Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 9

Post by pfloyd »

sforsha wrote:Thank you, we try to be up to date, but this time of the season is usually tougher than the start of it. This season has been CRAZY with all the postponements as in my 8-9 years of this I've never seen this many changes in the schedules. I'm really glad you like the site and we'll continue to improve on it.
... sforsha - as I said YOUR paper is the ONLY one that even ATTEMPTS to provide the game results service - and it IS greatly appreciated by myself and MANY others on here - as has been stated by seops folks in your neighborhood ... AND don't let us "cheap seat" guys get under your skin ! ... here's a statement by a better cheap seat guy than me - Theodore Roosevelt ... The Man in the Arena :

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

@Pfloyd...I'm not talking about history..i'm talking about right now! Those 4 state championships can't win our next game no more than they can win our last game. Who else of the elite 8 won at Warren? Who else on your elite 8 beat the only team that Logan Elm lost to? Athens best win is against Valley. No knock on either but if I'm being bias I want everyone to recognize why I'm being bias with reasonable conclusions. The only perception I'm talking about is who is better? You say we're 5th but you have listed 6 teams ahead of us. It may seem like I'm attacking your list but I'm only making a case for what happened over the course of this season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Pfloyd.....I also post the scores — both in the paper and on our website - for scores invloving all the SEOAL, SOC II and TVC-Ohio teams and ALL Southeast District Tournament games.

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com

It's under "Scoreboard"

In fact, I have it up to date for usually a week in advance.

So please don't say that "heck NO OTHER paper even tries to post the scores", because I do and I know the Logan Daily News does as well.

Thank you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:
...AWESOME !!! I can add the Jackson County Daily to the sites to check!!! looks like you have schools other than those that Jackson plays ... the Logan Daily gives scores for ONLY those teams that Logan plays ... when trying to find scores from ALL OVER Southern Ohio in the OTHER leagues SHAC,SCOL, OVC, MSL, MVL - you don't have those however ... I'm looking at the sheet I have in front of me 27 games with scores from tonight ... 34 games from Southern/Southeastern Ohio from last night

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

We also cover Oak Hill, which is all the SOC 2 teams.

We cover Wellston as well, which is all the TVC-Ohio teams.

The Ironton Tribune has the OVC, I believe Circleville Herald has all the MSL, Zanesville Times-Recorder MVL and Highland County Press SHAC and SCOL.

Hope this helps.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jgordon0315 wrote:@Pfloyd...I'm not talking about history..i'm talking about right now! Those 4 state championships can't win our next game no more than they can win our last game. Who else of the elite 8 won at Warren? Who else on your elite 8 beat the only team that Logan Elm lost to? Athens best win is against Valley. No knock on either but if I'm being bias I want everyone to recognize why I'm being bias with reasonable conclusions. The only perception I'm talking about is who is better? You say we're 5th but you have listed 6 teams ahead of us. It may seem like I'm attacking your list but I'm only making a case for what happened over the course of this season.

... and YOU can be as bias as you choose to be ... you're the one that brought up some type of "perception" of PHS ... I have no clue what you are talking about ... I have 3 teams Athens/Warren/Logan Elm at #1 - based on watching them and the other teams I have listed in my top 8 those 3 have set themselves apart from the pack ... I have seen Warren 4 times, Athens 4 times, LE 5 times, Valley 3 times, Unioto 2 times, Washington CH (2), Portsmouth (1), Minford (1), Zane Trace (2), Miami Trace (1), Eastern Brown (3), Sheridan (1), Southeastern (1), Circleville (4),Lynchburg (0), South Point (2), Chillicothe (1), Piketon (2), Fairfield (0) , Wheelersburg (0), Southern (0) , Alexander (2), Portsmouth ND (0), Vinton County (3), Fairland (2), Chesapeake (2), NY (0), Trimble (0), Coal Grove (1), McClain (1), and the list goes on ... I am only ranking teams based on what I see, SOS, read etc. ...

... I have posted on trojandaves thread/the Elite 8 the reasons for ranking PHS where I have them ... if you want to go back and read those - fine, If not - fine ... if you don't like my rankings follow the AP rankings D3

DIVISION III

1. Belmont Union Local (15) 15-0 189

2. Beachwood 14-2 159

3. Villa Angela-St. Joseph (5) 10-5 146

4. Lima Cent. Cath. 12-2 119

5. Chillicothe Zane Trace 14-2 116

6. St. Bernard Roger Bacon (1) 13-3 111

7. Lucasville Valley 16-2 90

8. Gilmour 13-2 84

9. Cols. Ready 12-5 25

10. Warrensville Heights 9-7 21

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11. Creston Norwayne 14, 12. Cols. Hartley 13.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:We also cover Oak Hill, which is all the SOC 2 teams.

We cover Wellston as well, which is all the TVC-Ohio teams.

The Ironton Tribune has the OVC, I believe Circleville Herald has all the MSL, Zanesville Times-Recorder MVL and Highland County Press SHAC and SCOL.

Hope this helps.

... it does !!! thanks !!! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Menu of games played Saturday night 2/8 Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

Logan 50 vs Vinton County 51
Marietta 59 @ Caldwell 75
East Carter KY @ South Point (W)
North Adams 49 @ Fairfield Leesburg 77
Hillsboro 44 @ Lynchburg Clay 56
Wheelersburg 51 @ Alexander 47
Huntington 61 @ Zane Tace 73
Paint Valley 48 @ Southeastern 57
Whiteoak @ McClain cancelled
Miami Trace 74 @ Unioto 88
Amanda CC 48 @ Circleville 58
Logan Elm 71 @ Hamilton Twp 45
Fairfield Union 40 @ Teays Valley 61
Propel HS 76 @ Athens 77
Southern 45 @ Nelsonville York 59
Wellston 50 @ Eastern Reedsville 69
Miller 75 @ Trimble 74
Wahama 39 @ Federal Hocking 58
South Gallia 46 @ Belpre 47
Chillicothe 62 vs Clinton Massie 51
Ironton 47 @ Spring Valley 52
St Joseph 59 vs Fairview 41
Rock Hill 54 @ Symmes Valley 45
Portsmouth West 63 vs Adena 53
Lucasville Valley 57 @ Waverly 42
Portsmouth East 43 vs Portsmouth Clay 77
Maysville 65 vs Crroksville 64
Tolsia Wva 57 vs Mingo Central 71

Ripley @ Peebles
Manchester vs East Clinton

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

@Pfloyd, I already made my point on what the perception is....you seen us once and your "perception" is that there are 6 teams better than us in the southeast district. AND I read your response to TrojanDave but that still doesn't make any of those teams set apart from us in the pack, as you say. The division 3 field is the weakest it's been in ten years...so even including Warren(D2)and the rest of the Elite 8, there is no way there are 6 teams better than Portsmouth. We have 3 losses, Valley has 2. Who's played the tougher schedule??? Now tell me how Athens and Logan Elm is in some mythical pack with Warren ahead of us?? What separates any of those "so-called" head of the pack teams?? We beat Warren at Warren .....apparently Florida is irrelevant...so all we have is the rest of our schedule. It's not about whether I like your rankings or not. I'm looking at what everybody else did in comparison to my team. And what we did is comparable..and all biases aside, it is more than reasonable to say that only Warren's done more....and truthfully....we will tie Warren for the league title if we hold serve. So in all fairness, even Warren isn't on some mythical island.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

pfloyd wrote:Menu of games played Saturday night 2/8 Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line

Logan 50 vs Vinton County 51
Marietta 59 @ Caldwell 75
East Carter KY @ South Point (W)
North Adams 49 @ Fairfield Leesburg 77
Hillsboro 44 @ Lynchburg Clay 56
Wheelersburg 51 @ Alexander 47
Huntington 61 @ Zane Tace 73
Paint Valley 48 @ Southeastern 57
Whiteoak @ McClain cancelled
Miami Trace 74 @ Unioto 88
Amanda CC 48 @ Circleville 58
Logan Elm 71 @ Hamilton Twp 45
Fairfield Union 40 @ Teays Valley 61
Propel HS 76 @ Athens 77
Southern 45 @ Nelsonville York 59
Wellston 50 @ Eastern Reedsville 69
Miller 75 @ Trimble 74
Wahama 39 @ Federal Hocking 58
South Gallia 46 @ Belpre 47
Chillicothe 62 vs Clinton Massie 51
Ironton 47 @ Spring Valley 52
St Joseph 59 vs Fairview 41
Rock Hill 54 @ Symmes Valley 45
Portsmouth West 63 vs Adena 53
Lucasville Valley 57 @ Waverly 42
Portsmouth East 43 vs Portsmouth Clay 77
Maysville 65 vs Crroksville 64
Tolsia Wva 57 vs Mingo Central 71

Ripley @ Peebles
Manchester vs East Clinton

71-53 East Clinton over Manchester. I do not have a score for the Peebles game.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Portsmouth could very well be the best team in the district for all we know. It's hard for Pfloyd to make a list for 72 programs in SE Ohio. He probably would like to watch all of Portsmouth's, Athens', Warren's and Logan Elm's games and I'm sure a lot more from a lot of other teams, but it isn't humanly possible. He gets out and sees a lot of games, while battling a lot of adversity to do so. I respect his love and dedication to SE Ohio basketball, even though we may disagree on the No. 1 seed at Logan. :122249

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jgordon0315 wrote:@Pfloyd, I already made my point on what the perception is....you seen us once and your "perception" is that there are 6 teams better than us in the southeast district. AND I read your response to TrojanDave but that still doesn't make any of those teams set apart from us in the pack, as you say. The division 3 field is the weakest it's been in ten years...so even including Warren(D2)and the rest of the Elite 8, there is no way there are 6 teams better than Portsmouth. We have 3 losses, Valley has 2. Who's played the tougher schedule??? Now tell me how Athens and Logan Elm is in some mythical pack with Warren ahead of us?? What separates any of those "so-called" head of the pack teams?? We beat Warren at Warren .....apparently Florida is irrelevant...so all we have is the rest of our schedule. It's not about whether I like your rankings or not. I'm looking at what everybody else did in comparison to my team. And what we did is comparable..and all biases aside, it is more than reasonable to say that only Warren's done more....and truthfully....we will tie Warren for the league title if we hold serve. So in all fairness, even Warren isn't on some mythical island.
Yay! Another team/argument other than Athens, Warren, Logan Elm.

very refreshing.

:mrgreen:

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

bman wrote:Portsmouth could very well be the best team in the district for all we know. It's hard for Pfloyd to make a list for 72 programs in SE Ohio. He probably would like to watch all of Portsmouth's, Athens', Warren's and Logan Elm's games and I'm sure a lot more from a lot of other teams, but it isn't humanly possible. He gets out and sees a lot of games, while battling a lot of adversity to do so. I respect his love and dedication to SE Ohio basketball, even though we may disagree on the No. 1 seed at Logan. :122249
I aint saying he's wrong for his thinking......Every one has their own opinion.....and I also know he sees plenty of hoops......I can only attest to seeing a handful of teams, if that. But I'm just making a case.....No hard feelings.....But there's no sense in me ignoring what I know of the teams I've mentioned in comparison to the Trojans.....At the end of the day....I'd rather my team be 8th on Pfloyd's rankings and prove their worth in the tournament.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

jgordon0315 wrote:
bman wrote:Portsmouth could very well be the best team in the district for all we know. It's hard for Pfloyd to make a list for 72 programs in SE Ohio. He probably would like to watch all of Portsmouth's, Athens', Warren's and Logan Elm's games and I'm sure a lot more from a lot of other teams, but it isn't humanly possible. He gets out and sees a lot of games, while battling a lot of adversity to do so. I respect his love and dedication to SE Ohio basketball, even though we may disagree on the No. 1 seed at Logan. :122249
I aint saying he's wrong for his thinking......Every one has their own opinion.....and I also know he sees plenty of hoops......I can only attest to seeing a handful of teams, if that. But I'm just making a case.....No hard feelings.....But there's no sense in me ignoring what I know of the teams I've mentioned in comparison to the Trojans.....At the end of the day....I'd rather my team be 8th on Pfloyd's rankings and prove their worth in the tournament.
Yes, you should defend your team. Now, can we get a Portsmouth vs. Athens game lined up for next year? Maybe play it at OU-Chillicothe? :122249
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

93Bulldog wrote:
jgordon0315 wrote:@Pfloyd, I already made my point on what the perception is....you seen us once and your "perception" is that there are 6 teams better than us in the southeast district. AND I read your response to TrojanDave but that still doesn't make any of those teams set apart from us in the pack, as you say. The division 3 field is the weakest it's been in ten years...so even including Warren(D2)and the rest of the Elite 8, there is no way there are 6 teams better than Portsmouth. We have 3 losses, Valley has 2. Who's played the tougher schedule??? Now tell me how Athens and Logan Elm is in some mythical pack with Warren ahead of us?? What separates any of those "so-called" head of the pack teams?? We beat Warren at Warren .....apparently Florida is irrelevant...so all we have is the rest of our schedule. It's not about whether I like your rankings or not. I'm looking at what everybody else did in comparison to my team. And what we did is comparable..and all biases aside, it is more than reasonable to say that only Warren's done more....and truthfully....we will tie Warren for the league title if we hold serve. So in all fairness, even Warren isn't on some mythical island.
Yay! Another team/argument other than Athens, Warren, Logan Elm.

very refreshing.

:mrgreen:
Lol.....Oh no.....I'd rather he rank it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10....rather than 1a, 1b, 1c...and heaven forbid my Trojans at 1d....haha.......

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pretty soon we are going to run out of letters to go after the 1. Maybe we'll have to go to 1aa, 1bb and so on. :122249

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

bman wrote:
jgordon0315 wrote:
Yes, you should defend your team. Now, can we get a Portsmouth vs. Athens game lined up for next year? Maybe play it at OU-Chillicothe? :122249

I would have no quarrel with that either....unfortunately...I believe we have to finish out our contract with the SEOAL next year in addition to the OVC schedule in which we are joining their conference. So I don't believe there will be an open spot on our schedule next year.....However, I think that would definitely work the following year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

jgordon0315 wrote:I would have no quarrel with that either....unfortunately...I believe we have to finish out our contract with the SEOAL next year in addition to the OVC schedule in which we are joining their conference. So I don't believe there will be an open spot on our schedule next year.....However, I think that would definitely work the following year.
Wow, that's a schedule load for Portsmouth.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

6 posts by jgordon all talking "body of work" and yet not one mention of a 20 point loss to South Point. Convenient. :122245 :122245 :122245

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Peebles 69
Ripley 46

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Crab's brother wrote:6 posts by jgordon all talking "body of work" and yet not one mention of a 20 point loss to South Point. Convenient. :122245 :122245 :122245

I did mention the loss to south point on the waverly thread of course I mentioned it was early,,we didn't shoot well,.,and point has won like 10 games to pretty it up..you know...like putting lipstick on a pig :lol:

that's how we supposed to mention our losses :mrgreen:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”