Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

... Hard to believe that it is ALMOST Christmas break and we have teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line who have NOT tipped it off on the hardwood yet! - Logan, Trimble, Athens, South Point,and Wahama have goose eggs for records going into the 2nd full week of games in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... the Week that IS will have some BIG time barometer contests as Warren will put it's #1 ranking on the line vs SEOAL foe Portsmouth 12/10, followed up by taking on Washington Co rival Fort Frye on Friday night 12/13 ... Athens will take on #3 Logan Elm at McAfee Saturday night 12/14 ... Logan Elm doubles up with upstart Circleville on Friday before traveling to A'town Saturday night, Lucasville Valley will put it's record on the line vs Piketon Tuesday night ... in the OVC Chesapeake will be on the road all week 12/10 @ Coal Grove, 12/13 @ South Point and 12/14 @ Rio vs Logan, OVC member Fairland will entertain South Point this week as well ... a full menu of games that matter this week Below the Line - you have gotta love it !!!

... lots of movement in the rankings from the Preseason to Week #1's official "unofficial" listings ... the next couple weeks will have teams looking to find the right personnel combinations on the court, the role players will be finding where the fit in to help TEAM the most while the marque players are learning to let the youngin's make mistakes they need to make in order to grow as varsity players/to eventually allow TEAM to improve on the court ... great time of the year for the basketball junkie for sure ...

... I have been able to get out across the region to see many of the elite teams Below the Line - Warren (SEOAL), Logan Elm ( Mid State League), Miami Trace (SCOL), Eastern Brown (SHAC), Zane Trace (SVC), Unioto (SVC), Vinton County (TVC), Alexander (TVC), Washington CH (SCOL), Meigs (TVC), Piketon (SVC), Huntington (SVC), Hillsboro (SCOL), Westfall (SVC) ... I HAVE TO see bman's Round Town boys the Circleville Tigers of Coach Goodyear as they have cracked the top 8 for the first time ever ...heading for the river in the OVC ( Chesapeake - this Saturday vs Logan, Fairland, Coal Grove), more from the SHAC (Peebles,Lynchburg Clay, Fairfield Leesburg, West Union), some of the SOC contingent as well (Oak Hill, Lucasville Valley, Minford are all must sees for the tour ... should keep the committee of one - me - busy all winter - I'm smiling just thinking about some of the match ups this season as ALL roads point to the Convo for Basketball Thirty in March ...

... with no further babbling, here are the rankings for the first full week of action - Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio for the Week that WAS Week #1:

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #1

1. Warren (2-0)

2. Athens (0-0)

3. Logan Elm (2-0)

4. Lucasville Valley (2-0)

5. Miami Trace (3-0)

6. Eastern Brown (2-0)

7. Circleville (3-0)

8. Zane Trace (2-0)

...Treehugger Wannabes...

Minford (0-1)
Oak Hill (2-0)
Unioto (0-2)
Vinton County (0-2)
Portsmouth (1-0)
Southeastern (1-0)
Trimble (0-0)
Logan (0-0)
Fairfield Leesburg (2-2)
Peebles (1-0)
Fairland (1-0)
Washington CH (1-1)
Chesapeake (2-1)
Marietta (1-0)
Lynchburg Clay (2-1)
West Union (3-1)
Sheridan (0-1) played New Lexington 12/7 ... I have no score/result ... should be 1-1
Nelsonville York (2-1)
Coal Grove (1-0)
Meigs (1-1)
Federal Hocking (0-1)
Alexander (2-0)
Southern (2-0)
Ironton (0-2)
Waterford (2-0)
Piketon (1-1)
South Point (0-0)
Chillicothe (1-1)
Belpre (0-3)
Huntington (1-1)
Portsmouth West (1-1)
Hillsboro (1-1)
Wheerlersburg (0-1)
Wahama (0-0)
Waverly (0-2)
Symmes Valley (1-0)
South Gallia (1-0)
North Adams (2-1)
Whiteoak (1-3)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (2-0)
St. Josephs (2-1)
Fairfield Union (1-2)
Greenfield McClain (1-0)
River Valley (1-2)
Eastern Pike (1-1)
Paint Valley (1-2)
Adena (1-2)
South Webster (1-2)

...Teams on the End Table...

Portsmouth East (0-2)
Westfall (0-2)
Crooksville (0-1)
Wellston (0-1)
Miller (0-1)
Gallia Academy (0-3)
Northwest (1-2)
Reedsville Eastern (0-2)
Rock Hill (0-1)
Manchester (1-1)
Western Pike (0-2)
New Lexington (0-1) played Sheridan 12/7 no results ...
Green (0-3)
Portsmouth Clay (0-2)
Jackson (0-1)
New Boston (0-1)

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by Whs95fan »

Looking forward to the game in Vincent Tuesday, Warriors face their first tough test of the season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GREAT STUFF FLOYD!!!!

Did I ready your post correctly about going to Chesapeake Saturday?

How in the world could you pass up Athens vs Logan Elm?

That game is huge!!!!

Chew on this: if Logan Elm beats Athens - and Warren losses some games due to its brutal schedule and is penalized for it. It is possible to see an ATHENS vs WARREN SECTIONAL FINAL IN LOGAN!!!! WOW.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Either way ... Athens, Warren, Logan Elm all fighting for two sports at Logan? There is going to be at least 1 potential (baring any upsets) awesome sectional final in the land of purple!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... no no no 93dog ... I'll be in McAfee Saturday night for sure, Logan travels to URG to take on Chesapeake at 12:45 in the early afternoon - going to go watch that one (and others - have no clue what other games are on the menu - but I will be coming through Athens Friday evening to see ALL of the action between Athens and Logan Elm) ... it will be two nights in a row to see LE ... I'm traveling to Circleville Friday night to get my first look at the Tigers entertaining that same Braves team that you will see Saturday night ... going to be a couple of excellent games for sure both nights !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hope the Circleville vs LE game is a quadruple overtime thriller that leaves the Braves completely exhausted ... lol ... just sayin.

Glad you're making the trip to The Plains. You are more than welcome to sit on press row as opposed to "hiding" in the cheap seats - then "sneaking" out without saying a word!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'll be there for sure - press row , twizzlers, napkin stat sheets that's all I need ... and maybe some popcorn, a water that's all I need ... some M&Ms that's all I need :mrgreen: the Purple Hippo shirt/shorts , I will be in attendance ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pickaway County is highly honored to have two teams in the top eight rankings in southeast Ohio.

Pfloyd, the LE-Circleville game on Friday has been moved to Circleville High School to give the Tigers more of a home court advantage since that is where they practice. Get there early, because seating will be tight in the sardine can.

FYI...Circleville plays South Point after the Logan-Peake game at Rio.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In order to make room for Pfloyd, bman, we are setting you up a place in the far right hand corner of the gym behind the pep band Saturday. Is that o.k.?

We feel its necessary to 'grease' the Hippo's wheels so we can claim that coveted #1 ranking. If you sit down on press row and see a box of twizzlers, 2 bottles of water, some peanut M&M's (and an envelope full of cash) - you know you're in the wrong seat.

:)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:In order to make room for Pfloyd, bman, we are setting you up a place in the far right hand corner of the gym behind the pep band Saturday. Is that o.k.?

We feel its necessary to 'grease' the Hippo's wheels so we can claim that coveted #1 ranking. If you sit down on press row and see a box of twizzlers, 2 bottles of water, some peanut M&M's (and an envelope full of cash) - you know you're in the wrong seat.

:)
If you want that #1 ranking Dog, do it the old fashioned way, ON THE COURT! Wow what an idea lol. Saturday night against Logan Elm your Bullpuppies can make a statement to the PFloyd Elite 8 committee of one, they are indeed worthy of the top spot. Even so early in the season the LE/Athens game will have not only PFloyd Elite 8 implications but tourney seeding as well. The THUNDERDOME analogy was perfect for both DII sectionals in the SE District this year. It will truly be a basketball junkies dream. This season has the possibility of being one of the best ever.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know about being the best, WarriorBlue ... one great team won't even be at the Convo - which kind of knocks it down a peg right from the get-go.

But it will make the sectional great though. I'm actually having my people look into the matter to see if Floyd (and his Mafia connections) didn't have a say in that. To be hosting possibly one of the best sectionals ever in Logan? Just seems fishy the ol "2-teams make it" format came back into play THIS YEAR.

Hmmmmmmmm ... BIG GAMES IN LOGAN ... BIG GATE IN LOGAN ... BIG CONCESSION STAND DOLLARS? I have been told Floyd is driving around town in a new car (with personalized license plates) AND calls a new place home. We'll have to do some digging to see where the paper trail leads us ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It is also premature to be discussing only Warren, Athens and Logan Elm ... the sectional also has some other great teams and programs lurking.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:

In order to make room for Pfloyd, bman, we are setting you up a place in the far right hand corner of the gym behind the pep band Saturday. Is that o.k.?

No Pizza Crossing pie for pfloyd? You're going cheap with the sweets. Warren may have that top billing all season now.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

hopefully Portsmouth has somethong to say about that. Im sure Sparty was enjoying all the Buckeye-Florida State talk :)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like I'll get to take in 4 varsity games Saturday !!! Rio is hosting the Newt Oliver Coaches Classic the whole menu of games for 12/14 looks like this:

10:45 am ... Prep Schools ... Spire Academy (OH) vs St Ignatios Prep (SC)
12:45 pm ... HS ... Logan vs Chesapeake
2:30 pm ... HS ... Circleville vs South Point
4:00 pm ... HS ... Oak Hill vs River Valley

... I'll watch the 3 HS games before leaving for Athens to catch the Logan Elm @ Athens varsity contest at 7:30pm

For those who want to stay at Rio for MORE hoops ...

5:45 pm ... College Men ... Rio Grande vs Wilberforce
7:45 pm ... HS ... Gallia Academy vs Tolsia (WVa)

... what a great lineup of games!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Games for Tuesday , 12/10/13 ...

Logan
Lancaster

Athens
New Lexington

Vinton Co
Waverly

Wellston
Jackson

Southern
Federal Hocking

South Gallia
Reedsville Eastern

Waterford
Wahama

Belpre
Miller

Lynchburg Clay
Greenfield McClain

Fairfield Leesburg
Hillsboro

Piketon
Lucasville Valley

Warren
Portsmouth

Rock Hill
River Valley

South Point
Fairland

Oak Hill
Symmes Valley

St. Josephs
Portsmouth Clay

Coal Grove
Chesapeake

Portsmouth West
New Boston

Northwest
Peebles

Portsmouth ND
Whiteoak

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Did South Gallia fall completely off the table?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RebelCat wrote:Did South Gallia fall completely off the table?
Seeing as they are undefeated ... I sure hope not!

;-)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 62
Paint Valley 51

Huntington's Elijah Shanks scores 30 along with 15 Rebs on the evening.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The Portsmouth/Warren game tonight should be interesting. As should the Logan Elm/Athens game on Saturday.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”