Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by pfloyd »

Mailman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:02 pm
Mailman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:59 pm How about my ND Titans?

... Mailman ! give me some "love" about ND for next year ... what do the Titans have coming back to build on ? ...

Titans have 1 Senior this year. They start 1 Senior, 2 juniors, 2 Freahman. With more freshman coming off bench. The way they’ve played the last two weeks have been nothing short of amazing. Teams that blew them out in the first half of season are getting all they want now. Was leading North Adams early in the 4th. Led Symmes and Western for first 3 quarters. They will get the lowest seed but whoever they play better not take them lightly.
... THAT'S EXACTLY the good info I need ... most of the schools struggling THIS season are those that have had to replace a senior heavy team from last year ... the majority of the season has been going through the growing pains (getting blown out early), finding the "go to" guy(s) , looking for scorers and the role players who make the whole TEAM function ... glad to see that ND has found answers , can NOW work on making TEAM come together VS opponents - instead of "figuring out" who THEY are on at both ends of the court through on the job training ...

... thanks for the information !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

78 no where your coming from ! But Logan has a good team jmo ! This rating does not mean squat when T -Time comes around GA needs guard play?

Ljm1720
Waterboy

Post by Ljm1720 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 pm I believe Athens is 8-9 now PFloyd. 9-7 sounds better no doubt. Hoping to get to .500 when Wellston comes to town on Tuesday and avenge that 62-61 loss earlier in the season.
Wellston will be without Simpson Tuesday for the 2nd game in a row. Will be tough for wellston to overcome that vs Athens.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Rare Monday night game.

Trimble - 63
South Gallia - 58

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

If you wore to rank these teams by who would beat who and not just off of Records this list would look completely different!

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

great post pFloyd, been reading your post since the days of jj, some of these whipper snappers wernt even alive back then

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:47 pm 78 no where your coming from ! But Logan has a good team jmo ! This rating does not mean squat when T -Time comes around GA needs guard play?
Definitely gotta have excellent guard play tonight vs Fairland!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Mailman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Titans have 1 Senior this year. They start 1 Senior, 2 juniors, 2 Freahman. With more freshman coming off bench. The way they’ve played the last two weeks have been nothing short of amazing. Teams that blew them out in the first half of season are getting all they want now. Was leading North Adams early in the 4th. Led Symmes and Western for first 3 quarters. They will get the lowest seed but whoever they play better not take them lightly.
... THAT'S EXACTLY the good info I need ... most of the schools struggling THIS season are those that have had to replace a senior heavy team from last year ... the majority of the season has been going through the growing pains (getting blown out early), finding the "go to" guy(s) , looking for scorers and the role players who make the whole TEAM function ... glad to see that ND has found answers , can NOW work on making TEAM come together VS opponents - instead of "figuring out" who THEY are on at both ends of the court through on the job training ...

The 2 Freshman I believe are the two leading scorers. Miles Shipp long, athletic, quick creates his own shots and can jump. Jackson Clark is sharp shooting lefty with good handles and vision of the court. The 2 juniors, Ben Mader is deep threat with ability to take it to the rim and Cole Harrell is good shooter but spends majority of his time harassing ball handlers plays with a ton of intensity and grit. The Senior Tyler Speas is a big body at 6’3” 215. He’s a 4 year player and is a floor general making sure all the younger guys are in the spots they are supposed to be in. Doesn’t score a bunch, good for about 6 a game but does all the dirty work, rebounds, steals, takes chargers like it’s his job. Great leader for the younger players. ND will only get better over next 3 seasons.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

Mailman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:39 am
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Mailman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm ... THAT'S EXACTLY the good info I need ... most of the schools struggling THIS season are those that have had to replace a senior heavy team from last year ... the majority of the season has been going through the growing pains (getting blown out early), finding the "go to" guy(s) , looking for scorers and the role players who make the whole TEAM function ... glad to see that ND has found answers , can NOW work on making TEAM come together VS opponents - instead of "figuring out" who THEY are on at both ends of the court through on the job training ...

The 2 Freshman I believe are the two leading scorers. Miles Shipp long, athletic, quick creates his own shots and can jump. Jackson Clark is sharp shooting lefty with good handles and vision of the court. The 2 juniors, Ben Mader is deep threat with ability to take it to the rim and Cole Harrell is good shooter but spends majority of his time harassing ball handlers plays with a ton of intensity and grit. The Senior Tyler Speas is a big body at 6’3” 215. He’s a 4 year player and is a floor general making sure all the younger guys are in the spots they are supposed to be in. Doesn’t score a bunch, good for about 6 a game but does all the dirty work, rebounds, steals, takes chargers like it’s his job. Great leader for the younger players. ND will only get better over next 3 seasons.
Coach Andersen is a tremendous coach. I know there has only been one win for that ND squad, but how much they have improved and how competitive they are shows that he is doing things the right way.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

With a win over Rock Hill tonight, Portsmouth can record its 66th season of at least 12 wins. This past Saturday, Coach Eugene Collins notched his 150th win as head coach of the Trojans (150-62).

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 pm I'm going to call a "truce" between ALL sides on this matter - IF CG & OH fans want to "discuss" their thoughts on Saturday's game - do it on the game thread ... IF the CG supporters now coming out of the woodwork want to "beat their chests" - do it on the game thread ... the game is in the books ... from an outsiders viewpoint what was a good "W" by CG ... from the posts of many other seops posters in the many weeks before this game (from Dec on) Coal Grove is a good basketball team ! ( not sure where all of the CG posters were back then - but I digress) let them be good ! the supporters who are bashing OH , bashing anyone who has a different point of view only - as I posted on the game thread - only diminishes the W and the what the team has done on the court ...

... one of the newbie CG posters posted that "P Floyd was bias for Oak Hill" - I'm bias for ALL teams that have quality coaches (Coach Persin) , quality players, quality programs, quality fans ... hell yes I'm bias ... I have done my rankings for almost 20 years , I have seen many many quality coaches, met many many quality coaches , players, fans from ALL across Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... I WILL ALWAYS give props to , consideration to those quality programs due to the coaches philosophy ... here's the short list : Warren Local, Vinton County, Fairfield Union, Logan Elm,Oak Hill, Eastern Brown, Chesapeake, Fairland, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Eastern Pike, Trimble, Unioto, Peebles, Zane Trace,Jackson, Waverly, Piketon, Circleville, Washington CH,Ironton, Lynchburg Clay, Fairfield Leesburg, Western Pike ... they are on the short list because the coaching staffs, the Head Coach do/does it right ... no matter the talent levels of these programs the kids learn the game of basketball, the fundamentals of the game ... these programs are THERE - near the top every year - not because "pfloyd is bias for them" - ALL of these programs are at the top the SouthEast District in their respective divisions because of the head coaches and the programs developed by those coaches ...

... when I go to make my "Pre-season" rankings as a starting place I start with this group and what they bring to the table for the season ... other schools may have " good seasons" even "outstanding seasons" by any standard but the teams on my shortlist - these schools, coaches get it done every single year ... so to the CG poster who NEEDED to post that "P Floyd is bias for Oak Hill "- you are right ! if push comes to shove the Oak Hill's of SouthEastern Ohio have earned my respect by what the coaches - like Coach Persin - does with their program year in year out ... I'm guilty as charged ...

Pfloyd, tonight Coach Beucler and the Eastern Brown Warriors took on Coach Areys Peebles Indians . The game was a rough one that had my Indians coming away with a 54-49 victory. The Indians shot just 37 shots but made 18. The warriors shot 60 but made 17. The defensive was vicious. Warriors turned the ball over 8 times Indians turned it over 11 times. Great game and coached well by both coaches. I believe this is the best year of coaching from Coach Arey so far. Smoke and mirrors but the Indians are getting it done. Tanner Arey again had 29 points tonight. Congrats Indian on clinching the SHAC Dll title tonight.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

pfloyd and mailman: you guys know what you're talking about with Notre Dame as they upset Ironton St. Joe tonight 55-54 according to Twitter. Saw them play Webster earlier in the year and was real impressed with their freshmen...especially the Shipp kid.*

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wheelersburg at Adena for tonight has been cancelled and it sounds like it will not be made up. Adena hosts a Sectional next week through the week, so I would imagine that the locations would need to change for that to even happen

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 pm Wheelersburg at Adena for tonight has been cancelled and it sounds like it will not be made up. Adena hosts a Sectional next week through the week, so I would imagine that the locations would need to change for that to even happen
Natural rivals

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Hoopie74,
I’m with you on the job Coach Arey has done this year. And to be honest I think he is one of the better young coaches in all of Southern Ohio.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:42 pm Hoopie74,
I’m with you on the job Coach Arey has done this year. And to be honest I think he is one of the better young coaches in all of Southern Ohio.
Thanks! We are proud of him.Born in Peebles, raised in Peebles ,played in Peebles ,Teaches and Coaches in Peebles. That's what Peebles kids look forward to.Playing sports here.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

First time poster. Really like getting information on local sports and these rankings are great.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

BBALL99 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 am First time poster. Really like getting information on local sports and these rankings are great.
Welcome to the Fold!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I don't see anyone making it far in the sectionals from the Ohio side of the TVC--how about the Hocking side?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Are you serious? Making it far in the sectionals? Well, I think really no matter where we may fall in the seeding, that being above a 7 seed, we are in the sectional finals. Meaning, we have to win one game to get to the Convo. Furthermore, if the projection on here is true by some of the most intelligent of men behind a keyboard, if Athens plays Vinton County, I can guarantee that an Ohio team will make it to the districts and thus, the Convo.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”