Miller (2-1)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (0-2)

Teams on the End Table

New Lexington (0-3)
Green (0-3)
70Whiteoak (0-2)
Jackson (0-4)
New Boston (0-4)

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Vinton County will have every opportunity to move up I think this week ... Hosting Alexander (3-1) and Athens (1-0) on Tuesday and Friday.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

6 of the 8 teams are DIVISION II ... with D2 Vinton County and D2 Minford lurking.

Come on Floyd - what about the little guy?

lol

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Just curious.after your top eight. Are you ranking the rest in the order you see them, or just grouping them.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Its officially roundball season! pfloyds rankings are out! Look forward to them every week. You do a nice job with ranking all 72 teams here in SE Ohio.Hope to see my Eagles move up as the season goes.I think list looks pretty good.I expect Minford to move into top 8 soon.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Lynchburg actually beat Southeastern last Saturday. I think the rest of the SVC is correct though.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Lynchburg actually beat Southeastern last Saturday. I think the rest of the SVC is correct though.
… thanks for that correction daniC … I had Lynchburg winning 82-76 over SE on my napkin stats BUT the win turned into a loss somewhere along the line LOL … Lynchburg Clay moved up in the rankings with the "W" over Southeastern while Trimble (who is yet to play) dropped down into the Lynchburg Clay slot … Trimble plays Tuesday vs Belpre so they will begin their assault on the Treehugger Wannabe rankings …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… The rankings aren't perfect (yet) but getting closer after the first 2 weekends & first week of action … some BIG early season match ups Tuesday night :

Warren vs Fort Frye … always a big time back yard rumble in Washington County … Washington CH @ Chillicothe - one of the best in SEOhio in the Cavs Tommy Bolte sat in the CHS loss to Miami Trace this weekend (foot in a walking boot) … Unioto @ Adena - wow! two of the best starting lineups in SEOhio will be showcased in that one … Paint Valley @ Westfall … PV needing to right the ship following 2 loses to SVC heavyweights Unioto & Southeastern over the weekend …the TVC has a big matchup between Vinton County vs Alexander - both have their eyes on the league title as Athens has gotten even more shorthanded without both Ibi Watson (transferring) and now Zacchia Saltzman not playing hoops this season … Athen's thin bench will allow Alexander , Vinton Co. , Nelsonville York to be factors in the TVC "at the top" conversation … Lucasville Valley entertains Wheelersburg in an SOC heavyweight battle … in the OVC upstart Rock Hill hosts Coach Davis' Chesapeake Panthers … Fairland vs Coal Grove as teams on the river jockey for early positioning in the OVC race to keep pace with Portsmouth who takes on South Point to step off into the OVC title hunt … the Trojans trying to take 2 league crowns in the same year - SEOAL and the OVC … small school action Portsmouth Clay @ Eastern Pike as the Eagles want to keep the title running through Pike County …

… should be a great start to the week that IS Week #2 … I'm going to go to McArthur to watch Alexander vs Vinton County Tuesday night … should be a great game ! …

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Minford has 3 games this week. At South Webster on Tuesday, @ Northwest on Friday, & Columbus Bishop Watterson at SSU on Saturday at 4:30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oakfan wrote:Just curious.after your top eight. Are you ranking the rest in the order you see them, or just grouping them.

… oakfan - the rankings are as I see them from 1-72 based on records, performance on the court, opponents, strength of schedule, the pfloyd "eye test" (obviously only into the season by 2 weekends and 1 full week of action I haven't had the opportunity to see ALL of the teams BU T I have seen 19 different teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line so far with Logan a couple of times vs Unioto/Portsmouth) … I do my best to see as many teams as I can throughout the season … since I DO have a day job, the Tuesday night games I can see are usually local (SEOAL/TVC or MSL) teams … the teams West of Rte 23 and along the river are those that get slighted due to the distance I need to travel to get there on any given evening … Oak Hill is one of those "tweeners" not a LONG way away but most of their away games take them further away from the area towards South Webster, Portsmouth area … I want to see the youngsters for Oak Hill !!! they will make BIG strides under Coach Persin … as I've posted before I'm looking for that signature "W" that tells me they have arrived at the varsity level and will just keep getting better and better …

Chopper
Waterboy

Post by Chopper »

Portsmouth Notre Dame is 1-1. Beat North Adams and lost to East in OT

ironman
Waterboy

Post by ironman »

Just curious... Who did Circleville lose to?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville lost to a pretty good Bexley team. Bexley has three pretty good players and should be a strong team in the MSL-Ohio Division. Circleville had to replace three starters, including its starting point guard, from last season so there have been a few growing pains at times. The team has a ton of potential and should be getting a couple of players back to help out, one here pretty soon and another midway through the season.

Pfloyd, I'd say Logan Elm is a little too high on the honorable mention list.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If Logan Elm slides out of the picture a little, how big is this Friday's game in McArthur?

Yep, that's right folks, here we go again ... DII LOGAN SECTIONAL ... lol

FOUR TEAMS ENTER - 2 TEAMS LEAVE!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

just wondering out loud here, not making any predictions, but has any number one, made it all the way to the end on top? I think Portsmouth has a decent shot of taking a hit between now and 1/10, after that with health they have a great chance at running the table, that is if you remember, they always split with Warren, winning on the road and losing at home haha

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

My question is how is Chilly top 8 still, lost their best player til January, 0-2. How is ZT below WCH, they smoked them by 17pts. How's WCH spots behind LE who they beat?? I know it's early...but come onnnn now! (pot stirring commenced...)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:If Logan Elm slides out of the picture a little, how big is this Friday's game in McArthur?

Yep, that's right folks, here we go again ... DII LOGAN SECTIONAL ... lol

FOUR TEAMS ENTER - 2 TEAMS LEAVE!
Your friends from Warren may have something to say about getting the top seed. :122249

As for Logan Elm, it is in a developmental process with four new starters after losing 90 percent of its scoring and about 100 percent of everything else. There are some kids with potential but they have to get used to the grind of the varsity level. Tough week with games against Circleville and Miami Trace, two of the top teams over in the other sectional.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

haha I was already penciling Warren in as a guaranteed #1 or #2.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

The Warriors will slowly make their way back to #1! Quick question 93Bulldog or anyone else who may know but was the Warren-Athens game only moved back to give the kids playing football more time to prepare?

Go Blue!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WHS95FAN wrote:The Warriors will slowly make their way back to #1! Quick question 93Bulldog or anyone else who may know but was the Warren-Athens game only moved back to give the kids playing football more time to prepare?

Go Blue!
I have the slightest idea. I can ask someone and find out though.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”