Warren Lady Warriors: 09-10 Season

whs78
Waterboy

Re: Warren Lady Warriors: 09-10 Season

Post by whs78 »

[quote="luvitballer"]Players should have to earn their spots and I'm not sure that is happening. From what I have seen there are kids coming off the bench that are better then some of the starters![/quote

luvitballer I agree the starters are not the best players. Several on the bench are much better players.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Seen a few games this year and coach doesn't seem set on a starting 5. Also with the subbing he does what does it matter who gets to start but how they perform when they get in the game.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Sounds like a reoccuring theme in Warren Team Sports?? Its not always about who the best player is? Could you imagine the teams the Warriors would have if they rewarded the kids who worked the hardest and played the best kids? If by their senior year they were not so tired of the (who am I ) game, and rules apply to only certain ones, that they just quit playing the sport they loved because of it? Warren would probably have a couple of banners to hang saying state champs? But politics are in every school system, but maybe not as bad as the Vincent area.
:12222 The sun comes out tmrw

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

Oh, so you are at practice and see who works hard everyday? Do you know who is at practice everyday? You at all of the summer league and the weight lifting and open shooting to see who is there and works in the off season. What you see on game day is not all that goes into the decision making of who plays and when. We have a State Runner Up banner in our gym....that coach was not rehired 2 seasons later because of parents. Oh, a reoccuring theme at Warren let's get rid of the coach.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

I agree with what you say about not keeping the coach....but they kinda go together of what I said....maybe there is something more into the program? Playing the best kids are whats important, but maybe why that coach who had success isnt here because he didnt do what the Warren program wanted...Its not about doing what it takes to win, its about playing kids whos parents do have their hand in something.....(not sure what that something is)..but it seems like when we do get a good coach who knows the game and how to win....they get rid of him because hes not playing the right kids because of who they are...(football) Devol? Warren hires coaches who keep everybody happy in the little world of Vincent, and can have success but wont take the heat and do the right thing by playing who should be out there,to get to the next level, maybe in fear of losing their job like the above mentioned girls coach with the state runner-up banner and in football, where Devol couldnt make his own decisions, they were made for him and he moved on as well......So you can see how things are kinda ran , atleast to my old eyes, but its time i just got it out of my system....thats why everyone hates my posts....because most of it is right-on! :mrgreen: The sun comes out tmrw..

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

you are all JOKES!!!!!

blueonefan
Waterboy

Post by blueonefan »

you tell warrior cc........thats the truth its all about how you are and what backs you scratch.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

You need to get it out of your system, Warrior C C?

Run for the school board.
Apply for the vacant AD position.

Do something about it, instead of hiding behind a username on here to complain about it.

whs78
Waterboy

Post by whs78 »

Warrior cc I agree! It is all about who goes out their and does or buys or who is friendly with the coachs. Sometimes it is just all relative. ;-) It is not who the best players are, it will never change. I have watched this for 30 years and it is the same old stuff. Werry is not a good coach, if he was he would play to win, not play to the parents. Oh, what was his record at Belpre and what is his record since he has been at Warren. Theirs your answer.:122249 :-D

Kerinon
    Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

It's funny that some folks think this notion of certain athletes getting playing time because of their name, family, etc. is a new one. I'm an alum of Warren. I was not an athlete. However, you didn't have to be an athlete to see who got playing time and generally speaking, it had a whole lot to do with what elementary school they came from. Does that mean that those "other" elementary programs need to step it up and better prepare their athletes? Perhaps. Should the high school athletic program be grooming all of these young athletes to better prepare them? Definitely.

Every school system has this "problem". Whether it be parent involvement in the "coaching" process, parent involvement in coach removal or years-old traditions of playing athletes from the same elementary schools, the problem is not a new one. And, sadly, it seems across the boards, this problem will not go away from this, or any other school system.

BLUEMOON
    Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Ah, my ole friend Warrior C C has come over to the girls thread to spread his propaganda and bull$*** about the coaches and favoritism. If its so bad why do any athletes play any sports at Warren i just don't understand, because the players no its not really that bad. I really think the old folks just want something to complain about.

Warrior C C
    Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Bluemoon....Are u feelin guilt? Maybe you have someone who is getting away with what we are talking about? Us old folk here the shi* from parents of players. And its not the first time either!Its been going on for sometime and people are finally getting fed up and want something done! Whether that happens I doubt it, but its def drawing some attention. Kids play sports because they love it and even tho warned before they enter the sport, its hard for them to think its that bad..but they findout otherwise. So If I pi**ed in your wheaties this morning then Im glad.
    Wish we could bring back alot of alumni athletes and ask what they went through, ud find out that its exactly what im preachin! As you can tell, more people are talking about just that in the quotes above, its just not me. I feel sorry for the youngsters cause they arent getting a fair shake, and I used to be glad to be a Warren Alumni.
    So Bluemoom, Im comin back to the boys also and talking my sh** just to get under ur skin. Truth hurts doesnt it?
    :-D :-D The sun comes out tmrw.

whs78
    Waterboy

Post by whs78 »

Warrior cc , once again I agree. You are right about someone must be feeling guilty!! THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

BLUEMOON
    Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Getting away with something...its called better talent that plays over the weaker ones, happens everywhere in sports get use to it. These people that are getting fed up need to speak-up and get the coaches fired so they can get someone in that will play their kids. Oh then we would have the others complaining about the same thing, man its a vicious cycle :122246 . All you old people need to get over it and just let these kids enjoy high school. Just for info i don't eat wheaties and i laugh everytime you post. So to be honest with you I really kind of like you in a way.

P.S. I really have no beef in this fight as i don't even have kids at this school that play sports, but have been associated with the program for several years. But i would say you had a (LITTLE JOHNNY) at one time that wasn't good enough to be a starter and you thought he was and are still mad he didn't get to play more. I'm sure if (LITTLE JOHNNY) got in the game the Warrior nation supported his play with postives comments and cheer. :-D :-D :-D :-D

As you would say the sun does come up tommorow, but you my friend need to choose to get up on the other side of the bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave
    Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Same story, different school. Mommy and daddy think that little susy is a all star and when she doesnt get the playing time that they think she deserves.....

winninghoops
    Waterboy

Post by winninghoops »

Was anyone here at the game? Lets talk about how chillicothe went 11/11 from the stripe to seal the win. I think the defensive effort from Warren was pretty good if you take away the FT's, chilli only scored 35 points. I think the offensive effort of the warriors was poor. Poor decisions and poor shots. Players play, coaches coach.

gobrowns
    Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

The Fort on Monday and Belpre at home on Wednesday. Hoping for two wins this week. Fort Frye starts 3 freshman...3 very good ones. Warren's younger girls are holding their own too. Warren has more overall experience than they do. Should be a good game. Fort Frye will play hard nose man and a motion offense. Shoot foul shots well...so, let's be ahead near the end of the game. They could go 11 for 11 too.

Warrior C C
    Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well Bluemoon.....As far as having any (little Johnnys) didnt have one...maybe some grandkids but different sport....
    Glad you give me something to write about cause It gives me a reason to keep coming to the computer..lol!
    It seems like bball is the key topic where most of the problems are, Because from what ive seen its on both the boys and girls teams. Looks like the average fan has several questions on why he or she isnt playing over the starters? Thats whats puzzling? Maybe this is the reason there is so much tension in the stands because it really does show-up? Never going to name any names but its pretty obvious that there are some better kids riding the pine while the (Vincent Elite) are getting the playing time. It does get old im sure cause its happened for the last 9 years in boys and starting to get the same way in girls recently. Just wish the varsity boys would share some more playing time with some of the younger kids that are as good or better but maybe thats why it doesnt happen....people might see the truth? Maybe someday we will be able to get some coaches in our program that will not play headgames with the kids and show them it does payoff to work hard and get better, because you will get rewarded. But if it never happens in bball while at Warren, then parents need to tell there kids that it will def payoff in real life where it matters mostly anyway. Dont let a school systems coaches turn you into a spoiled person because its not the way you will want it in life as you get older. So maybe Warren hoops is about teaching kids how to handle adversity and unfareness as we all know that you will face this as you grow up. To bad they had to learn at a sport in which they loved... or used to love. So Bluemoon, hope to hear from ya after the Jackson game....Hope the Warriors win but if not , Im sure I will have some great posts on why ...haha. So until then.... :122249 The sun comes out tmrw.

Warrior C C
    Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

GoBrowns.....It would be nice for 2 wins but dont count on it...The cadets are a team that shows just how a program should be ran! 3 freshmen on the varsity team, not just because who they are, but because THEY ARE GOOD! This is one of the best young teams you will see and Congrats to Coach Lidtke(spelling) for not worrying about the upperclassmen or their parents whining about thats not how it is supposed to be. The Cadets are going to be great for the next several years because its about Winning at the FORT! If Im wrong I will apologize but as I SEE IT, WARREN will be taught how to play the game Monday night...These girls are all about TEAM and move the ball EXTREMELY well and can shoot! So maybe Belpre will be a better matchup for the Lady Warriors. 1-1 for the week, and I will apologize if im wrong.FORT FRYE BY ATLEAST 10... Goodluck Warriors!

Return to “Girls Basketball”