they've needed to 76 points vs Belpre/78 vs Logan both wins for the dawgs ... interesting game, GAHS has their leading scorer back in the lineup - does the addition makeup 26 points on the board? ... Athens goes to round two ... vs the winner of what could be the most unpredictable game in D2 sectional play Below the Line ... Warren Local vs Fairfield Union ... WLHS has been playing as well as anyone in the SEOAL of late - knocking off Chilli/Marietta on the road this past week while taking league leading Ironton to OT before dropping a 53-55 decision ... Fairfield Union has played in arguably the toughest night in night out league Below the Line - the MSL - playing the likes of LE twice (AND beating LE @ Logan Elm), Canal Winchester twice, Bloom Carroll twice - let's say that they are battle tested ... SEOAL vs MSL in this one - my heart says to take Warren Local but once again the rumblings in my gut say THIS ONE may be an upset of the #3 seed by #6 ... Warren wins Warren goes to the Convo by beating Athens ... FU wins Athens goes to the Convo to take on the Lions of Washington Court House ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

You certainly have done your homework pfloyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... MM ... I'll do the D3 matchups in the next day or so - IF there's a "snow day" here in the Land of the Purple I'll do it tomorrow ...

... I'town has a cake walk to the Convo ... some good 2nd round match-ups Portsmouth vs Lucasville Valley with the result setting up a possible Portsmouth vs Peebles get together ... Oak Hill vs Wheelersburg ... Belpre vs Fairland interesting contests ... the possibility of a SVC matchup with Zane Trace vs Huntington ... an OVC "third" game between South Point/the 'Peake ( the 2nd matchup as yet to take place - this week I imagine - Chesapeake winning round one 68-61... AND looking further into the crystal ball a third round fight between Piketon and Zane Trace in A'town ... lots of possibilities, no matter how they pan out on the court those of us in the "cheap seats" are treated to the best show around by the student athletes in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I tend to think we won't play until Wednesday here in the great, white Northwest Territory. LE hosts Hamilton Township and Roundtown hosts Canal.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

It's too bad that the "White Death" has to hit at this point. Logan Elm and Canal Winchester could have had it set up to have a true MSL Championship game at Logan Elm had both won out this week. I really hope LE doesn't have to play three games in a row this week.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

^ I tend to think the schedule will go Wednesday, Friday and Saturday for Logan Elm and Canal if tomorrow's games are postponed (I look for that to happen). I doubt either team wants to play each other playing its third game in a role.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

We didnt get the snow that was expected this way but they canselled everything anyway. Anything happen in SE Ohio?

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

bman- that would be much better than three straight for the boys. I wouldn't be able to make it though because sibs weekend is saturday and I'm already going down :oops: . Just love snow season lol.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”