Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by smurray »

Hey Coach Kelley, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night.
Da Tigers . . . of Waverly played one great game tonight!

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Tigers....I was two for two tonight....I called Waverly with the win if Martin was able to play, and I also called the Burg win over Oak Hill, which I know you were excited about! I, too, said that Bendolph is a "tourney player"..which means, when the bright lights are on, he generally lights it up...He has done it the past two seasons in the first round of tourney games...no different tonight from what I hear.

Congratulations on the win, and we hope to keep the Pike County teams rolling....Be nice to have 3 county teams in the districts this year! We'll see.....See you tomorrow night!

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

Northwest (9-9) will take on Zane Trace (17-4) in one D3 District Semi-Final.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Northwest/ZT will be a great matchup....ZT struggled much of the game last night against Crooksville before pulling away late...Northwest is a tough team to defend with Crabtree and Leslie's in-and-out game...I like ZT in the matchup, but should be a good game at OU.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd the dragons didn't play their best tonight but they played hard as always. If Fairland hits their freebies they win by double digits also they had a lot of calls not go their way. Boomer was fouled going to the basket in the second Ot with about 1 or 2 seconds left but did not get the call.The dragons are going to makeup their game against River Valley tues. It will be a sad night as I will watch my son play his last game for Fairland. Hopefully I will feel like coming to the Convo this weekend . :aaaaa22

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

If the Dragons had a true ball handler maybe it would have worked out ????

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Bleacherbum are you serious?

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Eastern Brown 60-35

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Quoting Bucking Red ......"Symmes Valley is a well coached team. Their problem is IMO they lack a true ball handler. Tibbs is a heck of a player and can go off for 30 at anytime!".......I then might ask..... were you ?????

.......and no I was not serious in my question to you about the Dragons......I think Fairland has a very talented group of kids !!!
Congrats on a great season with a group of boys who were always hustling and never gave up.

I think enough positive can be said on here without picking one kid out who's probably doing his best and wishes he could be all that his team needs.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I have seen Symmes Valley play several times and I think they lack a true point guard. I have had conversations with several coaches who think the same thing. IMO you need at least 2 kids that can handle the rock to be successful. No one kid can handle a good press and I think the Vikings will have trouble when they run into a team that applies a lot of pressure.

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Good call OVC Fan.....me gots a liitle distracted there...
Last edited by Bleachrbum on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Pfloyd, Getting back to the true subject of your post...Ironton and Peake both won tonight in Jackson. Ironton big and the Peake by small double digits. Gonna be a fun District in Athens!

the pink panther
Waterboy

Post by the pink panther »

Not making any excuses for Zane Trace, but they did have a 2 hour and 30 minute bus ride (should take 1 hour) that was 45 minutes late to the tip-off and immediately got off the bus and started warming up. This might have led to the 19 first half points and the 40 second half points. Did anyone else have a similar situatuion, because of the weather? I will give Crooksville credit they had a good first half game plan... leave everyone open to shoot, because we could not throw it in the ocean in the first half.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fairland also arrived late to Athens.I believe they were on the bus for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

Thats right fairland was on the bus for two and a half hours went into the locker room got dressed and went and warmed up

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's time! Basketball Thirty!!!! is now in sight!!! the 3 Weeks of the Convo ! time for the $4.50 pizza, $2.50 Cokes, $2.00 Waters ... gotta love the American ways of "bleeding" us high school sports fans LOL - it's all good - I've taken out a loan so I have $$$$ for game tickets & food - may have to hang out with 93dog so he can get me into the Hospitality Room for FREE dogs, tootsie rolls and chips !!!! LOL ...

... looking forward to seeing many of the seops folks during the next 3 weeks of district/regional play ... IF the Menu of Games play out anything at all like we have been witness to thus far in sectional action this could be a Road to the Convo year to remember ... best of luck to ALL the teams who have advanced - congratulations on moving on in the "Survive and Advance" season ...

Bleachrbum
Freshman Team

Post by Bleachrbum »

Why did the OSHAA change all their game dates and tmes to TBA this afternoon rather than the specific times and dates that were on there at noon ???

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

With South Webster's sectional win: that gives the SOC 2 division five sectional winners out of eight teams. Of the three that did not win a sectional was the undefeated league champs Oak Hill.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

soccerfix,
But they were beaten by another SOC2 team which means only 7 of the 8 could have advanced in the first place. 5 of 7 is a pretty good %. West and Minford the only two not to advance.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

soccerfix wrote:With South Webster's sectional win: that gives the SOC 2 division five sectional winners out of eight teams. Of the three that did not win a sectional was the undefeated league champs Oak Hill.

Ironic.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”