Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
datchillicav
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Post by datchillicav »

Chillicothe could drop a little early in the season as coach K teams usually start a little slower and improve immensely as the season continues. Couple that with one of the toughest schedules in SEO and they could lose some games early, but regardless of how many they lose, they will be one of the best and most dangerous teams come tourney time. They will probably not have the best record in SEO this year but I believe they could very well be the best team. Chilli, Ironton, Piketon are my top three with the possibility of Portsmouth getting in the mix.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good job Pfloyd, we are off and rolling 8)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Good list to start the season now its time to play the games. Its not where you start it where you finish that matters most, so dont get upset now. Pfloyd always does a good job moving teams up and down as needed.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Great to see you back pfloyd. I've been waiting for this to come out for awhile now.

GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS...........

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York will be a very good team this year. It has taken a long time but we got the stable loaded and the horses are ready to run.

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Pfloyd - Where are the Buckeyes? Nelsonville-York is just a short jaunt down the road and can't get any love from you? The Buckeyes were sectinal champs last year and return 3 starters plus the best class of basketball athletes (jrs.) they have had in years. Hopefully you just forget them or do they have to do more to earn their way on the list?

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I like most of the top 8, I would start Chesapeake off at number 1 out of respect to their trip to the state. I also would have to put Southern up in the middle of the pack coming off a district runner-up and district champ and Nelsonville with most of their players back off their sectional championship. A few of the tree huggers coming off terrible seasons need to earn their spot. I think Manchester will be one of the better D4 schools, didn't see them on the list. I am like most people I think that D3 is going to be really exciting to watch in our area with teams like Chesapeake, Ironton Portsmouth and Peebles. Looks like you put a lot of time in this pfloyd, I enjoy reading it.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Charge wrote:I like most of the top 8, I would start Chesapeake off at number 1 out of respect to their trip to the state. I also would have to put Southern up in the middle of the pack coming off a district runner-up and district champ and Nelsonville with most of their players back off their sectional championship. A few of the tree huggers coming off terrible seasons need to earn their spot. I think Manchester will be one of the better D4 schools, didn't see them on the list. I am like most people I think that D3 is going to be really exciting to watch in our area with teams like Chesapeake, Ironton Portsmouth and Peebles. Looks like you put a lot of time in this pfloyd, I enjoy reading it.
He has Manchester in a tie for 8th on the list.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

My bad didn't see them

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

That looks like a great top eight, can't wait to watch some of these teams play. I have Dec 28 circled for a game I don't want to miss when number 2 meets number 3.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I hope the Rebels can move up that list a little.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some teams that "slipped" under the radar that "should" get a look all season include Nelsonville York, probably need to include Sheridan on the list as well ... the Buckeyes WERE on my original notes but I had them listed below Athens, Vinton County, Federal Hocking, Wahama - no excuse really didn't go much more than 4 deep in any league ... the committe of one - "me"- WILL be watching the play from the hardwood in Nelsonville for sure ...

... as far as Chillicothe being in the "one spot" I looked at what is arguably the BEST inside outside pair in Southern Ohio with London and Ragland ... ADD to that the Trans-Serbian Orchestra in Mr. Djacic as another offensive threat BOTH inside/outside, PLUS yet another Beverly to take any pg out of their game with his defense ... Ragland a D1 pick to UNLV, London TO BE a D1 pick ... imo they have to be considered at the one spot ... HOWEVER both Ironton AND Chesapeake can be/should be mentioned in the same breath as the Cavs both OUTSTANDING ball clubs, BOTH may have on paper BETTER starting 5's when adding the up side vs down side of each of the top 3 teams ... I love Coach Davis's style of coaching, he has great athletes with Kennedy "squared", McMaster, Copley, Thompson and new pg but familiar name in Patrick Hintz (imo Patrick will be a bigger scoring threat than Peter which WILL keep teams honest on the defensive end of the floor vs the Peake) ... looking forward to getting down to the Beast of the Southeast Tourney again this season in January ... then we have the Ironton Fighting Tigers- IF one goes with Ragland/London as THE best outside/inside threats in the PRESEASON - I would be willing to put money on Waginger/Fletcher as the possible regular season tandem on the outside/inside that will get most of the post season votes ... Defense IS the name of the game night in and night out on the hardwood ... TEAMS can/will have off nights on offense BUT IF your TEAM is built around the "Coach Stiverson Rule at Logan Elm - hold your opponent to 50 points or less" you WILL win a "bunch" of basketball games...

Chillicothe/Ironton/Chesapeake ARE "THE" teams that the rest of Southern/Southeast Ohio will be chasing all season ... Warren/Portsmouth/Piketon and Peebles looking to "win and advance" every time out ... I'm psyched for this season!!! should be outstanding year to be a Cheap Seat high school hoops fan ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hardwood ... I did not see any of these teams over the summer, all of my information comes from the "napkin stats" I keep every season on the teams I watch (which is many -my goal being to see all of my ranked teams during the season/I will see many of the top 8-15 teams more than one time during the regular season again trying to "fairly" evaluate these teams at different points in the season beginning/middle/end) ... I work during the summer so getting out to see teams during the summer isn't really possible for me BUT I do read the posts from many of you folks who do follow your teams during the summer practice seasons - summer doesn't sway me much, I take a look at "who" schools play during their summer schedules ie. Piketon travels to Cincinnati to take on the BIG BOYS (speed,defensive quicks, height, strength, SCORERS)- Coach Lisath's boyz see it all during the summer, they know where they need to get to in order to compete locally and at the next level ... sooo I do those kinds of comparisons when looking at the teams coming into the current season in addition to what they have coming back (which will be kids that I have seen the previous season(s)) ... I'm bias BUT in my mind the "committee of one" - me - does a good job of telling you up front what teams have or don't have ... I'm definitely NO expert BUT I do know what works on the basketball court and I feel I can tell others if teams have "it" or don't have it ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beat North Adams tonight at our preview 49-13

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

2010-2011 SOUTHERN HILLS LEAGUE BOYS PREVIEW

5:00 P.M. RIPLEY 31 WHITEOAK 36
6:00 P.M. LYNCHBURG-CLAY 20 FAYETTEVILLE 17
7:00 P.M. WEST UNION 13 FAIRFIELD 20
8:00 P.M. NORTH ADAMS 13 PEEBLES 49
9:00 P.M. MANCHESTER 28 EASTERN 20

* WhiteOak with the 36-31 is a red flag to keep an eye on the WhiteOak boyz this season.

* Peebles looks to be ready for the regular season putting up 49 two quarter points playing everyone.

The Indians should get off to a quick start with 4 of their first 5 games at home this season:

FRI 12-03-10 PEEBLES VS SOUTHEASTERN
FRI 12-10-10 PEEBLES* VS FAIRFIELD
TUE 12-14-10 PEEBLES AT CNE
FRI 12-17-10 PEEBLES* VS RIPLEY
TUE 12-21-10 PEEBLES VS NORTHWEST

... if you have not made it to a Peebles home game you are missing what high school hoops is all about - great tradition/fans/students/atmosphere ... get there this season!

* Manchester expected to be right behind Peebles took care of business vs Eastern Brown.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles went 5-0 today at Portsmouth with two wins over Wellston and 3 against Portsmouth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TribeManiac10 ... sounds good for Peebles going into the regular season for sure ... how did the Indians match up size wise with PHS on the inside ?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:TribeManiac10 ... sounds good for Peebles going into the regular season for sure ... how did the Indians match up size wise with PHS on the inside ?

Pretty well actually. I thought that Jacob Daniels(6'6") did a great job limiting Dion McKinley's production and putting the quicker combo of Blake Justice and AJ Chamblin on Underwood really began to frustrate the big man as the games went on. All in all I think the Indians played a solid series against Portsmouth at every position.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... look for continued good hoops to come out of Peebles this year - no reason the Indians shouldn't make yet another trip to the Convo in March ... how did Andy Countryman do? thanks for the rundown TribeM10 ...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:... look for continued good hoops to come out of Peebles this year - no reason the Indians shouldn't make yet another trip to the Convo in March ... how did Andy Countryman do? thanks for the rundown TribeM10 ...

No problem, Andy Countryman played really well all around. He scored consistantly driving to the hoop and showed touch from behind the arc. He got after it on defense as well forcing some turnovers while limiting his own. I think Trent Arey and Tyler McFarland should be mentioned as well....Trent played lockdown D on a Wayne Evans who just got done torching Wellston from outside and Tyler showed his ability from long distance knocking down a number of 3 point shots.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”