North Adams (2-5)
South Webster (3-6)
Rock Hill (1-7)
Whiteoak (1-6)
Reedsville Eastern (0-7)
Green (0-9)
Jackson (0-9)
New Boston (0-7)

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 4

Post by Smeltzy »

pfloyd............not that it really matters that much, but Fairfield Union is actually 4-4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Smeltzy ... hard to keep things straight at my age even when you think you've "got it" you "don't got it" ...

newkidsontheblock
Waterboy

Post by newkidsontheblock »

You know you have quality basketball in the area when portsmouth is #8. I have never seen them play but they have some QUALITY wins! I have seen the rest of these teams play and LE is the obvious #1 choice. Even with another loss somehwere they are still the team to beat. Cant wait until the LE ZT game.

If LE and Athens rematch it needs to be on ESPN...

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Just to keep everyone up to speed....the Trojans beat the team that beat Logan Elm (Liberty Christian 71- Logan Elm 56) in the championship game (Portsmouth 67- Liberty Christian 63)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens #2
Warren #4

Looks good to me ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jgordon0315 wrote:Just to keep everyone up to speed....the Trojans beat the team that beat Logan Elm (Liberty Christian 71- Logan Elm 56) in the championship game (Portsmouth 67- Liberty Christian 63)
Good stuff ... plus Portsmouth won AT THE WARRIOR DOME!

IDK Floyd. 8 may be a little to low for the Trojans.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens gets on a plane soon, heads back to Ohio, and then squares off against rival Nelsonville-York (5-3) on Friday.
Turns around and plays Pfloyds #10 team Circleville (7-2) Saturday night at McAfee.
Six days later drives to Akron to play Akron SVSM.
Gets on a bus and drives to the opposite corner of the state to play Floyds #5 Lucasville Valley (8-1) at the beasts of the southeast in Chesapeake.

8 days - 4 tough games - and a lot of miles traveled!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley and Athens are going to have huge weekends next weekend.

Valley plays rival and PF #7 Minford on Friday night in a huge conference game.
Athens makes the trip north to take on SVSM.

Then the two hook up on Saturday at the Beasts of the Southeast.

Man that will be awesome.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

I would say that looks pretty good, although it is hard to say Warren is ahead of Portsmouth and I bleed royal blue so that is difficult for me to say. Can't wait for that rematch in Portsmouth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Portsmouth absolutely needs to be in the Elite 8 AND IS ... I'm not going to negate the body of work that other TEAMS above them on the rankings have put together either though ... Zane Trace is undefeated, Logan Elm one loss - yes to a team that PHS ends up beating for the bracket championship in FL , Athens goes 2-1 in FL, Warren loses 2 in a row (they dropped 2 spots in the rankings) to 2 teams that arguably no one else in SEO is going to beat Watterson/Wheeling Park, Valley's lone loss was to Warren on a neutral court at Marietta College during a week in which they lost one of the systems coaches in a car accident , Eastern Brown has remained solid on the court even after losing to Peebles, Minford lost the open game of their season to Huntington Prep - an exhibition game in my book, the Falcons are undefeated with a reality check ... Portsmouth has MANY opportunities to move up the Elite 8 list as the season moves on... the Trojans will take on Minford 2/15, 1/24 Warren @ PHS, 1/14 PHS vs Peebles ... while others above them have to hold serve to remain above the Trojans :

1/21 Warren vs Athens, Warren has to take on Marietta 2X, Fairfield Christian AGAIN 2/1, the head to head with PHS @ PHS 1/24 ...Minford plays Oak Hill 2X, an undefeated Notre Dame club 1/22, Chesapeake ... Zane Trace will play Southeastern 2X (1/10 & 2/14) , will be at Vinton County 1/11, 1/18 vs Unioto, 1/28 @ Logan Elm ... a lot easier for me to "compare" and rank teams vs SEO opponents than to go by wins vs foreign teams in a land far far away ...

... PHS JUMPED 5 teams that went a combined 8-1 over the holidays , due to the "quality" wins in FL ... not going to ruin the integrity of my rankings by picking up Portsmouth and "giving them" a ranking because other teams did not/could not take their show on the road to FL ... Portsmouth DOES have quality wins - no question about it AND they will have opportunities to climb the rankings on their own merits based on their own W's but also on the merits of play from those above them ... should be a great 2nd half of the year - EVERY TEAM needs to bring their "A" game every night ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I just want to see Portsmouth move ahead of Warren ... but for selfish reasons ... it would mean the Warriors would have to move 'down' the list - and that's enjoyable to me ... :)

Austin Cunningham from the corner up in Logan, the 'no charge' call at Athens, the phantom 'over-and-back' call at the Convo ...

I think I'm going to throw up in my mouth now.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble will play 10 games in 21 days starting Friday in Waterford. They turn around and play Fed Hock at home on Saturday.

8 of the 10 games will be league contests.

It's going be a HUGE three weeks for the 'Cats - in the league race, for tournament seeding and of course the most important (Pfloyd's rankings.)

:mrgreen:

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, YOU do not have to defend your rankings. I, for one really appreciate the time, effort and love you
Put into the 8. I am an old Trojan from the early 60's and would love to see PHS higher however even with the
Big wins in Fla one cannot forget the beat down that South Point put on them. I think your ranking is very fair
And maybe even generous. Keep up the great job and have a blessed 2014!
Wipalawalt :12222

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:I just want to see Portsmouth move ahead of Warren ... but for selfish reasons ... it would mean the Warriors would have to move 'down' the list - and that's enjoyable to me ... :)

Austin Cunningham from the corner up in Logan, the 'no charge' call at Athens, the phantom 'over-and-back' call at the Convo ...

I think I'm going to throw up in my mouth now.
93Dog.... Did you 4get 4 runs down, 2 outs and 2 strikes last inning did ya lol
No matter what PFloyd's Rankings say you and your crew are so going to dread that matchup late Feburary at the Logan Sectional.
PFloyd is right Warren has 2 losses to teams that would beat ANYBODY in the SE District. In the loss last night I saw vast improvement since the Portsmouth game. Right now this team has been stung. Jackson and Marietta are next up on the schedule. Bet they come out punching. A hurt fighter is a dangerous fighter!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good list. I do believe Portsmouth should be higher than No. 8, but its not my list.

pfloyd, will we see you in the Mill Street Gymnasium on Thursday night for No. 10 Circleville hosting No. 11 Washington Court House?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HA! HA!

That comeback at Rannow Field was absolutely INSANE, WarriorBlue ... I had erased it from my memory. lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote:Good list. I do believe Portsmouth should be higher than No. 8, but its not my list.

pfloyd, will we see you in the Mill Street Gymnasium on Thursday night for No. 10 Circleville hosting No. 11 Washington Court House?
... only 41 minutes from pfloyd's house it is - if the weather permits I will be in attendance at the Mill St. middle school gym Thursday night for Roundtown vs Washington CH - should be a dandy I like BOTH of these squads a lot ... Saturday night I will be in Portsmouth to see Portsmouth take on Martin Luther King ... saw MLK last weekend at Marietta College - they won in a 3 OT endurance special LOL ... looking like I will be staying in Logan Friday night to take a look at my Purple taking on jottings' Gallia Academy boyz ... GAHS has won 5 in a row while my LHS squad has lost 5 in a row ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sounds good pfloyd. Kickin' it old school on Thursday with a battle of one-time SCOL rivals in the spacious Mill Street Gymnasium.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

One of the BEST showcases for Boys High School Basketball takes place again this season on Saturday Jan 11th at Chesapeake High School - the Beasts of the Southeast ...

Menu of Games

12 pm Russell KY vs Washington Court House
2 pm Coal Grove vs Eastern Brown
4 pm Warren Local vs Fairland
6 pm Athens vs Lucasville Valley
8 pm Chesapeake vs West Muskingum

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”