Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by pfloyd »

... alright high school hoops fans Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line I HATE this time of the year!!! - holiday tournaments where scores aren't reported, games where the scores are reported WRONG on the AP sites, Ohio teams playing all of the foreign teams from KY and W Va, teams taking the week off, throw in the postponed/cancelled weather related games ... too hard to keep track of W's/L's records and remain accurate SOOOOOOOOOO with that in mind I am submitting the Elite 8 for the Week that Was Week #4 in Southern/Southeastern Ohio - I BELIEVE that the majority of records ARE IN FACT correct but I also know that I couldn't find a score for the Circleville vs Westfall, or Miami Trace vs Southeastern of So. Charleston ??? these teams are ranked excluding those game results ...

* any records that are incorrect will be adjusted, rankings should not change however; I appreciate your patience during the holiday season

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio - Week #4

1. Ironton (6-2)

2. Warren (5-1)/ Athens (6-1)

3. Logan Elm (7-1)

4. Oak Hill (8-0)

5. Eastern Brown (9-1)

6. Piketon (7-2)

7. Lucasville Valley (5-2)

8. Zane Trace (7-1) / Miami Trace (6-2)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Unioto (6-3)
Vinton County (6-2)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (7-1)
South Webster (5-1)
Minford (6-2)
Washington CH (6-3)
Peebles (6-2)
Fairland (6-3)
Eastern Pike (6-2)
Hillsboro (5-2)
Federal Hocking (6-3)
Wheelersburg (5-3)
Nelsonville York (6-2)
Chesapeake (5-3)
North Adams (6-4)
Coal Grove (7-2)
Southeastern (3-4)
Westfall (2-6)
Fairfield Leesburg (4-6)
Huntington (6-4)
Sheridan (4-3)
Whiteoak (4-4)
Marietta (4-4)
Chillicothe (2-7)
Portsmouth (3-7)
Greenfield McClain (4-4)
Paint Valley (4-5)
Portsmouth West (4-3)
Symmes Valley (4-3)
Wellston (5-5)
Portsmouth East (5-2)
Logan (2-4)
Waterford (3-1)
Belpre (3-5)
Gallia Academy (3-5)
Meigs (4-3)
Southern (4-4)
Trimble (4-5)
Fairfield Union (2-5)
Waverly (2-6)
Circleville (3-5)
South Point (4-5)
Portsmouth Clay (2-5)
Manchester (4-5)
Alexander (2-6)
Crooksville (4-3)
South Gallia (3-4)
St Joseph (3-5)
River Valley (2-5)
Rock Hill (2-5)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Lynchburg Clay (1-7)
Western Pike (1-7)
Miller (1-6)
Reedsville Eastern (1-6)
New Lexington (1-7)
Northwest (1-6)
Green (1-6)
New Boston (1-5)
Jackson (0-8)
West Union (0-8)
Adena (0-7)

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by 93Bulldog »

Taken from the old thread:

Gonna be very intresting to see how a young Bulldogs team handles things over the next two weeks ... their rivalry game @ Nelsonville-York (6-2) Friday should be a doozy ... they welcome Floyd's #2 team, Warren (5-1), to McAfee Gymniasum 4 days later ... take on Alexander next Friday before traveling all the way down to Chesapeake the next day to take on Fairland (6-3) at the Beasts Of The Southeast.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Ironton St. Joseph is currently 3-5

Wins: Portsmouth Clay (H), Rock Hill (A), Greenup, KY (N)

Losses: Eastern Pike (H), Sciotoville East (A), Coal Grove (A), Portsmouth West (N), Raceland, KY (N).

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Federal Hocking is (6-3)

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

The only score I found for Miami Trace was against Hamilton Township on the 29th. Miami Trace won 37-35.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks for the assists BWH, 93dog, frog ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I like South Webster higher. I keep forgetting Eastern Brown only has 1 loss.

A lot of these higher teams took it on the chin this week....but I can't tie Athens/Warren yet. They face soon?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Whiteoak is 4-4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

theuglytruth wrote:Whiteoak is 4-4
I know where he's coming from though.....wkkj had them at 2-6 and then they won 2 this weekend

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Athens hosts Warren on 1/8 ... Athens beat a good River Pilots squad last night at Marietta College 76-71 ... the Bulldogs matched the Pilots barrage of 15 treys with 10 threes of their own ... AHS played without starter Ryan Leuhrman who was replaced by twin Adam Leuhrman - who in my opinion had his breakout game for Coach Skinner showing he could hit the 15 foot jumper (10 pts) rebounded/blocked shots - the second part of Leuhrman "squared" became a "threat" for the 'dawgs at both ends of the floor ... throw in Ibi Watson (fr)(24 points) who does/did it all carrying AHS with 14 1st half points ; (fr) Zacchia Saltzman who took over a quarter on his own as well along with Joey Burrows ... Athens is deep - Joey Burrows, Ryan Leuhrman, Adam Leuhrman, Ibi Watson, Zacchia Saltzman, Sawyer Summers, Jared Elmore, Trae Williams ... size at all positions, length on the perimeter making their zone more than effective (Ryan Leuhrman), the personnel to play solid man defense with length/quicks/speed/size ... last nights "W" showed me the Bulldogs CAN score the ball (76 pts) when they had to - withstanding 15 treys! didn't lose their composure ... on a side note Coach Skinner the last 3 seasons has shown he is at the top of HIS game as well - last night's coaching performance in the 4th was near perfect ...

... I thought last nights performance at MC by Athens warranted the move up - big strides as a TEAM last night by AHS ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

a lot of your points Floyd sound eeeerily similar to the fellas comments made on the radio last night ...... we may have to look to see if any infringement laws were broken here.

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it was a great broadcast 93dog ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... it was a great broadcast 93dog ...

well thanks ... but I'm not ready to quit my day job or anything just yet ... lol ... I'm only a 'filler' and help out when needed ... I'll leave the broadcasting up to the young guys who have a future in it.

I did make sure I was put on the schedule for one of the LOGAN games though ... didn't want to pass up the opportunity to call a game against my own personal hated rival.

:mrgreen:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville defeated Westfall 59-43. And HT lost to Washington C.H., not Miami Trace.

A big game coming up with 7-1 Logan Elm going to 7-0 Bloom-Carroll on Friday.

Happy New Year to all.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks bman ... Happy New Year to you as well ... Bloom Carroll dismantled Logan by 18 Saturday night at BC ... McGlone is special for BC - should be a dandy LE vs BC ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote:... Athens hosts Warren on 1/8 ... Athens beat a good River Pilots squad last night at Marietta College 76-71 ... the Bulldogs matched the Pilots barrage of 15 treys with 10 threes of their own ... AHS played without starter Ryan Leuhrman who was replaced by twin Adam Leuhrman - who in my opinion had his breakout game for Coach Skinner showing he could hit the 15 foot jumper (10 pts) rebounded/blocked shots - the second part of Leuhrman "squared" became a "threat" for the 'dawgs at both ends of the floor ... throw in Ibi Watson (fr)(24 points) who does/did it all carrying AHS with 14 1st half points ; (fr) Zacchia Saltzman who took over a quarter on his own as well along with Joey Burrows ... Athens is deep - Joey Burrows, Ryan Leuhrman, Adam Leuhrman, Ibi Watson, Zacchia Saltzman, Sawyer Summers, Jared Elmore, Trae Williams ... size at all positions, length on the perimeter making their zone more than effective (Ryan Leuhrman), the personnel to play solid man defense with length/quicks/speed/size ... last nights "W" showed me the Bulldogs CAN score the ball (76 pts) when they had to - withstanding 15 treys! didn't lose their composure ... on a side note Coach Skinner the last 3 seasons has shown he is at the top of HIS game as well - last night's coaching performance in the 4th was near perfect ...

... I thought last nights performance at MC by Athens warranted the move up - big strides as a TEAM last night by AHS ...

Warren by 12

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'll take Athens +12 ...

since I'm already gonna be up 2 diners at BW3's on Ironman02 ... I my as well make it three ... lol ... what ya say I92 - are you willing to give my pups 12 points playing on their home court?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:I'll take Athens +12 ...

since I'm already gonna be up 2 diners at BW3's on Ironman02 ... I my as well make it three ... lol ... what ya say I92 - are you willing to give my pups 12 points playing on their home court?

Oh....Athens at home? Make that Athens by 11.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:I'll take Athens +12 ...

I haven't bet since I collect 2 Jackson Co veals and 2 mountain dews over a two season span on behalf of gahs4ever.

If I were to bet I'd only give you 7 points.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

12 ... 11 ... 7?

your faith is dwindling and the game is still over a week away ...

:)

How about you just cheer for your SEOAL brother - and I'll pull for the TVC ... and whoever wins can come back on here and brag a little.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”