Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 7

Post by 93Bulldog »

Girls are down right mean ... lol

I tell you though, girls basketball is far more 'physical' than boys basketball at this level ... I watched Athens/Oak Hill on Monday and Athens/NY tonight ... The Lady Dogs and Lady Bucks just beat the crap out of each other - no fouls called what-so-ever ... I was sitting with one of the sportswriters from the Messenger, who doesn't cover many high school girls games, and he turned to me and asked "do they ever call fouls or is it just survival of the fittest?" lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Fairfield Union's Jordan Barr had 38 points in the upset win over Teays Valley.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd, big game at Logan Elm on Tuesday. The Braves, ranked ninth in Division II state poll, face the Zane Trace Pioneers, ranked sixth in the Division III state poll.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ! I was jotting down some of the key games looking into next week and THAT ONE !!! LE vs ZT is a winner to go see for sure ... I am going to come over to Braves country tonight to see the Logan Elm vs Circleville game as well ... IF the weather allows I will get to see Portsmouth vs Fairfield Christian at the Wellston Classic Saturday evening ... in the end I will see where these top teams compare vs one another ... IF Mother Nature cooperates it will be a good week or so of hoops!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I DON'T see any threads started that are asking IF there are any games ppd for tonight so I'm assuming that the menu for tonight is a GO !!! awesome ... heading for Logan Elm to watch the rematch of Circleville vs LE ... will be good to see my friends in the Northwest Territories and the Elite #1 Logan Elm Braves ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

uugggghhhhhhh!!!! the Logan Elm vs Circleville game is on Saturday night !!!!! 1/25 !!!! not going to see that one ... I have it written down in front of me and still didn't get it right... must be all of these snow/wind chill days off school that has my sense of days screwed up ... need to go somewhere TONIGHT!!! Vinton Co @ Alexander will be a good matchup ... I haven't seen Coach Combs' boy since early in the season - need to see what the progress has been in McArthur ! and Alexander is much improved team from last season Jordan Moseley is terrific, Seth Richardson was named the MVP for AHS when they played Huntington in the opening game at ZT, Mason Chapman is solid, and the "bang brothers" in the paint Cory Chapman & Shea Grigsby ...I liked what I saw from the Spartans early on this season ...

Vinton Co @ Alexander it is !!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Might as well make that trip down to Portsmouth.........haha Go Blue!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Mosley has been out with an ankle injury - not sure he's back yet.

Athens vs Meigs is a go ... lol

BIG GAME SATURDAY NIGHT IN GLOUSTER ... 1st place Southern vs 2nd place Trimble ... 'Cats 1-game back in the standings!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

..just read on the LHS website that the Logan @ Jackson games for tonight are postponed ????? the snow doesn't start until after midnight??? roads are clear ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd you may get to see the Circleville-LE game anyway seeing how 3-5 inches of snow are in the forecast for the first half of Saturday. Probably will be postponed.

If Jackson is postponing due to the cold, they may be making up basketball games in April.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I can't say whether it was Jackson or Logan who said they couldn't play the game BUT I don't see why Logan would want to ppd - they haven't played this week, and the Purple has a good opportunity for a needed "W" at Jackson ... not my call so let's play every night in February LOL

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

As for the Logan at Jackson game, LOGAN was the one not wanting to put vehicles out on the road tonight with the cold and anticipated snow.

Jackson wanted to play.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:As for the Logan at Jackson game, LOGAN was the one not wanting to put vehicles out on the road tonight with the cold and anticipated snow.

Jackson wanted to play.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:
... interesting, the weather isn't supposed to move in until 1am or so ... other the cold that hasn't left LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... we have a Warren team that is going to Portsmouth tonight but LHS will not be traveling to Jackson ??? again interesting ... smarter people than I make those calls ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can never know about the weather for sure.
I would say Jackson wanted to play....it is their home game.
Logan makes their call on more than the storm coming in.
Length of game, possible break down, an accident can put them on the road late if any of this happens. If they went a head and played and something happened to put them out in this weather you would have parents at the door come Monday after them giving some people an hear full when they did get home. Better to be safe than sorry.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote:If they went a head and played and something happened to put them out in this weather you would have parents at the door come Monday after them giving some people an hear full when they did get home. Better to be safe than sorry.
Almost every team in southeast Ohio is playing, with further trips than Logan to Jackson.

just sayin

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

noreply66 wrote:Can never know about the weather for sure.
I would say Jackson wanted to play....it is their home game.
Logan makes their call on more than the storm coming in.
Length of game, possible break down, an accident can put them on the road late if any of this happens. If they went a head and played and something happened to put them out in this weather you would have parents at the door come Monday after them giving some people an hear full when they did get home. Better to be safe than sorry.
... we'll go with that noreply66 ...

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon moves to 11-6 with a 65-64 win over Adena.
WIll host Unioto tomorrow. All day games as both Boys and girls will play in the Oven.
Also Piketon will retire the Baseball Jersey of Zach Farmer-

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly continues to improve with an impressive 71-54 win over Oak Hill. Everyone played well but Pierce Knisley scorched the nets with 42 points. Pierce hit 4 threes in the 1st period to net 20 points and 22 at the break. After sitting much of the 3rd he poured in another 20 in the 4th. He was probably in double figures with rebounds as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote:Waverly continues to improve with an impressive 71-54 win over Oak Hill. Everyone played well but Pierce Knisley scorched the nets with 42 points. Pierce hit 4 threes in the 1st period to net 20 points and 22 at the break. After sitting much of the 3rd he poured in another 20 in the 4th. He was probably in double figures with rebounds as well.
Saw him earlier versus Jackson...nice player, sensational game tonight

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”