Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Noitall
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by Noitall »

Not sold on chili being in top 8 with 8&6 record ,barely above 500 ,any team can play s tough schedule and lose hslf their games, other then that the list looks great

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Noitall wrote:Not sold on chili being in top 8 with 8&6 record ,barely above 500 ,any team can play s tough schedule and lose hslf their games, other then that the list looks great

No team wants them right now. Just go watch.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Noitall wrote:Not sold on chili being in top 8 with 8&6 record ,barely above 500 ,any team can play s tough schedule and lose hslf their games, other then that the list looks great
Go take a look at em. They can beat anyone in SE Ohio on any given night

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

I feel like any team can beat anyone in any given night but are you saying they ate good enough tobeat fairland,Athens,waterford,on a regular basis I know fairland is ranked at one but the other two are below them.
Not looking for an argument because I have not seen chili ,but have seen the other three I mentioned and they are very good

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Noitall wrote:I feel like any team can beat anyone in any given night but are you saying they ate good enough tobeat fairland,Athens,waterford,on a regular basis I know fairland is ranked at one but the other two are below them.
Not looking for an argument because I have not seen chili ,but have seen the other three I mentioned and they are very good
Chillicothe have VC everything they wanted and more, I'm sure VC doesn't want anything to do with them in the tournament.

Chillicothe would keep it close/respectable with Fairland

Chillicothe is better than Athens

Chillicothe beats Waterford 9 out of 10 times.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe had a rough start to the season with loses to a good bloom Carroll followed by a loss to Court house since that stretch they have lose by a half court buzzard beater against A good Miami Trace team, a Tough loss to a really good Vinton county team, two Loss to Some of the best best D1 schools in the state in Westerville south and Pickerington Central who both are loaded with D1 commits. During that stretch they have also beaten Logan Elm, Courthouse the second time around by 18, Wilmington, and Marion Franklin by 28, and still have Upper Arlington, another big matchup with Wilmington, Miami Trace and a cherry on top against cross town rival Unioto. In my opinion no one in the area is playing better than Chillicothe right now. They deserve to be in the top 8 and moved to 9-6 tonight with a 21 point win at Greenfield.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg is starting to get things going pretty well and move to 9-4 with a 68-55 win at South Webster.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Last night Portsmouth and Ironton played for the 156th time in series history, and it was absolutely a tale of two halves. The Fighting Tigers led 29-17 at the half and scored the first 4 points of the 3rd quarter to go up 33-17. After that, the Trojans outscored IHS 52-30 to win 69-63 to capture the 90th win by PHS in the series. DJ Eley and Mike Malone led Portsmouth with 19 points apiece, while Kendal Reynolds pitched in 18. The Trojans warmed up from the perimeter in the last 2 quarters, after a frigid first half. I can't recall another Trojan game in which two halves were so different. Sophomore Ethan Wilson of Ironton had an outstanding game with 33 points.

It is hard to predict what Portsmouth (9-4) will do from game to game being a jump shooting team, and last night's game was evident of that.

GO TROJANS!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

tvc_fan wrote:
Skiisme wrote:So, I guess tvc_fan is trying to make his point that Meigs beat Alexander. Let me ask you this question, since you are always trying to downgrade the Vikings. When your Meigs team played Alexander, did Alexander shoot near 70% from the floor? Did they shoot 50% from 3 point land? Did Ryan Davidson, who averages 4 points a game, go 9/9 and score 23 against you? I doubt it. VC is one of the strongest teams in this area and they do have a chance at making it to the final 4. When you are undefeated, every team comes at you with all they have. Alex, obviously had their best game of the season Friday night. They won on a last second shot. Just shows what a team has to do to beat the Vikings. You have to bring your A game. Anything less and you will lose.
Not anywhere in my post was I saying a thing about us beating Alex, I'm kind of giving Alex a little more credit for more then their shooting percentage, takes defensive pressure and what not to make the other team shoot a worse percentage.

If you read correctly, I wasn't even making Meigs out to look good, possibly why I said we have only beat one team up here (NY) that has a winning record.

They shot 70% so and so was 9/9, Your a great team, maybe after he hit say 4 or 5 adjust and get in his face. Make him alter his shot, force him to pass to someone that is only shooting 70% and not 100%.

Absolutely no disrespect for the Vikings, but give Alex some credit despite shooting 70%, Cause it was VC that couldn't stop it.
tvc_fan spends an awful a lot of time discussing the Vikings. I thinks, he protested too much. I think he is a closet Viking Fan.

First, do you really think that Matt Combs, wouldn't make any adjustments? However, if you had the pleasure to listen to him, he would say he made some mistakes, and there are things he probably could have done differently. As far as the Davidson kid, his last three 3's were over a 6'3" Naylan Yates, contested with a hand in is face, it was just that kind of night. Furthermore, some say that the circus is closing its tent flaps and going away, but I contend it is alive and well in Albany Ohio, so there was that.

The Vikings ARE NOT thinking Final 4 or anything like that. They are taking it one game at a time and dealing with the opponent in front of them. If the Alexander loss taught us anything, you can't take anyone for granted and we are going to get everyone's best shot. Every year the goal is the same, win the league, get to the Convo, after that we will take it as it comes. Just because, this is one of the better teams that Coach Combs has coached, nothing changed, win league, get to the convo. However, getting to the convo in itself, is a task. There are several good teams in the Logan sectional. To make any kind of tournament run, not only do you need to be good, but you have to stay healthy, and have a little bit of luck along the way.

So while you continue to disparage the Vikings with your subtle jabs, back-handed compliments, and innuendos, we will wish your Marauders the best, of course, with the exception on Feburary 3rd.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Well said Hawkeyes!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... if ANY team is thinking Final 4 right now they probably don't make it out of their sectional ... good TEAMS take every game as THE game - looking down the road passed that curve will only find you in a ditch somewhere NOT down the road ... Coach Combs & his staff are waaaaay to good to allow the "down the road" mentality to creep in ... if anything it is only the coaches who are thinking "beyond the curve" - when you have a team that has the TRUE potential to get from point A to point B to point C the coaches look at the potential match-ups "down the road" ... might even go watch a "down the road match-up team" during the season BUT the coaches never allow the "down the road" thinking to get beyond "coach talk" among themselves ... even "coach talk" isn't talking past "SECTIONAL" match-ups/seeding possibilities imo ... Final 4 berths are a reward for "surviving and advancing" in the unpredictable "one and done" post season imo ... they're the "Evan Yabs in the right spot at the right time for the tip drill basket in the regional final closing seconds" ...THAT'S what "plans" for getting down the road in the post season look like in real life ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

'Never talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you.' - coach Norman Dale

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:'Never talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you.' - coach Norman Dale

:)
Exactly !!!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Here in VC land, you will always hear. Win the league and make it to the Convo. One game at a time. That's the right mentality to have. When you see teams that have the potential to make it far in the one and done season. Some talk too far in the future. I see potential here , but never look past your next opponent. That's where upsets come into play.

SOCbuckeye
Waterboy

Post by SOCbuckeye »

The Northwest Mohawks pick up two wins over the weekend with wins against Portsmouth West and Ironton St. Joe. That gives them 4 wins on the season (4-13).

Pfloyd, I believe you may have missed one of their wins in the weekly rankings. The Mohawks also had wins at West Union and Whiteoak earlier in the year. Maybe this is enough to finally get them off the end table? :)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congratulations to Ridge Young for becoming Logan Elm's all-time leading scorer on Saturday in a tough 73-68 overtime loss to Bloom-Carroll. Young surpassed Tyler Evans (1,589 points) on a putback in the third quarter. Young led all scorers in the game with 31 points and currently has 1,609 career points.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bman wrote:Congratulations to Ridge Young for becoming Logan Elm's all-time leading scorer on Saturday in a tough 73-68 overtime loss to Bloom-Carroll. Young surpassed Tyler Evans (1,589 points) on a putback in the third quarter. Young led all scorers in the game with 31 points and currently has 1,609 career points.
Congrats. Fun player to watch

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”