Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 2/13

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks 93dog for the TVC results ...

Eastern Reedsville 61
Southern 48

Chesapeake 88
Coal Grove 28

Peebles 75
Lynchburg Clay 45

Alexander 38
Athens 30

Ripley 68
Manchester 54

Trimble 53
Federal Hocking 43

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more

South Gallia 62
Miller 50

Belpre 55
Waterford 50

Meigs
Nelsonville York

Wahama
Buffalo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No problem Floyd ...

BTW ... I want you to keep this in mind buddy before you release a new elite 8.

"It's not the wins that you define you as team, but how you respond to the losses."
- Thad Matta

Now ... If I were to apply this theory to Vinton County - I would say their doing pretty darn well. Minus the early season 6-point loss to Dover at the Convo: The Vikings have avenged their other two losses in the last two weeks ... They easilly handled Meigs 68-52; and then turned around and crushed Wellston tonight by 34 points (76-42.)

Those two wins - sandwiched around a win over Piketon & Logan - should be enough for an elite 8 ranking Floyd ... Or do they have to beat Jackson tomorrow night to be worthy?

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

I agree 93Bulldog. Vinton County is playing great ball on both sides of the court. I think this has turned into one of the best defensive VC teams I have seen. Started very slow to start the season, but Coach Combs has fine tuned these young men into an aggressive defensive team. And the offense has turned on at the right time also.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... both Vinton County and Reedsville Eastern have gotten the attention of the committee of one - me - two teams where their respective coaches (Coach Combs and Coach Caldwell) have done probably their best coaching jobs yet ... just have to see where all of the pieces fall behind those closed doors Sunday and Monday ... the Last Elite 8 of the Season comes out Monday night after the Sheridan vs John Glenn get together for all the marbles in the MVL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol ... Behind closed doors ... You kill me Floyd!

I tell you what is hillarious ... I swear Floyd, me and you had this EXACT same argument over 8 years ago my friend!!! I wanted Vinton County, a team led by Bethal, Dixon and Ousley in the top 8 - but you insisted on putting a team like Marietta I believe it was (or a team like 'cough, cough' Morgan) in the No. 8 spot ... And then one week I believe it was your 'Rat Pack' buddies (Ressler, Hughes & Kratzenberg) occupying a spot ... But never the Vikings unitl very, very late in the season.

And then I would always have Howie's boys (Cozart, Simpson, Cross, Dill) in the Elite 8 ... But the Eagles couldn't crack Floyd's elite 8 - I think maybe very late in the season you may have slipped them in their.

Funny thing is: I WASN"T EVEN A TVC SUPPORTER back then! lol ... I was an SEOAL member ...

But typical me: Always standing up for the 'little guy!'

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the problem this season is that the SEOAL has 3 of the top teams in all of Southern Ohio - Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Warren ... throw in Marietta for good measure ( the Tigers have lost 6 games ALL to Chilli, P'town & Warren) ... had these teams been in different leagues you might have seen these teams 1,2,3 on the Elite 8 ... only 8 slots to fill - if you look at the teams, strength of schedules, one realistically can't say that there are many other teams Below the Line who can beat these 3 teams ... throw in the Peake (who I feel CAN compete with these 3 nightly and has the athletes/size to be that number one team over the SEOAL threesome), an offensive minded Peebles squad, a Sheridan ball club which is as good as any on the list ... quality teams in Piketon who has shown to struggle vs great defensive teams (ie Zanesville), and an offensively weak Logan Elm squad which relies on the "50 points or less" defensive philosophy to keep them in games/get them W's ... LE is lacking that "star power" offensive threat this season ... is there room for the Vinton Counties or the Easterns on the Elite 8? we will see what the committee of one - me - is thinking as we go thru the weekend ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more

Meigs 59
Nelsonville York 50

Portsmouth Clay 58
Ports. Notre Dame 57

WhiteOak over West Union

Bloom Carroll 84
Circleville 61

Leesburg Fairfield 54
Eastern Brown 56

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree with your 'top teams' Floyd ... No doubt about it.

It's the 7 & 8 slots that I'm eyeing up here ... Logan Elm (14-6) dropped another game tonight, and then you know how I feel about the Piketon/Vinton County thing already ... lol ... Even looking at common opponents the last few weeks for Piketon/VC.

Piketon - 46 (9-point win)
Zane Trace - 37

Vinton County - 57 (17-point win)
Zane Trace - 40

Piketon - 69 (17-point win)
Paint Valley - 52

Vinton County - 65 (21-point win)
Paint Valley - 44

*And then you have the Vikings straight-up win over Piketon 51-48.

BTW ... I can't believe you didn't finish my "Rat Pack" comment??? I only named 3 ... I can't think for the life of me who the 4th was ... You usually catch those Floyd ... lol

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Varsity
Warren 50 Gallipolis 46
JV
Warren 53 Gallipolis 34
Frosh
Warren 63 Gallipolis 61 (ot)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Patrick Howe was the 4th member of the Logan "Rat Pack" ... LOL

generalwatcher
Waterboy

Post by generalwatcher »

Sheridan 60 - Maysville 48. Sheridan (17-2) clinches a share of MVL title.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks generalwatcher for that Sheridan score ... did New Lex play tonight? ... I didn't see a score on the Newark newspaper website ...

generalwatcher
Waterboy

Post by generalwatcher »

New Lex beat Philo and I think the score was 40-34

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LE had its chances in the second half but missed six free throws and a few point blankers. Walker had a nice game for CW. Good, defensive game but LE doesn't have enough on offense right now.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

playing for pride at Warren this evening, Chilli clinches the SEOAL title congrats to them. Word of thought, If my napkin stats are correct the Trojans have not been beaten since returning from Florida. The warm air must have done them well

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

LetsGoPSU wrote:playing for pride at Warren this evening, Chilli clinches the SEOAL title congrats to them. Word of thought, If my napkin stats are correct the Trojans have not been beaten since returning from Florida. The warm air must have done them well

When we came back from Florida, we played at Chillicothe without Bendolph, our first game back from Florida and lost. But now is as good as anytime to hit our stride, as we've won 10 in a row and our last game of the regular season is on the road at Warren.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I wasn't able to get to the Logan vs Portsmouth game last night - my chemo treatments, although a month behind me now, and being back to teaching full time has had me totally drained by weeks end ... after taking last night off - I did listen to the game on the radio - looking forward to being at Warren tonight for the Warren vs PHS battle ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...generalwatcher ... thanks for the New Lex score ... saw where John Glenn beat up on West Muskingum by a 30 point spread - sets up that monster game Monday night with Sheridan ... there might be as many coaches and scouts in the stands as one has seen for a long time LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ... the Logan Elm inability to put points on the board is definitely their achilles heel ... I stand behind the LE defensive philosophy of holding the opponent to under 50 points per game BUT YOU as a team have to get to 50 or more to get the "W" - not happening of late for Coach Stiverson & Co. ... we'll be watching closely from the cheap seats here at the Logan Sectional this week ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”