Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd »

... what a ride folks! the 2009-10 campaign in hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line had more ups and downs than any ride at Cedar Point ... if one thing can be picked out to describe the overall feeling I got while traveling Southern/Southeastern Ohio it would be the "parity of basketball" Below the Line ... it's not even fair to say that there were no dominant teams - IF you made some road trips to see the better teams in a number of the conferences you would have seen what I saw - we HAVE many many quality teams all across this part of the state ... the basketball talent is as good as it has been during any year ... don't know about anyone else BUT I thoroughly enjoyed the quality of basketball that was showcased this past regular season - outstanding! outstanding TEAMS, outstanding individual talent as well ... a BIG thank you to the coaches, the players, the school personnel, the communities, and the fans that have made this a memorable regular season for my committee of one - me - you people are amazing, I thank you all for making every single road trip I made outstanding ... thank you.

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio - Final Edition 2009-10 ...

1. Logan Elm (18-2) ... MSL Buckeye Champions

2. Peebles (18-0) ... SHL Champions

3. Oak Hill (17-1/18-0) ... SOC II Champions

4. Ironton (17-3) ... SEOAL Champions

5. Athens (18-1) ... TVC - Ohio Champions

6. Zane Trace (16-4) ... SVC Champions

7. Reedsville Eastern (19-1) ... TVC-Hocking Champions

8. Warren Local (16-4)

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

18-2 Washington CH ... SCOL Champions
12-7 Chillicothe
12-6 Portsmouth
14-4 Chesapeake ... OVC Champions
14-5/11-8 Hillsboro
13-5 Waverly
14-6 Piketon
14-5 Vinton County
14-4/12-6 Eastern Brown
15-3 South Webster
12-7 Greenfield McClain
11-7 South Point
12-6 Lucasville Valley
17-2 Eastern Pike ... SOC I Champions
11-8 Huntington Ross
9-10 Jackson
10-8 Fairland
10-8 Belpre
10-9 Alexander
7-13 Fairfield Union
14-4 Southern
8-11 Unioto
11-8 WhiteOak
10-9/9-10 Leesburg Fairfield
10-9 Manchester
8-10 Wheelersburg
11-6 Symmes Valley
11-8 Trimble
9-10 Federal Hocking
6-13 North Adams
7-13 Gallia Academy
13-4 Coal Grove
3-16 Marietta
5-15 Logan
........ Northwest
..8-9 South Gallia
8-11 Nelsonville
9-11 Portsmouth Clay
2-17 Circleville

... Teams on the End Table...

Westfall
Rock Hill 6-12
Southeastern Ross
Wellston 7-11
Green

... there you have it - the Final Edition of the Elite 8 for the 2009-10 basketball season ... as I posted above - great season team wise and individual talent wise for all of us "Cheap Seat" guys to take in ... it comes together every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday night for a few hours just to give us all something to talk about in person, in the papers, on SEOPs ... I would like to thank SEOPs mods, mattash and those of you who have followed, contributed to the Elite 8 all season ... I haven't seen a thread that is any better than the Elite 8 at keeping the masses informed about as many teams as we have Below the Line on a weekly basis, the information provided by ALL of you is outstanding, the "agreeing to disagree" - THAT'S just as important as well ... thank you all for making this segment of my year - hoops regular season on through the "survive and advance" season - special ... for the most part I think the committee of one - me - has done a fair job in dealing with all of the divisions based on school size, team strength of schedules, the obvious win/loss records to come up with "one persons" ranking of the teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... as always I wish the best for ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line as everyone begins their trek on the "Road to the Convo" beginning tomorrow night ... as for all of the "seopsters" keep writing down those "napkin stats" ... posting your information in the post season ... giving us all your thoughts on the "one and done" season ... look forward to running into many of you during the "3 Weeks of the Convo - Basketball Thirty" - District thru Regional action ... thank you all ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles is still 18-0. We have Green tommorow and Manchester on Wednesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with this being the final edition for this season please make corrections in the records as recorded on the lists - with so many make up games, etc. it has been very tricky in trying to find game information because many of the usual sources don't have the makeup dates etc... thanks for your patience with these Mother Nature related issues - IF nothing else I'll blame any and all issues on "squirrels" lol ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's that "darn" Ouija Board - thinks it can foresee the future !!! LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with the regular season games being played while sectional play begins PLEASE post the results of these regular season games , it's greatly appreciated ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

As always, outstanding job pfloyd...here's a few SHL records for you:
Peebles 18-0
Eastern Brown 14-4/12-6
Manchester 10-9
Fairfield 10-9/9-10
Whiteoak 11-8
North Adams 5-13.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jchitwood ... thanks, just corrected the records for the SHL teams ... by the way thanks for ALL of your assistance in helps ALL of us keep tabs on the SHL teams this year - has made it soooooo much better not only for keeping track "napkin stat" wise but it has given all of us a chance to get to know the SHL teams,players so much more this season ... great job ...

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Another great year Pfloyd. I appreciate all the hard work you do at compiling your list. I think you should consider coming to the Fairland vs. Belpre game this Fri. at 8:30 at Athens High school. IMO this will be one of the better games in sectional play.
Last edited by bucking red on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I enjoy this list more than anything else on this site. Thanks for working so hard at this.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

great job this season i really enjoy the work you do and this is the best topic on this site

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nice list.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Yes,
I agree pfloyd has compiled a very good list. The amazing part is that he stuck to his guns and used scheduling and talent when ranking the teams.
Nice list and thanks for coming down route 180 to see the Pioneers twice this year.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, from a old Trojan in Arizona all I can say "The lunatic is on the grass, the lunatic is on the grass, remembering SEO games and daisy napkins and laughs, Got to keep the loonies on the path" Thanks to the other Pfloyd for letting me mess with their words...PF, in otherwords...THANKS!!!! I really looked forward each Sunday night and the following days to read about my beloved Trojans...Tobais,,,get after the Men of Troy....this is their time to Shine...
wipalawalt :122249

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Biggest upset wins of the year?

Manchester over Ironton @ Ironton

Lynchburg Clay over Greenfield @ Greenfield I think

Fairfield Union over Logan Elm

What else? Other pretty big upsets occured but many were for injuries, suspensions or difficult league making for lower than expected records.

supertrooper
Waterboy

Post by supertrooper »

Chesapeake is 14-4. Losses to Ironton, Waverly, Campbell Memorial, and Portsmouth. Great job this year, as always, pfloyd.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I appreciate your work as always PFloyd. I still say that you did not give Eastern Pike enough "love" on your list. Stength of schedule must be considered, but that team ran the table in the league (winning at New Boston, East, Green, and Symmes Valley) which is a rare feat and only lost to 2 state tourney teams from a year ago!

I especially feel this way with Reedsville being elite 8 with their schedule? Have you seen any TVC Hocking games? It makes no sense to me. Guess I'll have to start my own list...lol :lol:

Thanks again for all your effort this season Pfloyd!

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

Valley is 13-6.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

pfloyd...I appreciate all what the committee of one,"you", does in keeping us far away prepsters in touch with what happens in the good ole southeast and more. Your efforts are beyound reproach.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman,
what about cincinnati d4 #6 seed fayetteville over southeast/valley d4 #3 seed manchester? the cincinnati d4 only has one team over .500. very weak sectional.
your boys at whiteoak kinda got the shaft ending up behind green and manchester in the seeding.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

thanks sparky

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”